Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Dec 2017, 13:56 (Ref:3785834)   #701
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Doubt it: Auris is being replaced with a ground up new motor in 2019. Having said that the Handy Alfa caught me off guard...
From Wikipedia:

'The third generation of the Auris will be based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform and will be debut in 2018 for the 2019 model year.'

Toyota have already been testing the third generation so will have shells to provide, and may choose to link the 2018 debut with a BTCC promotional effort?

Old 8 Dec 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3785837)   #702
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Toyota have already been testing the third generation so will have shells to provide, and may choose to link the 2018 debut with a BTCC promotional effort?[/IMG]
Whilst that has happened previously, 2018 is a year too early. The shells would have to be prepared as we speak and the road car isn't finished.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3785862)   #703
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bushell at HARD - good to see him get another chance!

Glad I finally got one of my predictions right for once!
Old 8 Dec 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3785865)   #704
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, his 2015 season was a bit of a disappointment, but hopefully he can show what he can do with the VW
Old 8 Dec 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3785880)   #705
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent news on Mike Bushell. A proven winner in Clios, I think #HARD will be able to give him more support and a better motor. Good luck kiddo!

That Toyota won't be in British showrooms 'til Q2 2019. No way they will be supporting running a car that isn't for sale: worse than that, it would potentially put some people off buying an "old" model.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3785881)   #706
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent news on Mike Bushell. A proven winner in Clios, I think #HARD will be able to give him more support and a better motor. Good luck kiddo!

That Toyota won't be in British showrooms 'til Q2 2019. No way they will be supporting running a car that isn't for sale: worse than that, it would potentially put some people off buying an "old" model.
Don’t forget word was the R30 win was the last for Toyota for the foreseeable future, so expect a change a manufacturer from SW!
Old 9 Dec 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3785982)   #707
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Don’t forget word was the R30 win was the last for Toyota for the foreseeable future, so expect a change a manufacturer from SW!
Or it could mean no Speedworks next year
Old 9 Dec 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3785987)   #708
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would be a shame to lose Speedworks as they have come a long way. If anyone deserves to run a works Toyota team, it's them
Old 9 Dec 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3786022)   #709
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It would be a shame to lose Speedworks as they have come a long way. If anyone deserves to run a works Toyota team, it's them
Agreed, they said they’d be back & were assessing their choice of car! Maybe they’ve been offered a Levorg or Civic...............However a big surprise awaits, but from whom?
Old 9 Dec 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3786036)   #710
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Agreed, they said they’d be back & were assessing their choice of car! Maybe they’ve been offered a Levorg or Civic...............However a big surprise awaits, but from whom?
I’m expecting the surprise(s) to be around BMR/888, JP, Huff & Speedworks. You could add Tordoff & Chilton in the mix too 😉
Old 10 Dec 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3786149)   #711
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I’m expecting the surprise(s) to be around BMR/888, JP, Huff & Speedworks. You could add Tordoff & Chilton in the mix too 😉
I think Motorbase could have something to do with it - the Focus was a bit anonymous for most of last year, and now with backing from Shredded Wheat, they could be one of the candidates for chsnging car?
Old 10 Dec 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3786154)   #712
S griffin
Veteran

But what car is available for them?
Old 10 Dec 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3786155)   #713
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But what car is available for them?
I was thinking a new build - but this are just my thoughts (and hopes) and there is no evidence for this!
Old 10 Dec 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3786157)   #714
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More likely for Motorbase I expect would be just a major overhaul of the Focus, they have invested in TCR this Winter too.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3786182)   #715
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be great to see an increased backing from Ford for Motorbase. Like Team AON a few years ago.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3786185)   #716
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Two trains of speculation for the price of one post. One from a conversation with a man in a pub...

Hyundai has just launched it's first road car for it's performance N sub-brand: the i30. A Focus/Golf sized car and therefore ideal as an NGTC car. N is their equivalent of Fords RS or BMWs M. Maybe this could be the big surprise / new manufacturer? Hyundai thinks (hopes) Britain will be the big market for the car.

The man in a pubs contribution: new Focus is on sale this summer coming. He has driven it and their are prototypes running on UK soil. Maybe a couple are in Willies workshop...
Old 11 Dec 2017, 06:41 (Ref:3786227)   #717
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Two trains of speculation for the price of one post. One from a conversation with a man in a pub...

Hyundai has just launched it's first road car for it's performance N sub-brand: the i30. A Focus/Golf sized car and therefore ideal as an NGTC car. N is their equivalent of Fords RS or BMWs M. Maybe this could be the big surprise / new manufacturer? Hyundai thinks (hopes) Britain will be the big market for the car.

The man in a pubs contribution: new Focus is on sale this summer coming. He has driven it and their are prototypes running on UK soil. Maybe a couple are in Willies workshop...
If we are lucky enough to get another manufacturer I’d put Mr Popular #99 as being involved. Love him or hate him he’s certainly done his bit in ‘selling’ the BTCC to different car makers over the years. What better way to bounce back from his BMR deal that ‘had him over’!
Old 11 Dec 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3786230)   #718
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
If we are lucky enough to get another manufacturer I’d put Mr Popular #99 as being involved. Love him or hate him he’s certainly done his bit in ‘selling’ the BTCC to different car makers over the years. What better way to bounce back from his BMR deal that ‘had him over’!
Absolutely. He's the man when it comes to pulling together a new deal.

His last two rounds for Subaru were lacklustre beyond belief. Would Jason Plato want to sign off his BTCC career with that? No chance, he's got one more big move left in him.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3786231)   #719
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
I think Motorbase could have something to do with it - the Focus was a bit anonymous for most of last year, and now with backing from Shredded Wheat, they could be one of the candidates for chsnging car?
They've pulled a rabbit out of the hat before with a secret NGTC car, so not beyond the realms of possibility.

But, they built a brand new Focus for Butcher mid-season, so why would they scrap the Focus now?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3786247)   #720
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id be surprised to see Motorbase building new cars without any Ford or other Manufacturer input .Besides which Bartrum has just purchased 2 TCR cars for the price of one NGTC car , As TCR is gaining momentum worldwide its going to be tough to sell Btcc to new a manufacturer, not impossible , but I expect most teams apart from Honda and Handy (this is just a reshell of the Toyota Avensis they ran )to stay with what they have or purchase current cars that are avail from teams who have a surplus .I think Speedworks is one of the most interesting to wait for , if loosing the main engineer to Hard will effect them .
Old 11 Dec 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3786248)   #721
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Matt Simpson news this afternoon.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3786270)   #722
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Taking it one step further: Speedworks Hyundai with Tingram and JP. Or the same with Ford. I haven't been drinking honestly Officer 😁

Hyundai is trying to establish itself as a serious player with the i30N. Question I suppose is race car cost vs. advertising cost. If they had a car winning that would be priceless for the marketing people.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3786273)   #723
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Taking it one step further: Speedworks Hyundai with Tingram and JP. Or the same with Ford. I haven't been drinking honestly Officer 😁

Hyundai is trying to establish itself as a serious player with the i30N. Question I suppose is race car cost vs. advertising cost. If they had a car winning that would be priceless for the marketing people.
They already have committed a lot of money to their TCR programme, which is about as close to being a manufacturer effort as is allowed, so with TCR UK starting up I can't see a parallel BTCC effort taking place, although I hope I'm wrong.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3786276)   #724
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodeTheApex View Post
They already have committed a lot of money to their TCR programme, which is about as close to being a manufacturer effort as is allowed, so with TCR UK starting up I can't see a parallel BTCC effort taking place, although I hope I'm wrong.
TCR is factory marketing budget though, while a BTCC effort would normally come out of the local importers marketing budget.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3786284)   #725
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford getting new Focus' built prior to the road car launch is not unheard of. Ford developed and homologated their new Fiesta WRC car prior to the road car launch