Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3335432)   #76
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's not how it reads to me.......
Nor me!

More like, if you are good enough, go and earn it there are no team orders!
Old 23 Nov 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3335434)   #77
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Hi V, I may be missing something, but Webber went toe to toe with Vettel to get pole in Austin, stopped one lap later for tyres and whined that the gearing would not let him get the job done on RoGro.

I think he was on the same strategy as Seb in Austin, or not?
In terms of stratergy, I meant his gearing etc. I was under the impression (from the Sky boys) that he geared long so he was faster on the straights, where as Vettel set up for speed everywhere else.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3335471)   #78
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
In terms of stratergy, I meant his gearing etc. I was under the impression (from the Sky boys) that he geared long so he was faster on the straights, where as Vettel set up for speed everywhere else.
I think they were wrong, because his qualifying times were pretty well exactly what Vettel's were, and he was whinging about not being able to overtake in the DRS zone because he was running out of revs.

May explain why Vettel recovered so much time in the third sector of qualifying against Webber though!

More questions than answers!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3336210)   #79
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Well, it didn't happen, and maybe that's for the best.

From where the Red Bulls started, it would always be difficult for Mark to pass Rosberg, Alonso and Vettel. It was always more likely that he even lost a place to the 5th on the grid.
From there on it would be a very tall order to own the win.

Therefore, it would either be:
* Vettel robbed one from Webber (Malaysia)
* Vettel gifted one to his teammate (Brazil)

I prefer the first option.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3336226)   #80
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's all over now.