Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4119545)   #6126
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THRUXTON HISTORIC

With the withdrawal of delta and Dr Bob's Lotus Elite just five cars were left to contest the hour long Pre '63 GT/Jaguar Challenge race.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7626.JPG   IMG_7620 (2).JPG   IMG_7597 (2).JPG  

IMG_7598 (2).JPG   IMG_7624 (2).JPG   IMG_7632 (2).JPG  

Old 18 Jul 2022, 02:28 (Ref:4119763)   #6127
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few from the VSCC, Sioverstone Meeting, last weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5264.JPG   IMG_5234.JPG   IMG_5269.JPG  

IMG_5329.JPG   IMG_5361.JPG   IMG_5232.JPG  

Old 18 Jul 2022, 02:31 (Ref:4119764)   #6128
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5379.JPG   IMG_5390.JPG   IMG_5397.JPG  

IMG_5394.JPG   IMG_5385.JPG   IMG_5408.JPG  

Old 18 Jul 2022, 02:34 (Ref:4119765)   #6129
bauble
Veteran

England
Then;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5315.JPG   IMG_5296.JPG   IMG_5305.JPG  

IMG_5292.JPG   IMG_5295.JPG   IMG_5316.JPG  

Old 18 Jul 2022, 02:37 (Ref:4119766)   #6130
bauble
Veteran

England
Finally;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5461.jpg   IMG_5464.jpg   IMG_5447.jpg  

IMG_5432.jpg   IMG_5439.JPG   IMG_5457.jpg  

Old 18 Jul 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4119838)   #6131
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A few from the VSCC, Sioverstone Meeting, last weekend.
Thank you for those - a very enjoyable afternoon's racing, especially the Vintage & pre-66 racing cars where Maeers, Painter & O'Brian circulated as a close trio up front with frequent place swapping.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 06:18 (Ref:4119860)   #6132
bauble
Veteran

England
After 696,813 views, and 6130 replies, I will close the Bauble Picture Parade.

I am delighted that is has been such a successm and thank everyone for their comments over the years.

I trust the Mods will at least rtemove the 'Bauble' from the title, as no doubt it will still be an outlet for members pictures.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 06:38 (Ref:4119863)   #6133
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I am delighted that is has been such a successm and thank everyone for their comments over the years.

I trust the Mods will at least rtemove the 'Bauble' from the title, as no doubt it will still be an outlet for members pictures.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Please don't close The Parade Baub. Scanning the new contents every day is one of my life's (few) pleasures. Great thanks to you and the other contributors for providing the entertainment.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4119881)   #6134
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Cheers,

Bauble.
Just to say thanks Bob for creating the thread and being by far the main provider of digital imagery for our enjoyment.

What would lockdown have been like without it. I also am aware of the time it takes to wade through all your images to find varied, different and interesting vehicles to cover all tastes and fetishes. So, with much gratitude and appreciation for all your effort.... the number of views proves its popularity with all your many fans who frequent this thread in HRT. I know I am not the only fan.

In light of your level and quality contributions here and the fact it was your baby I propose that we should leave it as Bauble's Picture Parade in thanks and recognition. After all we need somewhere to post our racing snaps and im sure Viv has a few gems he would love to share. Im sure between us we can find a few more pages of stuff to continue the thread albeit perhaps not at your level.

So thanks again Mon Ami Bob.

Cheers
Chris.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 11:47 (Ref:4119882)   #6135
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thank you for everything Bob. We’ve always enjoyed seeing the variety of car pictures from many different series
Old 19 Jul 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4119884)   #6136
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I propose that we should leave it as Bauble's Picture Parade in thanks and recognition.
Or - change it to that. There is currently no apostrophe in the title, so the thread is for a parade of pictures of baubles.

In seriousness - the OP reads 'Please feel free to add your own pictures' - so I guess the title refers to a thread created by Bauble for anyone's pictures, as opposed to a thread created for Bauble's pictures?
Old 19 Jul 2022, 16:33 (Ref:4119898)   #6137
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, do not stop. It's enjoyed world wide!
Old 19 Jul 2022, 19:17 (Ref:4119903)   #6138
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers,

Bauble.
Bauble it was your brilliant idea and given the contribution your wonderful photographic collection has made to the thread, it is and always will be Baubles Picture Parade. Hopefully the Parade will carry on (after three years I have only just started going to race meetings again!) and you will change your mind Bauble and allow us to enjoy more of your collection.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 01:04 (Ref:4119912)   #6139
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Your decision, Sir Bob - but I'd just echo the other's appreciation for your work over the past years to entertain and educate us! Thanks.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4119925)   #6140
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, I think the decision on what we call this thread should be left up to Bob
Old 20 Jul 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4119945)   #6141
bauble
Veteran

England
Gentlelen, I am sorry about the Parade, and I am immensely proud to receive so many kind words, however, it is not just the Parade, as I will not be posting on Tenths in the future. For personal reasons I have decided to leave your community, but with great regret having made so many friends (and probably enemies) over the years on the forum. Maybe we can meet at some deserted airfield in the future.
Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 15:32 (Ref:4119946)   #6142
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Gentlelen, I am sorry about the Parade, and I am immensely proud to receive so many kind words, however, it is not just the Parade, as I will not be posting on Tenths in the future. For personal reasons I have decided to leave your community, but with great regret having made so many friends (and probably enemies) over the years on the forum. Maybe we can meet at some deserted airfield in the future.
Cheers,

Bauble.
You can't leave us Baub, who will keep me in check?
Old 21 Jul 2022, 07:22 (Ref:4120007)   #6143
S griffin
Veteran

Thank you Baub for all the great posts, especially the pictures. We didn't always agree with you, but that was part of the fun, especially when we could point out where you were wrong! But I hope you enjoy whatever you now decide to do
Old 21 Jul 2022, 18:01 (Ref:4120057)   #6144
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wheres Bauble

Always enjoyed thumbing through Baubs Pic Parade, some wonderful shots.
This will become a far lesser place without him.

Whatever may have gone wrong , who knows, but when the dust dies down i'm sure he'll be back.

BAUBLE BAUBLE BAUBLE !!!!!!!
Old 23 Jul 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4120261)   #6145
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thread closed pending review.
Old 23 Jul 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4120288)   #6146
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Thread closed pending review.
Completed, thread re-opened.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 03:45 (Ref:4120312)   #6147
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Then;
Is there any information on the red 3 wheeler #19? Quite interested for a project....
Old 24 Jul 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4120330)   #6148
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been away and missed being able to post on the closed Bauble thread.
Like many on here I am saddened by Bob's decision to leave us and hope he will reconsider. This will be a poorer place without him.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4120400)   #6149
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Is there any information on the red 3 wheeler #19? Quite interested for a project....
It's a Morgan Aero from 1926 according to the race entry list. The lever in front of the rear wheel is the gear changer and the pilot was giving it some stick coming out of Luffield.
Old 25 Jul 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4120448)   #6150
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be the full name is Morgan Aero Super (https://www.alamyimages.fr/1926-morg...ge5215811.html) , the road going model looking more conservative (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8IxywnTwQU).

Nice model and brave driver!