Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score are you giving it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 3.33%
7 9 15.00%
6 13 21.67%
5 12 20.00%
4 9 15.00%
3 5 8.33%
2 4 6.67%
1 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3332981)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Now becoming so bored with this gave it a 1
Old 18 Nov 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3333008)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
4. Some good overtakes, but too few and far between. Never did a race need DRS zones so much. Other than that, not much to say.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3333019)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5 for the beauty of the circuit.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3333035)   #29
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of decent moves (Button, Rosberg) out of/for minor points, but otherwise little to hold the interest. A lot of tyre conservation and not much racing.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3333047)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very disappointing and mainly processional. Do we have yet another new track with insufficient overtaking opportunities?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3333048)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched it but I found my concentration slipping, so I missed bits. I think I'm Grand Prixed out. It's a long season and the WDCs been decided and though I like the Austin track and Interlagos, it's like both races are after thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I've followed many a season where the WDCs been decided before the last race of the season but back then the season wasn't so long. 5, because I missed bits.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3333059)   #32
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 6. Granted I can see why it perhaps has got such negative reviews on this thread. Last year's race was very exciting with the Vettel/Hamilton ding dong for the lead. This year's one didn't have a battle for the lead - still, there were some interesting battles further down the field - Rosberg and Bottas, etc.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3333107)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's a long season....
must admit i am suffering from F1 fatigue as well. 19 never mind 20 is too many for me.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3333108)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
must admit i am suffering from F1 fatigue as well. 19 never mind 20 is too many for me.
I thought 17 was a good number. Isn't Bernie trying to push it to 25 races?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3333113)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wouldnt surprise me. 16-17 would be my sweet spot and i could do with some non championship rounds as well for something different.

just thinking out of the box a few non championship rounds could be an elegant solution to the lack of testing and time for young drivers.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3333123)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
wouldnt surprise me. 16-17 would be my sweet spot and i could do with some non championship rounds as well for something different.

just thinking out of the box a few non championship rounds could be an elegant solution to the lack of testing and time for young drivers.
That's not a bad idea.

I remember going to the Race of Champions at Brands and the Daily Express Trophy at Silverstone. It was never a full F1 grid as teams brought one car and they raced against F5000 cars but it was cheaper than a GP and you got to see the new cars.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3333128)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting that so many found this the nadir. I was there weeks ago and in a masochistic way, quite enjoyed a few of the moves. Perhaps it was because I watched the highlights (which as highlights were too long) at a completely different time to when I'm normally snoring while F1 is on. I suppose I always had Grosjean to cheer on - maybe that's what made the difference. Anyhow, just thought I post a post-script to my rating, because you all deserve it and I have to say it, 'I just love you guys..........'
Old 18 Nov 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3333199)   #38
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 7. It seemed better than some of the more recent bore-fests, as I was entertained with all of the midfield battling. The barrage of overtaking through turns 1 and 2 was fun to watch.

I love this track.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3333223)   #39
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fairly disappointing. Even the highlights felt rather long. Watching the onboards was exciting, and there were some good moves, but as a race it failed to grab my attention.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3333361)   #40
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I give it a 7, there was some good racing from 2nd on back.

I'm no fan of Vettel and I think his recent act of humblness is just an act. But I have to admire his ability. The kid is one of the world's best, if not the current #1 in the world right now of active drivers. I know he has one of the best cars, but he doesn't really make any errors in qualifying or the races, consistently fast, lap after lap, like a machine. Mark Webber, another great driver, is nowhere near 2nd in the Championship. Even without his DNF's he's not quite got 2nd covered in the races.

Having said that I look fwd to seeing Vettel get beat... eventually.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)
Old 19 Nov 2013, 03:35 (Ref:3333433)   #41
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave it a score of 6 no fault of the race track..
Old 20 Nov 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3334016)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
I give it a 7, there was some good racing from 2nd on back.

I'm no fan of Vettel and I think his recent act of humblness is just an act. But I have to admire his ability. The kid is one of the world's best, if not the current #1 in the world right now of active drivers. I know he has one of the best cars, but he doesn't really make any errors in qualifying or the races, consistently fast, lap after lap, like a machine. Mark Webber, another great driver, is nowhere near 2nd in the Championship. Even without his DNF's he's not quite got 2nd covered in the races.

Having said that I look fwd to seeing Vettel get beat... eventually.
Why are you *really* not a fan of Vettel ? you can tell and no one will think badly towards you..