Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Sep 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3850202)   #46
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
WeatherTech Raceway now, Mazda left a while back. Same as they took their money and signage away at Road Atlanta a few years ago
I need to keep up on these things
Old 15 Sep 2018, 02:17 (Ref:3850213)   #47
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
It didn't really work other than TV guys, think we all called it Laguna Seca, just like Mosport not some acronym
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 Sep 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3850291)   #48
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it was Marshal Pruett told a story about how he always called it "Laguna Seca". It was his childhood track or something. When he was talking to a guy from Mazda, just generally chatting away in the paddock, the guy got really annoyed that he wasn't calling it "Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca", even in an informal discussion. Even if you were talking with your friends Mazdas expectation was you'd call it "Mazda Raceway", and that just isn't happening.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3851157)   #49
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was quite surprised at what seemed like low attendance at the track, admittedly, this is just a view based on what I could see in the broadcast pictures but it's a real shame. Such a wonderful circuit and there was barely anyone there. Not really sustainable is it?
Old 18 Sep 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3851276)   #50
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Laguna has had low attendance for years. Part of the Marshall Pruett's reasoning behind not having two NoCal Indy races at a time.

And yeah, it's Mosport, Laguna Seca and Sears Point for me. Sorry to the sponsors and I appreciate their support but I have trouble calling tracks by different names every so many years.
Old 19 Sep 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3851404)   #51
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forza has made me call it "Mazda Raceway" a few times, because when searching for it on the alphabetized track list it's under M instead of L.

But it's still Laguna Seca.