Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Oct 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3771829)   #351
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The thing is, the tweets will only have contained certain information, and won't have mentioned everything else that was part of the 'deal'.

From Lines' comments, it seems that he wanted to keep the TBL and look to carry it forward into 2018. It would suggest that the Gilham offer would have put that in jeopardy in some way?

The TBLs are pretty valuable nowadays with the consistent full grids, so Lines' public statement may be referring to being high and dry without one after this season if he didn't run the car himself?
Old 7 Oct 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3772418)   #352
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ash Sutton on Twitter

Quote:
Carl Faux Technical Director at BMR leaves for his deserved career in Supercars!

He has played a huge role to my BTCC success! �� #ThankYou
That is a huge blow for BMR
Old 7 Oct 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3772420)   #353
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...ning-designer/

Yup. Good opportunity for Carl though. When Andretti and Zak Brown come knocking you don't say no.

Despite a meh season, JP is still the talk of silly season, does this impact him?
Old 7 Oct 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3772421)   #354
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Ash Sutton on Twitter

That is a huge blow for BMR
Article now on TCT, big loss to BTCC. What will JP do now without him? Though I believe that relationship went south just like Faux is!

Question is can Warren Scott get enough sponsors on board without JP bringing his to the table? Losing the top engineer won’t help, but at least the cars in good shape pace wise, well the one with #116 on the door!
Old 7 Oct 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3772429)   #355
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Article now on TCT, big loss to BTCC. What will JP do now without him? Though I believe that relationship went south just like Faux is!
It looks like JP was too busy to make his leaving bash at BMR?
I think it ways something when a couple of years ago, Plato was regularly putting across the story that it was his and Faux's combined plan to get Subaru on the grid, and that they were a team / partnership in the whole programme.
Yet when the ultimate success of the programme has been realised, JP does not seem to be around to wish his partner farewell?

Old 7 Oct 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3772437)   #356
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair JP isn't the only person missing from that photo. Just because he's not in a publicity shot doesn't mean there is bad feeling. People read too much into impromptu things. They wouldn't have the tow panels missing off the front if it was something staged well in advance for instance.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3772444)   #357
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting times for BMR
Old 7 Oct 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3772446)   #358
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
They wouldn't have the tow panels missing off the front if it was something staged well in advance for instance.
And they wouldn't have the logo of a rival manufacturer in the background
Old 7 Oct 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3772448)   #359
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I wish Faux well in Supercars, when you see what he's done for the BMR Scoobys, hopefully he can translate that to the Supercars
Old 7 Oct 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3772459)   #360
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
To be fair JP isn't the only person missing from that photo. Just because he's not in a publicity shot doesn't mean there is bad feeling. People read too much into impromptu things. They wouldn't have the tow panels missing off the front if it was something staged well in advance for instance.
I understand it was probably in impromptu photo - and the staging may not have been planned.

At least there should have been some foot-holes on the roof to stand in!

I just think it is more that specifically with Plato, he was keen to tell the world about the 'special relationship' he had with Faux and how they were a partnership in the Subaru project. That is why (not just the photo) the lack of any comment or message from Plato so far is to me, the telling point in their relationship.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3772460)   #361
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
And they wouldn't have the logo of a rival manufacturer in the background
You mean the manufacturer being run out of the same stable, and that Faux has also been involved with?
Old 7 Oct 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3772579)   #362
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed we don't even know if that photo was to mark Faux's departure, or to celebrate the title victory for the car he designed.

It looks more like a Sutton-related photo, given that his engineers and mechanics are the most prominent.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3772987)   #363
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Photo was NOT to mark Carls departure. It was a celebratory snap to mark Ash and the teams achievement back at base of everyone around at the time.

That's one of the MG trailers visible through the window, the car is as it was loaded up and brought back from Brands: tow covers off, sticky tape on body, panel misalignment from minor contacts etc.

I still believe JP to be departing, and I also suspect a part of his loss of form was Carl directing this year rather than main focus at the track of engineering JP as in previous years.

Best wishes to Carl on his new venture and also to those continuing at BMR; there is every reason to believe Ash can mount a strong defense of his title next year.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3773806)   #364
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton again in the Astra?
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...ack-btcc-2018/
Old 12 Oct 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3773835)   #365
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully. Both for the team and Chilton the continuity is necessary and for Tom IMHO is better to choose BTCC instead of WTCC as the latter has sort of complicated future and nowadays World Title in touring cars is nothing special with 15-car grids and two manufacturers.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3773837)   #366
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Vauxhall looked good the last two meetings of the season, so hopefully they can be up there more often in 2018. I think they should keep Sonic as continuity will be important in their second season
Old 12 Oct 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3773850)   #367
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
If there are any Subarus in 2018.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Now, I heard that too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That Mr Bleach is a rumour I heard at the weekend but thought it way wide of the mark... even if BMR fold I would think one of the other teams would come in for the cars at the right price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Purely to fan the flames of rumour here, you could maybe read something into this from Jason on BTCC Crazy.
From the Adrian Flux blog:

'And the good news is that Sutton will back in a Subaru next year to defend his crown. Roll on 2018.'

Sounds like Adrian Flux might be putting their support fully behind Sutton - does that mean Plato will no longer be their voice and spokesperson in the BTCC?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3773874)   #368
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Good news about Sutton returning.

I would like to see both Chilton and Proctor back in the Astra's as well.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3773889)   #369
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Great news having Sutton/Subaru confirmed.

I too hope Sonic and Proctor return; the formers experience and the latters raw tallent complemented each other nicely. Car was particularly good at Brands.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 06:48 (Ref:3773943)   #370
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to know about Sutton that early. I'm really curious where Plato will end up.
When it comes to Vauxhall I think they should keep both Chilton and Proctor. Young Proctor was impressive this year
Old 13 Oct 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3773946)   #371
S griffin
Veteran

Glad Ash is staying, it was a no brainer
Old 13 Oct 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3773957)   #372
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The Vauxhall looked good the last two meetings of the season
The Rob Huff effect, Chilton isn't good enough to lead a team through development.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3773962)   #373
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
The Rob Huff effect, Chilton isn't good enough to lead a team through development.
Agreed, that’s one of the reasons Arena got TO-C back in the Focus, Chilton couldn’t push the car development. Proctor has really impressed me, I honestly thought he’d struggle, but he’s shown real potential. Tom’s a solid peddler but not a true lead driver.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3773971)   #374
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
From the Adrian Flux blog:

'And the good news is that Sutton will back in a Subaru next year to defend his crown. Roll on 2018.'

Sounds like Adrian Flux might be putting their support fully behind Sutton - does that mean Plato will no longer be their voice and spokesperson in the BTCC?
Interesting to read that Sutton will be back in a Subauru, but it doesn't say that BMR are running the car.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3773996)   #375
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post

So you think Huff helped the Vauxhalls get up there at Brands because his presence at Silverstone helped development? Just curious