Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Jul 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3837410)   #1
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memorable BTCC Moments

There's got to be some, it's the series' 60th Anniversary this year after all.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3837443)   #2
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one is memorable for the wrong reasons. Anyone remember that woman who did the grid walk and was still trying to get interviews well after the 3 minute board? She mustn't have been allowed on the grid for the rest of the day and I don't think we ever saw her again. That's the first and only time i've seen something like that, I just cant remember when it was, may have been when BTCC was on MotorsTV and Sultana or Santa or what ever that channel was called.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3837444)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So many since the beginning
The 2 car shootout for the title in 1958
That big battle at Crystal Palace in the early 70s
Rouse vs Soper in 88
The Man's an Animal!
That famous race by Mansell in the rain
Neal winning the big cheque
And that fabalous 3 way fight for the title in the final round in 09
Old 19 Jul 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3837450)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
There's got to be some, it's the series' 60th Anniversary this year after all.
Quite a few - most of which can be found here.

Do you have any to offer for this thread?
Old 19 Jul 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3837459)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I can't remember the date, but the time that Nettan Lindgren won her class at Thruxton. Everyone in the pit lane stood and applauded her as she drove in at th end of the race.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3837466)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not as memorable as the time she berated Jonathan Palmer after their collision at Snetterton. ‘Hell hath no fury like a woman rammed’ as Murray said
Old 19 Jul 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3837485)   #7
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
'The car upside-down is a Toyota ... with Will Hoy crawling out of it!'
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3837530)   #8
Andy Clegg
Racer

Andy Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rouse and Soper at Brands and Donington 1988.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3837581)   #9
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Watched the Touring Car Legends documentaries from early 2014, Rouse and Gordon Spice had a memorable stint as team-mates in 1981.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3837583)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tell us more, why was it memorable?
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:31 (Ref:3837594)   #11
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Tell us more, why was it memorable?
It was actually 1980 and you can tell they were a formidable pair determined to give each other a run for their money if the clips from that particular season in Touring Car Legends Part 1 is anything to go by, Spice and Rouse even go as far as describe their time as team-mates in that particular episode.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3837597)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
It was actually 1980 and you can tell they were a formidable pair determined to give each other a run for their money if the clips from that particular season in Touring Car Legends Part 1 is anything to go by, Spice and Rouse even go as far as describe their time as team-mates in that particular episode.
That's not the case i'm afraid. Andy was basically no.2 to Spice. After winning the first round at Mallory and then hassling Gordy at Oulton, Andy 'agreed' that he wouldn't keep doing it and took a more relaxed approach.
This is partly why he set up his own tean for '81. But despite a great start it didn't work out for whatever reason and Rpuse was back in the other Spice car for '82.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3837601)   #13
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That's not the case i'm afraid. Andy was basically no.2 to Spice. After winning the first round at Mallory and then hassling Gordy at Oulton, Andy 'agreed' that he wouldn't keep doing it and took a more relaxed approach.
This is partly why he set up his own tean for '81. But despite a great start it didn't work out for whatever reason and Rpuse was back in the other Spice car for '82.
The footage of them battling each other as team-mates still impressed me.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3837638)   #14
Andy Clegg
Racer

Andy Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5EgZYIB2qk
Frank Gardner at Oulton Park.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3837646)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

What about the Capris vs Rovers?
Old 22 Jul 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3838151)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What about the Capris vs Rovers?
Go on?
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3838234)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

I wasn't around, but people always seem to remember they had great battles, particularly at Silverstone
Old 25 Jul 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3838748)   #18
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Ford vs Rover, the story of the early 80s
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3838768)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I witnessed a lot of spectacular things on (and off) the tracks when I was on the touring car circus however for me it was the huge crashes that must have cost a serious amount of money to repair, I was actually watching from Paddock bend when this happened !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUq13tfqfYg
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jul 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3838783)   #20
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Dron , his Dolomite giving away a litre to the Capris , catching and passing Gordon Spice in his Capri on the run to the chequered flag after Spice had been baulked by a backmarker at the final corner , to win the September Thruxton round outright .
Old 25 Jul 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3838795)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Tony Dron , his Dolomite giving away a litre to the Capris , catching and passing Gordon Spice in his Capri on the run to the chequered flag after Spice had been baulked by a backmarker at the final corner , to win the September Thruxton round outright .
Shame there is so little footage of the late 70's and early 80's.

BHP or Hay Fisher must have it in their archives.

About time we saw season reviews or even the odd race.

Last edited by chunterer; 26 Jul 2018 at 21:47.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3838796)   #22
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Matt Neal's 1st win in 99 of course.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3838911)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watching the off season touring car race at Donington from just beyond Starkeys, looking back and seeing Odor's Primera ABOVE the bridge in mid air, not through it or under it!!

Then thinking FECK, I hope there was no-one standing there! As I had just ambled past there a few laps ago.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3838957)   #24
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Watching the off season touring car race at Donington from just beyond Starkeys, looking back and seeing Odor's Primera ABOVE the bridge in mid air, not through it or under it!!

Then thinking FECK, I hope there was no-one standing there! As I had just ambled past there a few laps ago.
NA-STY!
Old 26 Jul 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3838961)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

I was up at Redgate and had no idea it had happened!!!

Tags
btcc, touring car