Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Sep 2020, 15:09 (Ref:4006834)   #51
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post

Verstappen is of similar presence to Hamilton, and a time will come for him to fill his boots.
You can prosephise all you want but there is no way anyone can predict the future so attempts to do so must be disregarded. All that can be said is that it is wishful thinking at best but then you must have a time machine to be so positive. The chances are he will be a WDC but no one including your good self can be positive on that. Perhaps you read the tea leaves from his cup.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 09:41 (Ref:4007114)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If you're meaning Verstappen as a young pretender, then I think that's incorrect. RB are fully aligned with Verstappen, and Hamilton joining that team would be worse than Alonso joining Mclaren in 07.
I disagree. Hamilton would only go there if he had a cast-iron guarantee either that he was #1, or that under no circumstances would Max be given any advantage. Otherwise, why would he even consider it. It makes the suggestion of Hamilton joining RB look even more absurd the more you think about it.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 16:14 (Ref:4007219)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And why go there? He has a great car, is in a team he is comfortable with, and has been with Merc for ages one way and another and is, I would imagine, emotionally attached to the people and the team.
Old 28 Sep 2020, 17:14 (Ref:4007230)   #54
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And why go there? He has a great car, is in a team he is comfortable with, and has been with Merc for ages one way and another and is, I would imagine, emotionally attached to the people and the team.
right...has basically been with Merc his whole F1 career.

new rumour, Merc to sell out and give RB its supply of engines and Ham making EJ super right!
Old 28 Sep 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4007231)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
right...has basically been with Merc his whole F1 career.

new rumour, Merc to sell out and give RB its supply of engines and Ham making EJ super right!
Blimey, two pigs in the sky in one day! Unbelievable.....
Old 29 Sep 2020, 01:17 (Ref:4007284)   #56
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I disagree. Hamilton would only go there if he had a cast-iron guarantee either that he was #1, or that under no circumstances would Max be given any advantage. Otherwise, why would he even consider it. It makes the suggestion of Hamilton joining RB look even more absurd the more you think about it.
Absolutely. I don't even hear even the most tenuous speculation about it. It seems the tight relationship MB has with Hamilton is only matched in F1 by RB's with Verstappen.

Hamilton would have a lot of clout in any race team he joins. But that clout would be blunted if he were to join RB while Verstappen is there.

On the other hand, Verstappen joining MB while Hamilton is there would be similar except Verstappen would be seen as bit of an underdog even though he isn't. It's be a free swing, so it's a no lose situation.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 01:20 (Ref:4007285)   #57
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You can prosephise all you want but there is no way anyone can predict the future so attempts to do so must be disregarded. All that can be said is that it is wishful thinking at best but then you must have a time machine to be so positive. The chances are he will be a WDC but no one including your good self can be positive on that. Perhaps you read the tea leaves from his cup.
I can't prophesise. I'm just noting my own observations of patterns in how the F1 industry rolls since I've been observing it. The door always opens up eventually for types of characters like Verstappen.
Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:42 (Ref:4007352)   #58
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Blimey, two pigs in the sky in one day! Unbelievable.....
Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:45 (Ref:4007353)   #59
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Not to mention that because of his history with Mercedes he has a long post racing career ahead of him in an Ambassadorial role.... on a nice fat wage with all the associated perks .
Old 29 Sep 2020, 11:22 (Ref:4007360)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not to mention that because of his history with Mercedes he has a long post racing career ahead of him in an Ambassadorial role.... on a nice fat wage with all the associated perks .
Yep, who wouldn't? See out his career at Merc, beat all the records and say 'Beat that Max.....'
Old 29 Sep 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4007364)   #61
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yep, who wouldn't? See out his career at Merc, beat all the records and say 'Beat that Max.....'
Yup i see no problem with this scenario. not jelous one bit
Old 29 Sep 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4007455)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Is it a dead cert that Hamilton will be red carpeted by Kalenius when he retires?
Old 29 Sep 2020, 22:04 (Ref:4007471)   #63
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am not sure he would want that. He’ll probably go off and do his own thing and turn up to the circuits occasionally. He probably will race if he could too
Old 30 Sep 2020, 07:44 (Ref:4007523)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Who knows. He'll probably start another career designing a modest everyday clothes range for Marks and Spencer.....
Old 30 Sep 2020, 08:51 (Ref:4007538)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's probably one of the more likely options
Old 30 Sep 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4007557)   #66
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
LOL, if Red Bull thought they could get Hamilton they certainly would.
Alonso was available for 2021 and previously for 2020, but Red Bull weren't interested...
Old 30 Sep 2020, 14:45 (Ref:4007575)   #67
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Alonso was available for 2021 and previously for 2020, but Red Bull weren't interested...
Because they have built the team around Max!

Any other driver in there is treated as no.2 even if it may not be specifically in the contract.

Current RB driver mantra is little different to how Benetton was in Schu era, Ferrari in Schu era and Alonso Enstone era (both!)
Old 30 Sep 2020, 14:46 (Ref:4007578)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I can imagine Honda are gagging to work with the great Spaniard again.
Old 30 Sep 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4007583)   #69
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
they wouldnt even let him in an indycar team with a honda engine so....
Old 30 Sep 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4007592)   #70
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Haha tis true..
Old 1 Oct 2020, 09:56 (Ref:4007759)   #71
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Alonso too, can one day be a Honda "company man" again just like Mr. Button, Sato-san, Mr. Zanardi, Mr. Senna etc... no grudges.

Old 1 Oct 2020, 10:33 (Ref:4007765)   #72
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The title of this thread could just be 'Eddie Jordan said something'.
Old 1 Oct 2020, 10:38 (Ref:4007766)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
"We don't want him because when our engines blow up he's very mean about them. Fernando is a mean man"
Old 2 Oct 2020, 13:59 (Ref:4008012)   #74
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can't prophesise. I'm just noting my own observations of patterns in how the F1 industry rolls since I've been observing it. The door always opens up eventually for types of characters like Verstappen.
It seems to have closed at least temporarily for some years with Honda's announcement and who knows what is in the future or what isn't. Unless major changes occur he will be in his late twenties before he gets a sniff or a chance now and will most likely have to move teams. He can't leave RB now simply because there are no seats and in the unlikely chance that RB leave he would be beached totally but that would be a real tin foil hat scenario.
Old 2 Oct 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4008021)   #75
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i would have to think that if Merc and LH win this year then Merc will own the record books...im not sure i see them having the same singular focus on LH next year.

rather, if they win this year then they can really start looking towards the future and that would be getting Max (or Lando cause i think he is the next big star) into their program along side LH.

i could even see a buy out of Max if its attached to an engine deal.

but in a weird way that will only encourage Eddie to talk even more, we might just see Ham and Max as team mates in the near future.