Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Apr 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1902426)   #51
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to see Ruf's or Gemballa's Porsche. And some Enzo minus 3 cm...
Old 29 Apr 2007, 11:08 (Ref:1902621)   #52
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT1:
- Porsche 997 Turbo / Carrera GT
- Ferrari 599 GTB / Enzo
- BMW M6

GT2:
- Jaguar XKR
- Ford GT
- Maserati GT Coupe
- Nissan Skyline
- Audi R8
- BMW M3
Old 2 May 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1905446)   #53
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been in an intesting disscussion with someone I belive is assocated with Nissan and the release of the GT-R. He is doing every thing he can to convince me that current racing is not necessary. and the History of the races the Skyline did in Japan and Australia is enough racing.

DOnt think he gets the idea that if the Nissan GT-R is going to compete with Porsche and Corvette plus sell in the Europe and US, the two largerst sports car markets in the world, Nissan must race and win in the ALMS, LMS, and FIA-GT1

Win on Sunday, SELL on Monday.
Old 3 May 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1905592)   #54
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT1:
- Ferrari 599
- a competitive Pagani Zonda
- Ford GT
- Koenigsegg (which should happen shortly)
- Porsche Carrera GT

GT2:
- one of those "mega" cabrio-coupè things by Mercedes... SL55-65...
- Ascari KZ1
- Lambo Gallardo
- TVR Sagaris
- a full-ACO Mosler MT900
- Alfa 8c
Old 3 May 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1905643)   #55
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
GT1:
- Ford GT

I would like to see this car in GT1; Imagine a works or semi-works Ford GT40 in GT1 at Le Mans 24 Hrs vs. Chevrolet, Oreca-Saleen and Aston...would be the perfect race.
Yes I know, a impossible dream...it's a pity

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 4 May 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1906683)   #56
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We where at Donington testing yesterday and there was a Bugatti Vayron road car on track doing some laps only did about 4 laps before the smell of very hot breaks could be smelt on the pit wall as it went past.
It’s a shame the car is not suitable for GT1 would be nice to have Bugatti back on the race track.
Old 4 May 2007, 17:44 (Ref:1906741)   #57
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I will keep the list real simple:
Chevy
Dodge
Ferrari
Ford
Porsche
Old 5 May 2007, 08:51 (Ref:1906990)   #58
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The vehicle I'd most like to see as a GT racer has to be the Bristol Fighter. (unrestricted, the Fighter T version of this vehicle would be the fastest road car on the planet - it could probably tow a Veyron well past a ton too...)
Mass-produced tin such as M6s, Skylines and so on are all very good in their own way, but do not stir the soul like real endurance racers should. However, the immense purchase price of the Bristol would be prohibitive for even the most well-heeled prospective racer; though the immense strength of the thing might make it suitable for either category. Oh-and its Viper motor is quite well understood...

and as a second suggestion, that 6-wheeled Covini thing
Old 6 May 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1907882)   #59
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
599 GTB not going to happen

I emailed Risi Competizione as to when and will Ferrari and Michelotto make a new Ferrari 599 GTC racecar?

Donald Pierce of Risi Competizione emailed me today and said the following:

There are no plans for a 599GTB race car by Ferrari. Michelotto, which is the division of Ferrari that produces Corse Clienti (Client Racing) cars would be the company to produce it, under Ferrari's department supervision.

At this stage, however, there are no plans for a 599GTB. GT1 is an order of magnitude more expensive to race than GT2, with budgets for two cars in the $7.0 to $10.0 million range.
Old 7 May 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1908066)   #60
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old Ferrari 550s by Prodrive and CARE racing are faster and more reliable then the 599.
Plus Ferrari has a real customer winner with the 430 right now
Old 7 May 2007, 04:58 (Ref:1908114)   #61
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
The old Ferrari 550s by Prodrive and CARE racing are faster and more reliable then the 599.
Huh? What's this comparison based on? Are you comparing race cars to road cars right now?
In case you were trying to make a case against Ferrari race car preparation with the 575, that one was made by N-Technology, not Michelotto as the F430 for example.

A Michelotto-prepped 599 would probably have been very nice.
Old 7 May 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1908357)   #62
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian

A Michelotto-prepped 599 would probably have been very nice.
Yes it would. But Michelotto IIRC were the ones who said, NO 599 GT-C, the 550s was faster, even faster then the 575. The 599 GT-C was not going to happen as the 430 is the customer car of choice for racing at this time.
Old 7 May 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1908404)   #63
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Yes, those things have already been said here. But could you please explain the first sentence of your previous post?

Quote:
What is this based on?
Old 7 May 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1908447)   #64
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
Yes, those things have already been said here. But could you please explain the first sentence of your previous post?

What is this based on?
This will get you stated. Lots of reading, when you go though it all ( lots of cool pictures too) one sees that the Ferrari backed 575GT-C did not fair as well as the ProDrive and Care 550s.

Links to Info
Success of the ProDrive and Car Racing 550s

No Ferrari and Lamborghini race cars

No 599 GTC?

And a post from a freind of mine back in Nov 06

Quote:
I emailed Risi Competizione as to when and will Ferrari and Michelotto make a new Ferrari 599 GTC racecar?

Donald Pierce of Risi Competizione emailed me today and said the following:

There are no plans for a 599GTB race car by Ferrari. Michelotto, which is the division of Ferrari that produces Corse Clienti (Client Racing) cars would be the company to produce it, under Ferrari's department supervision.

At this stage, however, there are no plans for a 599GTB. GT1 is an order of magnitude more expensive to race than GT2, with budgets for two cars in the $7.0 to $10.0 million range.
The new Ferrari 599 GTB is one heck of a car, and YES we would all love to see it race in the GT1 classes, but not likely.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 7 May 2007 at 18:20.
Old 7 May 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1908460)   #65
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well i'd like to see a Ferrari GT1 (599 or other) but it would surely only ever happen if the MC12 was withdrawn. I guess it doesn't matter if the cars are factory run or privateer run, a major motor manufacturer is unlikely to smile favourably on 2 types of car running aganst each other in the same class of racing?

The MC12 is going to be the benchmark GT1 car until it's homologation runs out I reckon. It doesn't matter how the regs are altered to keep it in check, the damn thing still wins races! It's not my favouritae thing but you've got to admire it for its prowess?

Similar with the Ford GT, whislt it would be truly excellent to see a GT1 contender it's not all that likely whilst there are Astons running amok, even if Ford's involvement in that car is even less than when they owned the marque - they still have an interest.

More immedaitely i'd like to see at least one compettive team running 2 Saleen's, surely it's been proven it's a competitive beast, so why's there none out there?! Either that or gracefully wind down the Ford engined cars life and concentrate on a Ford engined car with a Ford badge on it - the GT! with the Jag developed for GT2?

Of possible suitable cars for GT1 I'd like to see a front line Porsche contender back in the 'big class' but it's highly unlikely. I'd like to see a decent Japanese GT1 car whether it's a Honda or a Nissan or a Mitsubishi (hey the old scholl GT3000 would have been good for this kind of category?) and also the Koenigsegg and Pagani.

With GT2 I'd like to see the Panoz and Mosler properly homlogated and prepared and maybe Ascari and Gallardo join in.

If just half of these all built cars and one team ran 2 cars, the fields would be simply massive for each round!!
Old 7 May 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1908644)   #66
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
This will get you stated. Lots of reading, when you go though it all ( lots of cool pictures too) one sees that the Ferrari backed 575GT-C did not fair as well as the ProDrive and Care 550s.

Links to Info
Success of the ProDrive and Car Racing 550s

No Ferrari and Lamborghini race cars

No 599 GTC?

And a post from a freind of mine back in Nov 06

The new Ferrari 599 GTB is one heck of a car, and YES we would all love to see it race in the GT1 classes, but not likely.
I understand all that and I have understood that already in the posts before, but you still did not answer my question.
Perhaps I'm being thick, but how come you actually compare the CARE and Prodrive 550 to the 599 in terms of performance and reliability, while we all know (and you've taken the opportunity to repeat it a few times) that there is no racing version of the 599, to which the CARE and Prodrive 550 could have been compared to. Please note the numbers, as taken from your own post.
Old 8 May 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1909145)   #67
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Did any of you catch the spot about the rumored 600 GTO at Pistonheads?