Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Apr 2018, 02:01 (Ref:3816087)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Contributions to racing needs to be off the back of profitable vehicles and Mustang v Camaro could hit the spot, but can Holden catch up to Ford with Camaro sales once they start?
Old 17 Apr 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3816093)   #52
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As expected I'm stoked with this announcement.

Next up, I'm keen to see what other teams might move over to the Blue Oval
Wouldn't it be something to see the former HRT running Mustangs
Old 17 Apr 2018, 03:25 (Ref:3816096)   #53
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news, exactly what the series needed. Just wish Holden had got the Camaro going sooner.

Speaking to friends back home, Supercars already has a strong following. Imagine the penetration a Mustang vs Camaro rivalry could achieve stateside.

Very promising and optimistic times ahead
Old 17 Apr 2018, 04:37 (Ref:3816098)   #54
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is great news for the series for everyone not just Ford
Old 17 Apr 2018, 05:31 (Ref:3816104)   #55
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
awesome news for the sport.

tbh I see the next announcement being WAU running a Camaro in 2019.

would love to see Erebus do it too. they seem pretty keen on their WAU engine alliance why not take it further.....

would love to see the Chevy bow tie out on track.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 05:55 (Ref:3816105)   #56
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's absolutely great, I didn't see that coming at all and now it's relief that it's been announced. It's not only great for Ford teams but for the sport in general because there had been a threat of only-Holden Supercars. Over the moon to see comeback of Ford happen.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3816114)   #57
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Great news all round I think. We've heard statements along the lines of "Ford aren't interested" or "Ford has no interest in Supercars" or "Ford's lack of interest shows that Supercars isn't relevant" from naysayers for a while now. This announcement today is nothing but a positive for the sport generally.

Interesting to note that Ford Australia's head honcho went out of his way to say that Ford withdrew from not just Supercars but also many of its other sponsorships so that it could concentrate on transitioning its workforce and the company generally with the closure of manufacturing. He also said that Ford had continued to support the teams running Fords quietly in the background.

This new deal shows plenty of interest in the category and commitment to it - Ford Ranger recovery vehicles and Moosetangs competing on track. I can see the odd headache with maintaining parity but no doubt it'll all get worked out.

With consistent industry rumours that Fiat/Chrysler might be bringing in the Dodge Challenger road cars, how cool would it be if they joined as well? It would be a bit of a throwback to the days of the "big three"!
Old 17 Apr 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3816125)   #58
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
High time to restore the V8 in front of "Supercars" where it should have been all along.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3816126)   #59
Joshua Anderson
Rookie

Australia
Joshua Anderson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
High time to restore the V8 in front of "Supercars" where it should have been all along.
“Supercars” just looks wrong doesn’t it
Old 17 Apr 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3816132)   #60
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Great news all round I think. We've heard statements along the lines of "Ford aren't interested" or "Ford has no interest in Supercars" or "Ford's lack of interest shows that Supercars isn't relevant" from naysayers for a while now. This announcement today is nothing but a positive for the sport generally.

Interesting to note that Ford Australia's head honcho went out of his way to say that Ford withdrew from not just Supercars but also many of its other sponsorships so that it could concentrate on transitioning its workforce and the company generally with the closure of manufacturing. He also said that Ford had continued to support the teams running Fords quietly in the background.

This new deal shows plenty of interest in the category and commitment to it - Ford Ranger recovery vehicles and Moosetangs competing on track. I can see the odd headache with maintaining parity but no doubt it'll all get worked out.

With consistent industry rumours that Fiat/Chrysler might be bringing in the Dodge Challenger road cars, how cool would it be if they joined as well? It would be a bit of a throwback to the days of the "big three"!
I am sure the armchair key board warriors are spewing now!
Old 17 Apr 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3816143)   #61
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I am sure the armchair key board warriors are spewing now!
How do you figure?

Ford figure a Mustang racing in Supercars will help sell "Ford Performance" line vehicles like the Mustang, Focus RS and Ranger Raptor. That is true. That's the right target audience for that. It's marketing 101 to target your marketing to the customer of your product, just ask Cambridge Analytica.

Ford haven't said anything about whether racing in Supercars will help them sell Mondeos, Escapes and Enduras (the SUV territory replacement)...

Will racing in Supercars help Holden sell Astras and Commodores that are really Vectras? Or will it help Nissan sell Qashqais and X-Trails? That, on the other hand, seems unlikely.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3816152)   #62
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news and good to see both teams rewarded with input.

Someone did mention to me a few years ago Ford planned on being very low key sponsorship wise, while they wound down manufacturing and people lost jobs.

A Camaro would be nice, but given Holdens current situation. I can't see them shelling out big dollars for homologation of another car in less than 12 months. Especially when it will never wear a Holden badge.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 17 Apr 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3816157)   #63
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
How do you figure?

Ford figure a Mustang racing in Supercars will help sell "Ford Performance" line vehicles like the Mustang, Focus RS and Ranger Raptor. That is true. That's the right target audience for that. It's marketing 101 to target your marketing to the customer of your product, just ask Cambridge Analytica.

Ford haven't said anything about whether racing in Supercars will help them sell Mondeos, Escapes and Enduras (the SUV territory replacement)...

Will racing in Supercars help Holden sell Astras and Commodores that are really Vectras? Or will it help Nissan sell Qashqais and X-Trails? That, on the other hand, seems unlikely.
Amen to that.

Great news for VASC.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3816174)   #64
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Ford have also announced today that Mustang will be the car they race in NASCAR from 2019: Pony up!
Sounds like the move to Mustang as a racer is a world wide approach from Ford Performance, with GT4, then Supercars & now NASCAR.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3816258)   #65
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe they'll allow a GT3 car as well?
Old 17 Apr 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3816264)   #66
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder when we get to see it. Hopefully by Bathurst.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 00:21 (Ref:3816273)   #67
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
One of the many articles from the past few days did mention a possible opportunity to see the Mustang run a few laps at Bathurst 2018.

I hope it happens but time moves fast. Would more than make up for not seeing the V6TT ZB debuting
Old 18 Apr 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3816281)   #68
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Ford returns to Supercars with Mustang

Old 18 Apr 2018, 02:01 (Ref:3816283)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
and a few other mock ups at this link
Old 18 Apr 2018, 04:21 (Ref:3816289)   #70
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Fingers Crossed I get to see that
the twin turboed 6
and maybe a Camaro

Hopefully at Bathurst 2018 as I wont be back for a while
Old 18 Apr 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3816345)   #71
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good!
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...rcars-mustang/
Old 18 Apr 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3816346)   #72
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post

i wonder how the curve of the roof line will go on the COTF cage
Old 18 Apr 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3816357)   #73
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 02:10 (Ref:3816440)   #74
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooooohhhhhh Yeah
Old 19 Apr 2018, 02:21 (Ref:3816441)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Ooooooohhhhhh Yeah
that looks pretty good