Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Nov 2020, 21:25 (Ref:4018598)   #476
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The 3 JWA cars were all Pale Blue with 3 different Orange arrows, a
It was this that was confusing me - and why I was thinking German in an iconic livery.

I couldn't get the 917 Gulf out of my mind, and kept looking for one that had the clubs symbol on.

vs

Good puzzle - enjoyed it.
Old 24 Nov 2020, 21:37 (Ref:4018600)   #477
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice shot of the cars for the Targa, could you name the drivers of all of the cars?
Old 24 Nov 2020, 22:04 (Ref:4018602)   #478
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nice shot of the cars for the Targa, could you name the drivers of all of the cars?
Jo Siffert/Brian Redman, Richard Attwood/Bjorn Waldergard and Pedro Rodriguez/Leo Kinnunen all in Gulf JWA cars.
Vic Elford/Hans Hermann in the Salzburg car?
Old 24 Nov 2020, 22:18 (Ref:4018604)   #479
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK. Without using Google or similar, which of these marques was the first British car to win the Targa Florio, which year and who drove?
Attached Thumbnails
031.JPG   440.jpg   291.JPG  

IMG_6409.JPG   IMG_2917.JPG   IMG_3819.JPG  

Old 25 Nov 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4018760)   #480
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No answer at all? Strange…
Old 25 Nov 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4018763)   #481
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I cheated and looked it up on Google, I didn't answer.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4018770)   #482
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As I cheated and looked it up on Google, I didn't answer.
Don't worry, Mike, the question was intended to be educational rather than competitive.
If one does not know the answer Google is the next best bet.
I am sure everyone will be surprised to know that RBS knew the answer. Wonders will never cease.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 07:03 (Ref:4018807)   #483
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I think its time for RBS to publish his answer. Please, proceed and dont hesitate to add a comment or anecdote.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4018809)   #484
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where can you find this? '

Click image for larger version

Name:	what;.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	65312
Old 26 Nov 2020, 11:04 (Ref:4018828)   #485
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Arrol Johnston or Sunbeam?
Old 26 Nov 2020, 15:13 (Ref:4018880)   #486
RecoveryDiscovery
Rookie

RecoveryDiscovery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure what car but is it not Thomson and Taylor's company logo?
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4018903)   #487
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
It is the Thompson & Taylor logo but where can you find it?
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4018907)   #488
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
It is the Thompson & Taylor logo but where can you find it?
It is on a shiny aluminium surface and suggests Napier Railton, but where on the car I have no idea.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4018913)   #489
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It is on a shiny aluminium surface and suggests Napier Railton, but where on the car I have no idea.
That will do me Bob. It is on the front of the car just above the radiator.
Old 1 Dec 2020, 17:23 (Ref:4019965)   #490
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
wHICH ONE OF THESE IS THE ODD ONE OUT?

Name:	f1 (1).JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	65535ATTACH]65536[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	f1 (6).JPG
Views:	9
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	65537

Name:	f1 (5).JPG
Views:	10
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	65538Click image for larger version

Name:	f1 (2).JPG
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	65539Click image for larger version

Name:	f1 (3).JPG
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	65540
Attached Thumbnails
f1 (4).JPG  
Old 2 Dec 2020, 12:35 (Ref:4020146)   #491
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I do have one correct answer but I do not know who from!!!
Old 2 Dec 2020, 13:31 (Ref:4020159)   #492
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I do have one correct answer but I do not know who from!!!
RB you have had two correct answers, except mine was not the one you were looking for, so there are two possible 'right' answers to your quiz.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4020192)   #493
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Both answers you gave were good, the Minardi was the only non DFV car but Tont Trimmer drove most of them was not quite correct , he only drove one of them, the answer I really want involves the manufacturers. As Recovery Discovery correctly stated..

Welcome aboard RD, you are to clever for Gerrards stupido club.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4020237)   #494
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Welcome aboard RD, you are to clever for Gerrards stupido club.
Gentleman RB I won't dare and correct you just let you know that Gerrards is a famous curve and I'm straight!

No worry RD, one day or another you'll join us. Just a matter of time, questions and answers.
Old 4 Dec 2020, 07:54 (Ref:4020527)   #495
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quick answers needed, I'd say "Flying" answers.

You're looking for a town/track/race name.
F1 related.
The clues: In the question and "I'm longer than the longest with less turns."

No PM, straight forward, no pussy style answer! GO!
Old 4 Dec 2020, 08:06 (Ref:4020529)   #496
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Quick answers needed, I'd say "Flying" answers.

You're looking for a town/track/race name.
F1 related.
The clues: In the question and "I'm longer than the longest with less turns."

No PM, straight forward, no pussy style answer! GO!
Do you mean the Avus circuit in Berlin Gerard?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVUS
Old 4 Dec 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4020542)   #497
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Very good attempt Viva, but not the answer I'm lookin for. Another clue taken from your answer? Avus had only two turns if I'm right… Well not exactly two but this is supposed to help…

Last edited by Gerard C; 4 Dec 2020 at 08:52. Reason: Lack of accuracy. French ya no…
Old 4 Dec 2020, 09:52 (Ref:4020552)   #498
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im with Viv.... I was going to say Avus too.
Old 4 Dec 2020, 10:14 (Ref:4020554)   #499
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Which is said the longest? This one is longer… Non permanent…
Old 4 Dec 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4020556)   #500
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Reims

And because this is a picture puzzle thread:

Last edited by crmalcolm; 4 Dec 2020 at 10:30.