Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3906171)   #326
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Certainly did.
Old 26 May 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3906173)   #327
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well that was bloody good fun, and a good race to run after a good Monaco too. And the forum was fun too.
Yeah! There's still one more to go, if your up for 600 miles of the National Stock Car Auto Racing series in North Cackalacky
Old 26 May 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3906174)   #328
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Cool! Amazing race, so happy someone had pull to make the weather cooperate.
Old 26 May 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3906175)   #329
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeah! There's still one more to go, if your up for 600 miles of the National Stock Car Auto Racing series in North Cackalacky
Hell yes!
Old 26 May 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3906176)   #330
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Negative, I'm up for work 7 hours from now Enjoy the 600!
Old 26 May 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3906179)   #331
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Negative, I'm up for work 7 hours from now Enjoy the 600!
Well, alrighty then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Hell yes!
Well alrighty then!

Old 26 May 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3906180)   #332
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Me neither. NASCAR is not really my thing.
But I hope it's a good race for those who love it.
Old 26 May 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3906181)   #333
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Me neither. NASCAR is not really my thing.

But I hope it's a good race for those who love it.
I used too! I'm going to follow just for sake of extending the reason to drink alcohol, not that I really need one...
Old 27 May 2019, 01:49 (Ref:3906216)   #334
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I used too! I'm going to follow just for sake of extending the reason to drink alcohol, not that I really need one...
My wife is sitting outside talking on the phone right now. I'm tempted to lock the doors and turn off the lights to drink bourbon in peace. Oops did I type that?

I was only a couple hours late finishing the last 40 laps on dvr. I enjoyed it, glad to see Pag win, but was pulling for Carpenter. He just faded on the final restart. Ferrucci surprised me by finishing 7, and Daly had a decent run at 10th.
Old 27 May 2019, 02:10 (Ref:3906221)   #335
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
My wife is sitting outside talking on the phone right now. I'm tempted to lock the doors and turn off the lights to drink bourbon in peace. Oops did I type that?

I was only a couple hours late finishing the last 40 laps on dvr. I enjoyed it, glad to see Pag win, but was pulling for Carpenter. He just faded on the final restart. Ferrucci surprised me by finishing 7, and Daly had a decent run at 10th.
Just crank it up with Fox.

Likewise with Ed. He's a story every May, like it or not.
Old 27 May 2019, 05:20 (Ref:3906245)   #336
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Seb/Rahal incident took out 3 drivers who I always pull for, and 2 others that deserved much better finishes than they got. Blame is squarely on Seb, and I am always in his corner as far as one who I want to see do well. Rahal was well up on the inside when Seb turned down, spotter should have been on top of the situation. I'm assuming that Seb's spotter was saying "inside, inside" and that Seb reacted by trying to squeeze Rahal out of the line. I haven't read any statements by Seb yet. Perhaps he didn't get good input from his spotter. I'm sure Rahal assumed that Seb knew he was inside, and would either hold his line on the outsiide (as many other drivers did in similar situations, often staying ahead of the inside car), or fall back.
Old 27 May 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3906246)   #337
mstets
Racer

Great drives by Simon, Rossi, Sato, Newgarden, and a nice recovery by Power. Ferrucci did a great job, will be a well deserving ROTY.
Old 27 May 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3906373)   #338
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That flyover was badass, however! A-10, F-18 and 2 WWII Fighters. BADEFFINGASS
Any one know if the silver / yellow Mustang in the flypast was Ferocious Frankie. Lived in the UK for many years and a regular flyer at Goodwood Revival but sold to Turkey a couple of years back. Only got a quick glimpse on the tv
Old 28 May 2019, 01:55 (Ref:3906430)   #339
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
The Seb/Rahal incident took out 3 drivers who I always pull for, and 2 others that deserved much better finishes than they got. Blame is squarely on Seb, and I am always in his corner as far as one who I want to see do well. Rahal was well up on the inside when Seb turned down, spotter should have been on top of the situation. I'm assuming that Seb's spotter was saying "inside, inside" and that Seb reacted by trying to squeeze Rahal out of the line. I haven't read any statements by Seb yet. Perhaps he didn't get good input from his spotter. I'm sure Rahal assumed that Seb knew he was inside, and would either hold his line on the outsiide (as many other drivers did in similar situations, often staying ahead of the inside car), or fall back.
In an interview during the race, Seb said he didn't know Rahal was up that far beside him. Didn't exactly apologize, but did seem to understand it was his error. I like both Seb and Graham, but I think Graham made some pretty aggressive comments in what was really more or less a racing incident. Seb thought he could cover the spot and Graham would backout, he was wrong and Graham then accused him of trying to kill him.
Old 28 May 2019, 02:41 (Ref:3906437)   #340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In an interview during the race, Seb said he didn't know Rahal was up that far beside him. Didn't exactly apologize, but did seem to understand it was his error. I like both Seb and Graham, but I think Graham made some pretty aggressive comments in what was really more or less a racing incident. Seb thought he could cover the spot and Graham would backout, he was wrong and Graham then accused him of trying to kill him.
Yeah, I'm ok with Graham being upset but he definitely went too far. It felt like Seb knew it was a risky play and it didn't go how he thought it would. But there was no I'm going to get him mentality to the move. It was going to work or end both their races, turns out to be a wreck not a position saving block but that's how it goes sometimes. And it's not like Seb hasn't had his share of big wrecks at Indy so I think he gets the risk young Rahal.
Old 28 May 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3906443)   #341
mstets
Racer

Quote:

They have spotters. I can't imagine that Seb's spotter wasn't saying "inside, inside" before the initial contact. It looked to me that Seb moved down in reaction hoping that Rahal would back out. After the first time that they touched wheels, Seb should have either stayed up in the 2nd groove and given Graham room or backed off and let him go by. Several cars were able to hold the outside line all through the corner (in some instances two corners) when another car was underneath, and often maintained their position. I'd have been happy if either driver had finished in front of the other, but am very disappointed that neither of them finished.
Old 28 May 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3906560)   #342
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
They have spotters. I can't imagine that Seb's spotter wasn't saying "inside, inside" before the initial contact. It looked to me that Seb moved down in reaction hoping that Rahal would back out. After the first time that they touched wheels, Seb should have either stayed up in the 2nd groove and given Graham room or backed off and let him go by. Several cars were able to hold the outside line all through the corner (in some instances two corners) when another car was underneath, and often maintained their position. I'd have been happy if either driver had finished in front of the other, but am very disappointed that neither of them finished.
Is this the same Bourdais that fires a Private LMP1 car out of a certain P4 in a fit of temper tantrum at Le Mans? From that day I have always had.him down as dirty
Old 28 May 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3906562)   #343
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Is this the same Bourdais that fires a Private LMP1 car out of a certain P4 in a fit of temper tantrum at Le Mans? From that day I have always had.him down as dirty
What year and what were they driving?

jimclark
Old 28 May 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3906563)   #344
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Any one know if the silver / yellow Mustang in the flypast was Ferocious Frankie. Lived in the UK for many years and a regular flyer at Goodwood Revival but sold to Turkey a couple of years back. Only got a quick glimpse on the tv
The P40 & P51 were from the Commerative Air Force. You can reach them to inquire about the specific plane. They have a few based on their website.

Last edited by skycafe; 28 May 2019 at 18:16. Reason: Complete sentence before hitting 'enter.'...
Old 28 May 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3906575)   #345
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What year and what were they driving?
I'm quite sure he is talking about Bourdais crashing into the Rollcentre car.
That Rollcentre car was a Dallara IIRC, Bourdais must have been driving either a Pescarolo or a Peugeot.

I'd guess 2003 - 2004 - 2005 ?
Old 28 May 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3906576)   #346
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bourdais probably finished with sportscars. I know he drove he Peugeot while still in F1.

Maybe in the late 00s it happened. He’s not a bad driver, but does get involved in a few too many incidents
Old 28 May 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3906591)   #347
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm quite sure he is talking about Bourdais crashing into the Rollcentre car.
That Rollcentre car was a Dallara IIRC, Bourdais must have been driving either a Pescarolo or a Peugeot.

I'd guess 2003 - 2004 - 2005 ?
I don't remember him doing so. Maybe I missed it as I've been napping more during the 24 these days than in the past. If it were those years, it wouldn't be the 908 as that appeared in 6,7, or 8, no? Some research is in order as I recollect another Bourdais at Le Mans.....it couldn't possibly be him?

jimclark
Old 28 May 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3906592)   #348
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Well, Bourdais is in the Ford GT squad at LeMans next month...

I look at what happened late in the Indy 500 as a racing crash. It was for position late in the race. I might view it differently if it occured early in the race.
Old 28 May 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3906594)   #349
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bourdais probably finished with sportscars. I know he drove he Peugeot while still in F1.

Maybe in the late 00s it happened. He’s not a bad driver, but does get involved in a few too many incidents
I see he drove for Peugeot in 2007 (2nd); '8 (not at LM); '9 (2nd); '10 (DNF, suspension), '11 (2nd); and in '12; he drove a Dome for Pescarolo.

Could it have been 2010...did it put him out too with the suspension failure?
It retired early, 38 laps. Is that when the contact occured?
I really just have no recollection, dang it.
I'm so ashamed.....

jimclark
Old 28 May 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3906596)   #350
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Well, Bourdais is in the Ford GT squad at LeMans next month...

I look at what happened late in the Indy 500 as a racing crash. It was for position late in the race. I might view it differently if it occured early in the race.
I agree, somewhat. I still think I'd lean towards just a racing incident. They both could have avoided it. Rather ambitious by Rahal, and, Bourdais coulda' left some room. Anyhow, it's in the past, and whatever....."that's racin"....."

jimclark