Old 3 Mar 2004, 14:51 (Ref:892427)   #26
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by santori
A lot of it seems to be Windsor-inspired and, as with most Windsor inspired things, based on very little.
I have often felt the same way about Mr. Windsor, glad I'm not the only one!

Not meant to be a slagging of Mr. Webber, by the way...

Old 3 Mar 2004, 16:42 (Ref:892509)   #27
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber's team mates:

Webber's team mates at AMG Mercedes-Benz.

Bernd Schneider
Klaus Ludwig
Riccardo Zonta
Christophe Bouche
Jean-Marc Gounon
Marcel Thiemann
Peter Dumbrek
Nick Heidfeld
Pedro Lamy
Frank Lagorce
Old 3 Mar 2004, 19:44 (Ref:892711)   #28
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muzza you miss my point.I refered to Zonta entering F1 with BAR(I think thats right so don't shoot me if its not please)before Mark was picked up because he had a larger sponsership package behind him then Mark.Mark got there more on merit and ability then with the help of sponsers.If Falvio hadn't convinced P.Stoddart to sign him to drive his F3000 car he would not have made it.I was not haveing a go at Zonta but mearly comparing the way both entered F1.Zonta had it hard when at BAR as his team mate gave no assistance to him from what I can gather.

The Grumpy1
Old 3 Mar 2004, 20:01 (Ref:892729)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Webber's team mates:

Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
Webber's team mates at AMG Mercedes-Benz.

...Riccardo Zonta...
http://www.autosport.com/featuresask...=26154&s=5&l=3
An interesting article on that.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 20:11 (Ref:892747)   #30
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by shiny side up!
I have often felt the same way about Mr. Windsor, glad I'm not the only one!

Not meant to be a slagging of Mr. Webber, by the way...

Agree absolutely, If Windsor likes a driver, do we get to know. If we doesn't like a driver, BOY do we get to know! Loves DC, hated Irvine. Some of his writing was downright atrocious. The word unimpartial springs to mind.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 20:34 (Ref:892782)   #31
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
2005 World Championship

1st Mark Webber (Australia) Williams BMW

End of transmission...

p.s. Muzza - nice signature, mate - Love the Mario
lol funny how ppl are jumping to his defence are australians?

what ever, time will tell, that if button dont end up at william and blow webber away!
Old 3 Mar 2004, 20:36 (Ref:892784)   #32
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
Muzza you miss my point.I refered to Zonta entering F1 with BAR(I think thats right so don't shoot me if its not please)before Mark was picked up because he had a larger sponsership package behind him then Mark.Mark got there more on merit and ability then with the help of sponsers.If Falvio hadn't convinced P.Stoddart to sign him to drive his F3000 car he would not have made it.I was not haveing a go at Zonta but mearly comparing the way both entered F1.Zonta had it hard when at BAR as his team mate gave no assistance to him from what I can gather.

The Grumpy1
Understood, Grumpy1 - and I also believe that Zonta will not (in the remote hypothesis he ever returns) be as successful as Webber in Formula 1.

We seem to disagree about what took Zonta to Formula 1: I followed his career closely since his Formula 3 days, and I never knew of any big budget behind him. He raced in top teams (SuperNova, Mercedes AMG), undoubtedly, but I am unaware of Zonta bringing lots of money in. That's where we diverge.

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 3 Mar 2004, 20:37 (Ref:892786)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure he brought a good sponsor with him, but not bundles and bundles of cash. Wouldn't swear by that, though.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 21:50 (Ref:892871)   #34
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't that the last MBenz line up?
Was not Shuee one of the original MB drivers(I apologize if I am wrong)in one of the horrible looking silver blocks back when the Jag xr9s ? were running?
When did Webber first race for Mercedes Benz?
And is it not shuee who has a high opinion of Webber as someone to watch if he gets a good car.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 22:11 (Ref:892891)   #35
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE
what ever, time will tell, that if button dont end up at william and blow webber away! [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Button has already been blown away by one teammate, I'm sure Webber wouldn't mind doing that to him too.

I think Webber is good, maybe not a freak in terms of car control like a Montoya, but he makes up for it in other areas.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 3 Mar 2004, 22:53 (Ref:892932)   #36
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I knew Webber and Zonta were in the same team.One must remember that they were in different cars.Zonta beat Webber in the championship by 1 point I think that year.This was the same year Webber tried to teach the thing to fly on the Mulsan straight.The thing that impressed the most was he got into the spare the next day and went faster until he flipped it again.

The Grumpy1
Old 3 Mar 2004, 23:55 (Ref:892987)   #37
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Hello, Grumpy1,

Your friend Muzza again...

Quote:
Yes I knew Webber and Zonta were in the same team.One must remember that they were in different cars.Zonta beat Webber in the championship by 1 point I think that year.
- Webber and Zonta were in the same team in 1998;
- Zonta paired with Klaus Ludwig, and Webber with Bernd Schneider;
- Zonta and Ludwig won the title with 77 points. Schneider and Webber finished after them (second ranked, technically third place) with 69 points;

Quote:

This was the same year Webber tried to teach the thing to fly on the Mulsan straight.The thing that impressed the most was he got into the spare the next day and went faster until he flipped it again.
Actually that was Le Mans 1999 - so not the same year, as in 99 Zonta made his first Formula 1 season with BAR.

I was as impressed as you when Webber went faster after his first blowover...

I know a guy that was marshalling that race and a colleague of his was amongst the first to reach Webber after the second flip. Webber left the car shouting "there is no f****** way I will ever drive a Mercedes again in my f****** life!"

Quite comprehensibly, I would say...

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 4 Mar 2004, 00:28 (Ref:893020)   #38
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
I know a guy that was marshalling that race and a colleague of his was amongst the first to reach Webber after the second flip. Webber left the car shouting "there is no f****** way I will ever drive a Mercedes again in my f****** life!"
well, surely he can't be criticised for that...(or aren't I allowed to have an opinion on this due to my nationality?)
Old 4 Mar 2004, 00:36 (Ref:893024)   #39
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
This thread and the JPM bashing thread are becoming very tedious, if the quality of posts dont improve, the topics will be closed (again, a general comment, not directed at any one poster).
Old 4 Mar 2004, 00:54 (Ref:893034)   #40
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
OK, I guess I will go back to CART forum. Things like these demotivate me to participate more often in the Formula 1 forum.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 01:42 (Ref:893061)   #41
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fondmetal
lol funny how ppl are jumping to his defence are australians?

what ever, time will tell, that if button dont end up at william and blow webber away!
Webber has teamed with Button and was quite fast remember Renualt Mark was the tester and faster
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish