Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Nov 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3326184)   #1
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is going to Austin?

Will any of you be at Austin F1? Should we organize a 10-10th meet-up?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3326438)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Are you buying…..
Old 3 Nov 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3326439)   #3
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Are you buying…..
...still got an unused guest pass, why? you want it?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3326440)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes please...
Old 4 Nov 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3326809)   #5
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
I normally offer them to CouchSurfing.org hosts in exchange for a couch to crash on... haven't heard back yet from my current requests, so I'm sending out some more
Old 4 Nov 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3326810)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Perhaps I'll have a go and catch up with my old friend Jeremy.

Should be fun, but I haven't gotten my tickets in yet. Have you all been experiencing similar "problems", if you could call them that?
Old 4 Nov 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3326844)   #7
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanted to drive from San Antonio. However, I now feel discouraged because I heard that it may not be socially acceptable to drive to COTA events in a Prius. Is it true that you need at least a VW GTI or a Ford Focus ST to enter the parking lots?
Old 4 Nov 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3326870)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
I wanted to drive from San Antonio. However, I now feel discouraged because I heard that it may not be socially acceptable to drive to COTA events in a Prius. Is it true that you need at least a VW GTI or a Ford Focus ST to enter the parking lots?
Unless the Top Gear mob are there, you should be safe in a Prius. If in doubt though, find a celebrity, preferably female, and all shall be forgiven

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Nov 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3327231)   #9
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
I'm flying into San Antonio and renting a car... if I could get a Prius I'd be soooo happy!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3327235)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nah, just an old Austin..... Preferably a Maxi.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3327553)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
However, I now feel discouraged because I heard that it may not be socially acceptable to drive to COTA events in a Prius.
it's only unacceptable if you're wearing hemp, and you've brought your own home made houmous.

Old 5 Nov 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3327647)   #12
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Now he's been paid I hear Kimi is going...!
Old 5 Nov 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3327649)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And he says he's going to complete the first lap this time..........
Old 5 Nov 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3327655)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
No one will turn up because the race is going to be duller than dishwater.

Last seasons US GP was a 'two horse' affair which was well won by Lewis Hamilton. I feel that only another victory for Hamilton will recover any credibility that F1 still has.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3327733)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Barring the miracle of divine mechanical intervention or the highly unlikely occurrence of (obeyed) team orders, we all know what the outcome is going to be. Will the fans turn out to see yet more of the same? I suspect they will because although all rational thought leads to one conclusion, there is still hope. There must still be hope.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3327766)   #16
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The support races kind of suck. I wish GP3 and GP2 races were there to watch things other than qualifying on Saturday. With better races, going there on Saturday could be more fun.

Last edited by JacobP; 6 Nov 2013 at 00:52.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3327791)   #17
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Oh come on guys, you all sound so down... this is Formula 1, in 'murica!

Stop by turn 12 if you get a chance and watch me blue flag slow pokes with the light panel wearing the biggest grin on my face btw... we'll probably rotate, so if you see any mistakes made on the light system, it wasn't me of course lol
Old 6 Nov 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3327879)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently Sabrina who regularly chats with us during F1 races is going.

Have fun Steph
Old 7 Nov 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3328688)   #19
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Perhaps I'll have a go and catch up with my old friend Jeremy.

Should be fun, but I haven't gotten my tickets in yet. Have you all been experiencing similar "problems", if you could call them that?
Did you get your tickets yet? I ordered the day they went on sale, March 21st. and still no tickets.
It was announced by COTA that all tickets would be sent 2 day FedEx with the last of them being sent out last Friday, Nov. 1st.

2 days ago I got an email from ticketmaster saying the tickets have finally been printed, and they would be sent via USPS but gave no timeline as to when.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3329114)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No one will turn up because the race is going to be duller than dishwater.

Last seasons US GP was a 'two horse' affair which was well won by Lewis Hamilton. I feel that only another victory for Hamilton will recover any credibility that F1 still has.
Last year's race was incredible. It was probably the best of the season. Having two equal cars and top drivers battling for the lead on pretty much lap after lap was what made it so entertaining. I am hoping for a repeat of last year's race.

I only have a "feeling" that the Red Bull won't have that much of advantage at both Austin and Brasil. It's only a feeling though.

I do actually like the Austin track - and hey, I'm no fan of Tilke! The uphill start and that tight first corner stand out, as does the sort of quasi-Becketts complex and it's good it has elevation change.

Yeah, like rich07 mentioned, Sabrina has said that she is attending Austin.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3329805)   #21
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as a Scrutineer in the pit lane. Can't wait!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3330676)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I will be at the FOTA evening...

I will also be going to the race and will watch from turn 4....
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3331267)   #23
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's certainly been a lot of work done around the track since last year, especially with respect to parking. I hope if it rains Sat as forecast that the lots don't turn into a quagmire!
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3331273)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
We wont get much rain, if any don't be concerned...
Old 15 Nov 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3331570)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	235319.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	41593I love our tower..

Picture courtesy of GPUpdate...