Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think it is?
Lewis Hamilton 1 2.13%
Valterri Bottas 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 35 74.47%
Max Verstappen 9 19.15%
Daniel Ricciardo 1 2.13%
Nico Hülkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Brendon Hartley 1 2.13%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Sergey Sirotkin 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Oct 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3859288)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The problem is Kimi doesn't produce this kind of performance week in week out
Old 26 Oct 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3859336)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I wish I could agree with that. However Ferrari needed to move on. Kimi hasn’t been able to compete at the high level required. His comparison to Vettel is poor and in other situations when presented with opportunities (e.g. Monza) he wasn’t able to capitalise and most situations he can’t get close enough to an opportunity.

Love him. Thrilled for the win. But he’s a few clicks away from top team calibre.
I don't know about Kimi not being able to compete at the high level required, I think it's more to do with being required to fulfill a certain role. So far this season, Kimi has had three retirements, 10 podiums, including last weekend's win. His nearest rival and fellow countryman Bottas, has had 2 retirements, 8 podiums and no wins. Compared to last season, it could be argued Bottas is also not able to compete at the high level required. However, I don't think that's the case for either driver.

This is about whether Hamilton or Vettel will be the first to win a 5th title and their respective teams want the kudos and marketing potential that goes with such an accolade, particularly Ferrari, who have been the bridesmaids since Kimi last won the WDC in 2008. Therefore I think both Kimi and Bottas have been tasked with driving a supportive role, by their respective teams, in order to give Hamilton and Vettel the best, possible chance of winning that 5th title.
Old 26 Oct 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3859341)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
By highest level I mean very highest level. I’m not saying he doesn’t know his craft.

He’s not in the top six, so isn’t top three team level. He just isn’t.

I don’t think it’s his role either. Occasionally he can get the better of Vettel. Ocassionally. There is scant evidence to suggest that there is a leash keeping Raikkonen back. Maybe he and Bottas do have to defer for somethings, but if they didn’t they would not be able to consistently challenge their respective team leaders. And Bottas, I think, I closer to doing that over this year than Raikkonen.

Ferrari, who know the situation best, are letting him go.
Old 26 Oct 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3859356)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
By highest level I mean very highest level. I’m not saying he doesn’t know his craft.

He’s not in the top six, so isn’t top three team level. He just isn’t.

I don’t think it’s his role either. Occasionally he can get the better of Vettel. Ocassionally. There is scant evidence to suggest that there is a leash keeping Raikkonen back. Maybe he and Bottas do have to defer for somethings, but if they didn’t they would not be able to consistently challenge their respective team leaders. And Bottas, I think, I closer to doing that over this year than Raikkonen.

Ferrari, who know the situation best, are letting him go.
Both Kimi and Bottas have to be able to challenge their respective team leaders, that's if challenge is the the right word, otherwise they wouldn't be doing their jobs as wingmen, for their respective team leaders.

At the end of the day, Ferrari are looking for new blood. Kimi is 39 and Leclerc 21.
Old 26 Oct 2018, 23:10 (Ref:3859369)   #30
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Both Kimi and Bottas have to be able to challenge their respective team leaders, that's if challenge is the the right word, otherwise they wouldn't be doing their jobs as wingmen, for their respective team leaders.

At the end of the day, Ferrari are looking for new blood. Kimi is 39 and Leclerc 21.
I do think that Ferrari may have gone a little early with Leclerc, he would have benefitted from another season where he is before being fed to the political wolves at the Scuderia.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3859373)   #31
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
If Ferrari lose the WCC this year, it will be down to Vettel’s performance, not Kimi’s.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 00:49 (Ref:3859375)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
If Ferrari lose the WCC this year, it will be down to Vettel’s performance, not Kimi’s.
There are 75 points to be had and Mercedes lead Ferrari by 66.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 02:01 (Ref:3859382)   #33
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There are 75 points to be had and Mercedes lead Ferrari by 66.
Sorry, when

Actually aren’t there 129?
43x3 races?
Old 27 Oct 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3859384)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Sorry, when

Actually aren’t there 129?
43x3 races?
Yes, I forgot to include 2nd place, oops.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3859393)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I do think that Ferrari may have gone a little early with Leclerc, he would have benefitted from another season where he is before being fed to the political wolves at the Scuderia.
This.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3859397)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Time will tell..... It's still the decision I'd have made.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3859408)   #37
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
This.
I disagree a bit. Yes they need to protect Leclerc from the media, with that said, everyone knows he will be the rookie, so in some respects it will put the spotlight and pressure onto Vettel if he doesn’t perform well last year. Bringing Leclerc in will also force Vettel to step up, so could be advantageous. It’s make or break for both Ferrari drivers next year though. Could be a fascinating battle.

From an Alfa POV, it’s the perfect line up. Experience with Kimi and youth with Gio so they get a lot of development knowledge and a good marker to compare Gio to
Old 27 Oct 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3859429)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I had expected Leclerc would race one more season at Sauber and than move to Ferrari.

Vettel will still be #1 so Leclerc doesn't get the whole red nation on his shoulders.