Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3337126)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would not be surprised if a penalty statement was issued to the teams to dissuade others from repeating that action, probably something to the effect of the penalty for such action will be ______. Personally would not be surprised to see the FIA suspend the next driver that does that for the next race, including any future retiring drivers.

Could any FIA penalties carry over to the WEC events for next season? Would be painful for a teammate if it did. Although moving a new prototype to the back of the grid for its first race wouldn't really bad that rough since the chance of making it to the end would be slim.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3337128)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
(F)un. (I)snt. (A)llowed!

surely the larger infraction was Webbo giving his helmet to his engineer and then taking it back while in parc ferme and prior to the weigh in.

blind adherence to the rules would have resulted in exclusion but fortunately they made the decision to let everyone enjoy themselves.

the right choice for the last race of an uneventful year and for a well respected driver about to finish his career with a podium.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3337260)   #28
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
A black flag for disrespecting the boundaries of the track?
No. As I said, on safety grounds. Which was one of the reasons for the rule. To stop confusion and prevent a possible collision in close proximity racing if one driver thought the leading driver was heading into the pits. It has happened at Interlagos before.

Quote:
how do you know he thought it was a silly rule blah blah..
Because Massa said so to Smedley on the radio after he was told he had a drive through. "Stupid" to be exact.

Quote:
Do any of us even know where the stewards were from?
I do. Two of the four stewards at the Brazillian GP were from Brasil.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 07:49 (Ref:3337262)   #29
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
In itself, that would be pointless. Webber is no longer an F1 driver.

As dangerous as it could have been, I think common sense has (for once!) been applied. It was his last race in F1 - any young hotshot doing it in the middle of a season knows what to expect, and should be sensible enough to understand that their circumstances would be rather different to someone at the tail of their single-seater career.

Agree 100%.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3337285)   #30
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody hell I know Australia has degeneraated into a nanny state but if the rest of the world thinks that is worth a penalty then I am glad I live here.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3337313)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, it should be a penalty according to the rules that they were so keen to apply against vettel when he did donuts the first few times. and according to the rules ALL drivers work by, it was indeed a penalty.

it's nothing to do with nanny states. it's the rules. but they applied common sense and didn't give him a penalty because it's his last race and all that. so... there's no problem is there. until someone else does it who isn't in their last race and uses the defence "but webber got away with it...".
Old 27 Nov 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3337319)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
well, it should be a penalty according to the rules that they were so keen to apply against vettel when he did donuts the first few times. and according to the rules ALL drivers work by, it was indeed a penalty.

it's nothing to do with nanny states. it's the rules. but they applied common sense and didn't give him a penalty because it's his last race and all that. so... there's no problem is there. until someone else does it who isn't in their last race and uses the defence "but webber got away with it...".
Hey Bella, I don't think Webber got away with it will wash, when has precedence ever counted for a damn thing in F1 stewarding decisions? Consistency is not exactly a watchword!

I have long been an advocate of written stewards decisions with their reasoning, random drive through penalties are a particular bane of the competition! Still that seems too difficult and too restrictive in the multi-billion dollar sport of F1.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3337342)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i agree that consistency isn't a concept the fia are normally aware of. but when it's something as blatently against the rules as that then it's putting the stewards in an awkward position in the future. i mean, where do you draw the line? if say, hamilton or button won the british gp and took their lid off on the way to parc ferme, is that grounds for exemption from the "don't be stupid, keep your helmet on" rule?

i think it's his choice, he's a grown up but they should have at least warned him or something, just to show that they are aware he broke the rules.

and i agree. there needs to be a lot more transparency and explanation behind decisions.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3337354)   #34
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
All Stewards Decisions are written, and along with FIA Communications, Technical Reports and Timekeeping results are available on the FIA website.
Also, the Stewards Biographies are available on the same part of the website a couple of days prior to the event.
The FIA appointed Stewards at Sao Paulo were Venuzuelan, Swiss and British (Blundell)
Old 27 Nov 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3337372)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I thought it was a great gesture for Mark to remove his skid-lid on the slowing down lap, and as others have said, was very remeniscent of a bygone age when drivers did this more often.
The only thing that worried me (as a clumsy bugger myself) is potentially what could happen to anyone running behind him if he'd dropped his helmet out of the car instead of into his lap!
Old 28 Nov 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3337659)   #36
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCRacing View Post
The FIA appointed Stewards at Sao Paulo were Venuzuelan, Swiss and British (Blundell)
Sorry, I have to correct you on this. The race stewards present at the 2013 Brazilian GP were - Vincenzo Spano (Italy), Paul Gutjahr (Swiss), Alexandre Ribeiro (Brazil) and Felipe Giaffone (Brazil).

Blundell couldn't make it. He was too busy watching tapes of the '92 season, thinking to himself.. what if ??
And Vincenzo Spano is Italian, not Venezuelan. Born in Italy, of Italian decent, grew up in Venezuela.

Is Nico Rosberg German, or Finnish?
He did race under the Finnish flag in his junior career though.