Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3872427)   #16
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
From memory it’s when applying for a Historic Technical Passport that questions start to get asked. If you don’t need one then all the better!
Old 26 Dec 2018, 11:07 (Ref:3872432)   #17
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
From memory it’s when applying for a Historic Technical Passport that questions start to get asked. If you don’t need one then all the better!
Yes , the HTP can be a problem if you get the wrong scrutineer .

For most rallying a Historic Rally Vehicle Identity Form is the one to use .
But it still requires some common sense from both parties .
Old 26 Dec 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3872449)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
For most rallying a Historic Rally Vehicle Identity Form is the one to use .
But it still requires some common sense from both parties .
Woozat??
Old 26 Dec 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3872457)   #19
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Woozat??

https://www.motorsportuk.org/assets/hrvifguidelines.pdf

That be one of these.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3872462)   #20
Eyebrows
Rookie

Eyebrows should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, thank you very much for all that information and taking all that time to look into the regs and in particular the details of my Volvo.

I think my best bet will be to retrim my Volvo as a 1300 and call it that. I'll leave the 1100 in it for now and with time go about building a decent 1300 engine. Could I call it a 1300 with an 1100 engine in it or do I need that 1.3 litre engine? (I realise it's not going to be easy with an 1100 in it!). I'll have a chat with Simon Hadfield with what to build.

Could it really be badged as a DAF? DAF stopped producing them in about 75 when the company was taken over by Volvo. So theoretically you can't have a 1978 DAF if that makes sense?

It would be nice to know that in the future I could use it in FIA sanctioned events in the future. But I guess it's not worth thinking about and to be honest I don't really know which historic rallies are FIA regs. It would be nice to do the East African Safari Rally at some point in the future as my grandfather did it in the late 60s a few times. But that would be a long way off and I have no idea what the rules are.

Just a thought regarding exhaust manifolds, if you use the same materials and methods to make a manifold (stainless steel and welding was certainly around in the 70s!). Could I make my own to any sensible shape or would that not be allowed?
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3872474)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
All your questions make sense but could set fire to the forum at some point. Wanna bet with me? You can start with the 1100 if both versions are perfectly identical, in and out. This is a new kind of bent car, the displacement being smaller! The 1300 is rather easy to modify, all the good parts/tricks and suppliers are known. If you go for a category where the manifold is free, go for it. If not, it must look like the picture on the form, including ID if specified.
To start you've better study appendix K drawings about ROP's, nobody will accept anything different anywhere on earth. Or you can go for a recognized supplier, may be Custom Cages or Safety Devices. In this case, take care because some have a slight tendency to weld the cage to you car forgetting that you have to put the dashboard back afterwards! Or the headlining… Or the seats…
Even if you dont apply at the moment (why would you?) if you're looking for entries in any FIA event, the HTP is mandatory. Always. Specially when this instance is the organiser. Choosing the right route will save money and time.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3872475)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Dont make a confusion between V5 and HTP. If you present a fully compliant DAF you always can "adjust" the chassis plates…*Remember the example of the Weslake Capri Ripolin?
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3872476)   #23
Eyebrows
Rookie

Quote:
All your questions make sense but could set fire to the forum at some point. Wanna bet with me? You can start with the 1100 if both versions are perfectly identical, in and out. This is a new kind of bent car, the displacement being smaller! The 1300 is rather easy to modify, all the good parts/tricks and suppliers are known. If you go for a category where the manifold is free, go for it. If not, it must look like the picture on the form, including ID if specified.
To start you've better study appendix K drawings about ROP's, nobody will accept anything different anywhere on earth. Or you can go for a recognized supplier, may be Custom Cages or Safety Devices. In this case, take care because some have a slight tendency to weld the cage to you car forgetting that you have to put the dashboard back afterwards! Or the headlining… Or the seats…
Even if you dont apply at the moment (why would you?) if you're looking for entries in any FIA event, the HTP is mandatory. Always. Specially when this instance is the organiser. Choosing the right route will save money and time.
Yep, I understand what you mean, think I might have put my foot in it!

Would I even be able to get an HTP with my chassis? It's not necessarily a problem if not, more important to get started in the sport rather than panicking over minor things. I'd more just like to know.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3872479)   #24
Eyebrows
Rookie

Quote:
Dont make a confusion between V5 and HTP. If you present a fully compliant DAF you always can "adjust" the chassis plates…*Remember the example of the Weslake Capri Ripolin?
I think yes I am a little confusing the two! Being worried about how much I can change of a v5 and how much of the v5 affects the HTP. My point being, if I start off with this Volvo rather than a more authentic gap, have i shot myself in the foot and limited myself or would I still be fine?
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3872480)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Another good question. May be you can try to find out if any HTP was issued for such a DAF or Volvo before. The list is not secret, offered as free consultation by the FIA. If you're interested in, what you're looking for is under pdf format, FIA valid-htp-list
I can't remember how I managed to get it, may be Tel can help again. Please?
Thanks for not mentioning "my" English!
Might be this one
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...htp_list_1.pdf
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3872483)   #26
Eyebrows
Rookie

Quote:
Another good question. May be you can try to find out if any HTP was issued for such a DAF or Volvo before. The list is not secret, offered as free consultation by the FIA. If you're interested in, what you're looking for is under pdf format, FIA valid-htp-list
Might be this one
Yup, on that valid HTP list, FIA n.o. 38650 is a Volvo 66, in fact it is the same one as the only Volvo 66 homologation paper that I've found so far. Probably makes sense i guess.

There is also one DAF on there (number 36462)
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3872487)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows View Post
Being worried about how much I can change of a v5 and how much of the v5 affects the HTP.
In principle it shouldn't affect the HTP, depending on your Motuk and the scrutineer. In France, where, as you may be know, sometimes, not everything goes the way you expect they inspect thoroughly the VIN plate and cold stamped numbers. The purpose is only to have a VIN related to the HTP, its not a police action. And if your next question is "so, can I have two VIN's and two HTP's for one car" you can guess my answer. Even under torture I won't admit I said so!!
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:47 (Ref:3872489)   #28
Eyebrows
Rookie

Quote:
Might be this one
Yes, within that list I can find a "Volvo 66 1300 GL" (FIA n.o. 38650), it's the same one as I could find the homologation form for (in group 1). Do the group numbers affect the HTP?

There is also one DAF there, it's a "DAF 66 - 1300 Coupe" (number 36462).

Don't worry you're English has been fine! Interestingly, this car is coming from France, I think the last race it did was the Serre Chevalier Coupe de Glace!
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3872492)   #29
Eyebrows
Rookie

So within that valid HTP list, I found a "Volvo 66-1300 GL" (FIA n.o. 38650). It's the same car as the one in the homologation form.

There was only one DAF there, a "DAF 66-1300 coupe" (number 36462). Interestingly there's not one for a 1300 marathon which was the one that came up in all the homologation forms, I wonder how much this would matter.

Don't worry, you're English has been fine! Interestingly this car is coming from France, in fact I think the last race it did was the Serre Chevalier Coupe de Glace!

Interesting about the VINs, I'm not sure how it would work in the UK but I'll leave it for now as it's not so important!
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3872494)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Serre Che'? There's a dedicated series for Daf's. Right?