Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2826454)   #1
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica had a big shunt in Ronde di Andora Rally

According to the press in Poland fabia driven by Kubica hit the barriers its driver side from a high speed.

Pilot of RK is OK. But RK was cut out from the wreck and taken to hospital by heli. He was concious all the time, but no info about his any serious injuries.

Update

Local Savona News informed about some bone fractures.

More update

Kubica have several legs fractures

Last edited by koper; 6 Feb 2011 at 10:08. Reason: more update
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2826465)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Various reports: broken leg, broken wrist, broken hand. Very unclear to say the least.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2826471)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Playing devil's advocate here... Bruno's move was pretty shrewd in the end, perhaps..?

Best wishes to Mr Kubica!

Selby
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2826476)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Why do teams allow their drivers to do these things?!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2826479)   #5
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Why do teams allow their drivers to do these things?!
Because, thankfully, they have mostly real people still driving and enjoying their sport. Not all clones and media tarts yet.

Regards

Jim
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2826482)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Because, thankfully, they have mostly real people still driving and enjoying their sport. Not all clones and media tarts yet.

Regards

Jim
Well I guess so, but that's a hell of a risk to take just before the beginning of the season.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2826485)   #7
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I guess so, but that's a hell of a risk to take just before the beginning of the season.
Yeah, especially for Renault. Without Kubica they don't really have very much. The car is quick now in Robert's hands, but they need him to lead development before the season begins. Even if he makes Bahrain, he'll probably miss all the rest of pre-season testing.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2826486)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
theres just as much risk breaking a bone training on a mountain bike!....twice
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2826490)   #9
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9388940.stm
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2826492)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Based on Canada 2007, I guess he shouldn't be doing dangerous F1 either. Cross stitching is a safer hobby.

Hopefully the reports we're hearing are not accurate and Robert will be okay!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2826493)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
theres just as much risk breaking a bone training on a mountain bike!....twice
Indeed there is, and it possibly cost Webber a championship!

Rally cars also go a good bit faster IIRC.

But the main thing here is to hope that Kubica is OK.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2826495)   #12
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.thenews.pl/sport/artykul1...-accident.html
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2826497)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Based on Canada 2007, I guess he shouldn't be doing dangerous F1 either. Cross stitching is a safer hobby.
It's not so much the danger as it is the timing of it.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2826500)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I hope he's okay.

Worrying reports.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2826503)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Get well soon Kubica. Lets hope he is OK.

I'm going to get in to the should he shouldn't he stuff.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2826504)   #16
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whenever you hear the word "amputation" mentioned, it's never going to be good. All well and good saying "good on him for having a laugh in a rally car" but if the guy loses a leg then that's little comfort...

Hope he recovers quick. F1 needs him
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2826508)   #17
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Whenever you hear the word "amputation" mentioned, it's never going to be good. All well and good saying "good on him for having a laugh in a rally car" but if the guy loses a leg then that's little comfort...
Was there reports saying that he would need an amputation? I haven't seen anything like that yet
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2826510)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Best to wait for official reports.

You get a lot of tittle-tattle and exaggeration on the web at times like this.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2826511)   #19
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Was there reports saying that he would need an amputation? I haven't seen anything like that yet
German press is talking about possibility of amputation.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2826512)   #20
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think his next contract will ban him from competing in rallying. Nothing to do with being a "media tart" but making your driver focus on what you are paying him for. He's not paid however much by Renault to be lying in a hospital bed.

Hope he recovers soon, Renault will be nowhere without him.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2826513)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BBC Sport ticker reports "fractures of left arm and leg, BBC Sport understands".
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2826515)   #22
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A full report regarding Kubica injuries is set to be released at 14.00 CET.
In worst condition is his right arm/hand

I don't know why right arm as Fabia hit the wall of church it's right side.

We'd better wait for an official press release.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2826516)   #23
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
I think his next contract will ban him from competing in rallying.
He might not sign it then. Teams prefer their drivers to avoid dangerous pursuits away from the F1 track, so if there is no such clause in Kubica's contract, you can be sure it's because he insists on it.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2826519)   #24
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrible news to hear. Everyone, supporters, drivers, mechanics, all know the risks that are present in motorsport, but nevertheless, it is always deeply shocking to hear of such events.

My thoughts are with Kubica and his family and friends right now. Everything crossed he doesn't have too serious injuries. Apparently he was concious after the crash, so I guess that it good news.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2826522)   #25
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
He might not sign it then. Teams prefer their drivers to avoid dangerous pursuits away from the F1 track, so if there is no such clause in Kubica's contract, you can be sure it's because he insists on it.
He might think again if he misses a decent chunk of this season. F1 should be his absolute priority.
Closed Thread