Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Jan 2024, 16:04 (Ref:4192086)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
2024 Daytona 24Hr or ~ 6 Daytona 500s including stages

Anyone going to make a thread?

After the anticipation highs of Jan 2023, this one feels maybe not as exciting. Should still be an enjoyable way to spend a weekend.

Roar this week with qualifying - shouldn't be too cold except for overnight lows of mid 40s.

End of race week could be very wet and mild.

Event Schedules and entry lists - https://www.imsa.com/competitors/

How to watch - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157871

How to complain - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157179

How to return to this thread - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158552

SPOTTERS GUIDE

Last edited by joeb; 24 Jan 2024 at 21:19.
Old 16 Jan 2024, 17:16 (Ref:4192091)   #2
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year being the first year of the LMDh cars and the GTP class as a whole, it's only understandable why it got more attention than this year is getting. We know have a better understanding of how the year will pan out and what to expect. I wouldn't get down on it though. It's now another year and everything is getting a little more back to normal.
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:20 (Ref:4192188)   #3
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Highs in the low-mid 50s (combined with chilly evening temps on Sat. evening for night practice) is bloody cold for Floridians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Anyone going to make a thread?

After the anticipation highs of Jan 2023, this one feels maybe not as exciting. Should still be an enjoyable way to spend a weekend.

Roar this week with qualifying - shouldn't be too cold except for overnight lows of mid 40s.

End of race week could be very wet and mild.

Event Schedules and entry lists - https://www.imsa.com/competitors/

How to watch - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157871

How to complain - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157179

How to return to this thread - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158552
Old 17 Jan 2024, 15:42 (Ref:4192194)   #4
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Lol yes as a native Floridian I concur. Unfortunately as a current south Carolinian it's 25 outside. 50s would be car washing weather!

Looking at race temps, weather.com says high of 74 low of 62. Are other outlets reporting different? I know weather channel is fairly generic
Old 18 Jan 2024, 02:04 (Ref:4192246)   #5
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attending my first Daytona 24 in person since 2018 here soon. Seems like that is the best experience by far now. The product on TV has not been good since 2020 which was the last time the race went with few safety cars. I have taken the approach for the past 3 years of why bother watching 23.5 hours of it when it will be a mad dash in the last 20 minutes anyway because all of the safety car periods will just keep everyone artificially bunched together. I've been proven right.
Old 18 Jan 2024, 02:07 (Ref:4192247)   #6
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great video recommendation here. Formula Jonah going through the history of winning manufactures at the Daytona 24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9if...hD49zgQIRxJB_b
Old 18 Jan 2024, 03:07 (Ref:4192250)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Why bother attending the first 23.5hrs amirite
Old 18 Jan 2024, 03:29 (Ref:4192251)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TROPE ALERT! TROPE ALERT!

This is not a new concept. Check out the discussion on the race procedures: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156878
Old 18 Jan 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4192286)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Why bother attending the first 23.5hrs amirite
Nailed it, wonder if they will sell a car racing expert pass this year? Let's you cut the line and sit at S/F to see who wins the lottery and leads at the last FCY, probably caused by a GTP with a pro driver but blamed on an LMP3
Old 18 Jan 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4192360)   #10
GT3_Fan
Racer

I have an image here of all Daytona 24 overall winners since 2014
Attached Images

Old 18 Jan 2024, 19:15 (Ref:4192401)   #11
GT3_Fan
Racer

And an image of a GT overall winners at Daytona since 2014. Car numbers or colors might not match exactly in a couple cases. But the make and the livery is right.
Attached Images

Last edited by Adam43; 19 Jan 2024 at 01:15. Reason: As requested
Old 19 Jan 2024, 16:38 (Ref:4192475)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CARS ARE ON TRACK!!

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/

DSC Notes from yesterday: https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...m-daytona.html
Old 19 Jan 2024, 17:41 (Ref:4192485)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some variation in amount of running there. The top Porsche only did 5 laps, the second placed BMW did 35.

And wonderfully GTD quicker than GTDPRO. As it should be
Old 19 Jan 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4192497)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I’ve done it before and no doubt do it again. The laps aren’t total laps but on which one the fastest time was set.

Still interesting, some went out and set a time, but then did lots of running without improving. Others built up to it.

On actual laps run a couple are cars are low. Presumably running 8 to some kind of issue. The Proton Porsche and one of the Penske Porsches for instance and that shows on the timing too.

All the GTs got lots of laps.
Old 19 Jan 2024, 19:47 (Ref:4192500)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve done it before and no doubt do it again. The laps aren’t total laps but on which one the fastest time was set.

Still interesting, some went out and set a time, but then did lots of running without improving. Others built up to it.

On actual laps run a couple are cars are low. Presumably running 8 to some kind of issue. The Proton Porsche and one of the Penske Porsches for instance and that shows on the timing too.

All the GTs got lots of laps.
Did the new tires debut today or are they coming post Daytona?

And how about that Ligier!
Old 19 Jan 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4192505)   #16
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are IMSA still doing the live stream on their site?

And covering the Roar this weekend?
Old 19 Jan 2024, 20:22 (Ref:4192508)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Are IMSA still doing the live stream on their site?

And covering the Roar this weekend?
I'm not sure if practice is covered on video, but qualifying is streamed for all the other races and think it is same here Sunday.
Old 19 Jan 2024, 21:44 (Ref:4192520)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I think the slowing down of the LMP2 class since there was last multiple makes has improved the chances for Ligier. Early in session 2 they are 2nd in class.
Old 19 Jan 2024, 21:47 (Ref:4192521)   #19
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to say but would be great to see a non-Oreca actually competitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
qualifying is streamed for all the other races and think it is same here Sunday
I think so too. Also probably no geo blocking for qualifying (outside of US at least).
Old 19 Jan 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4192524)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think the slowing down of the LMP2 class since there was last multiple makes has improved the chances for Ligier. Early in session 2 they are 2nd in class.
BMW top at the moment. Porsche getting some laps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Hard to say but would be great to see a non-Oreca actually competitive.
Go Ligier!
Quote:
I think so too. Also probably no geo blocking for qualifying (outside of US at least).
I think you’re right. When there isn’t any there won’t be any geo blocking.

Whatever I am off to Italy to watch this race. Although I am also ready with the cock if needed.

If any of us get any facts remember to tell the people. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157871
Old 20 Jan 2024, 00:03 (Ref:4192527)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Uhh, the CANADIANS had a car freeze?? Really guys, come on

**The team also faced an issue during its trip to Daytona. “When we sent the car down, it froze in the trailer,” Bortolotti told Sportscar365. “The radiators cracked. We had a big thrash last night and this morning but it’s all fine. We ran this morning as intended, which is great and the McLaren folks have been awesome.”

From S365

Apparently Ford does hand delivery of cars too

Holt told Sportscar365 that Multimatic staff delivered the car to the Christian Ried-owned team by literally pushing it down the streets of Mooresville, N.C., with Proton’s U.S. outpost located down the street from the Multimatic’s Mustang GT3 assembly and factory race team shop.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 00:29 (Ref:4192532)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
BMW top at the moment. Porsche getting some laps. Go Ligier!

I think you’re right. When there isn’t any there won’t be any geo blocking.

Whatever I am off to Italy to watch this race. Although I am also ready with the cock if needed. [/url]
For some reason, hearing you say that and all I could think was

Watching it on your tennis shoes were you?
Old 20 Jan 2024, 01:13 (Ref:4192535)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Never had any of their shoes. Although I randomly had one of their t-shirts when I was a kid. Someone at my school got all uppity about it because it was French. Got proper nasty, I should wear something English. Weird. Cock (and not in a good way).
Old 20 Jan 2024, 01:20 (Ref:4192536)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The Mustang has had a couple of good sessions. Although the Mercs not superficially faring so well.

And everyone has been putting in the laps now.

Both sessions have been in the 70s deg F. Which is nice. I’ve been sledging (sledding) though.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 11:20 (Ref:4192559)   #25
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could anyone give a hint as to the times stuff is happening?