Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2003, 12:53 (Ref:790535)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Prost is fine by what the situation is. It is just he that some one asked his opinion and he gave it.

It is possible to have an opinion and it be based on your views and not be due to an ulterior motive. Prost is not in competition with Schumacher and their careers only overlapped by a few years.

Ferrari then and now is different (not worse, not better), I'm not sure why Prost should be chastised for saying so.
Old 21 Nov 2003, 13:08 (Ref:790556)   #77
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but these guys are highly competitive - so when they get compared to others or a different generation they react. That's fine.
Then we react
Old 21 Nov 2003, 13:12 (Ref:790562)   #78
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but the reaction is based on a guess why Prost said it and not what he actually said.

I just don't think it is Prost's style. After 1990 he said of Senna, "well if he wants the title that much he can have it". A man who has his priorities sorted out and he can see that being the best F1 driver is not always at the top of them!
Old 21 Nov 2003, 13:46 (Ref:790615)   #79
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly not, and being him 4th WDC, makes him one of the greatest. Prost always knew what he wanted, he said one day that he was 98% involved with F1, while Senna was 110%. What I don't understand why he said that about TGF. Better be raw and straight like Piquet: "Schumacher is f****** greatest F1 driver of all time, and the rest has to live with that."
Old 21 Nov 2003, 14:10 (Ref:790657)   #80
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
It is possible to have an opinion and it be based on your views and not be due to an ulterior motive.
Very true Adam, but far less possible to have an opinion that is'nt clouded by personal experiences and ego. Until Michael came along, Prost was the most successful driver since Fangio. I have no doubt that his demotion in the ranks clouds his opinion a little.

We all see it our own lives, the former greats of our own professions saying similar things about the new breed. I guess it's something that comes with age and retirement.

Look forward to the headlines in 10 years "Schumacher thinks 'driver X' is average".
Old 22 Nov 2003, 13:33 (Ref:791433)   #81
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alot of you Schumacher fans are sure rattled by Prosts comments
Old 22 Nov 2003, 15:10 (Ref:791475)   #82
Martin
Rookie

Martin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly, Prost's advice on team management seems a little misplaced, much like the Conservative party bringing their two recent election-losers in as advisers.

I don't think Rubens slowed intentionally, he simply made a bad start. They would have wanted him to get away well and challenge Kimi into turn one, anmd I'm sure blocking Montoya wasn't part of the plan.
Old 22 Nov 2003, 17:45 (Ref:791549)   #83
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
We all see it our own lives, the former greats of our own professions saying similar things about the new breed. I guess it's something that comes with age and retirement.

Look forward to the headlines in 10 years "Schumacher thinks 'driver X' is average".
Yes, nostalgia isn't what it used to be... but the point is in every age they did the same thing.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 21:51 (Ref:794445)   #84
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
However, the context in which a person says something is important too. The line "Well if he thinks the championship is that important he can have it" was spoken by Prost right after the first time Senna tried to kill him.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 22:08 (Ref:894024)   #85
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Sorry, but i found this funny.......

I have the potential to earn millions, doesn't mean i do earn millions though
Mr V,

I've been away from these forums for quite awhile and need to clarify something for Mr V.I hope that I'm not bothering anyone with this post,however some topics need to be clarified.

I'll simplify for you Mr V.I've had to decline work on many occasion because we simply can't handle the work load.I was making reference to the potential income of the work that I can't accept due to this.I hope this clears things up for you.I wasn't very articulate in my post and hoped that Pitstop would PM me on this matter.

Cheers mate and let's see what Melbourne brings.

Tye