Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Sep 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3770094)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He's taken advantage of the car he has and has got the results in he needs. That's how champions are made.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3770160)   #27
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone explain to me how Will Burns' situation is Force Majure but Luke Devenport's was not?

Steve
Old 27 Sep 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3770163)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Can someone explain to me how Will Burns' situation is Force Majure but Luke Devenport's was not?
Force majeure applied in both cases, but only for one round. Motorbase missed one round (with that entry), HARD are doing the same. It's just that in this case 'one round' and 'remainder of the season' are the same thing
Old 28 Sep 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3770303)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those wanting to watch live qualifying on Saturday, it would seem as though it has been brought forward to 15.05.

And on Sunday, the live programme on ITV 4 may or may not be starting at 10.15 - BTCC website differs from ITV's which is showing start at 10.30.

Whatever, the forecast is for rain on and off all day on Sunday. Should add further spice to what promises to be a cracking (obviously, not literally) set of races.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3770306)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
For those wanting to watch live qualifying on Saturday, it would seem as though it has been brought forward to 15.05.

And on Sunday, the live programme on ITV 4 may or may not be starting at 10.15 - BTCC website differs from ITV's which is showing start at 10.30.

Whatever, the forecast is for rain on and off all day on Sunday. Should add further spice to what promises to be a cracking (obviously, not literally) set of races.
Thanks for this Mike, I'll have to alter my schedule. As my Missus is out working on Sunday I'm planning to get my eyes almost square before she gets home from first watching The Malaysian Grand Prix and then The BTCC races. Hopefully I'll have enough time during the adverts (and support races) to mow the lawn, attend to the washing up, cook dinner and all of the other chores I'll be left with!
Old 28 Sep 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3770308)   #31
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for this Mike, I'll have to alter my schedule. As my Missus is out working on Sunday I'm planning to get my eyes almost square before she gets home from first watching The Malaysian Grand Prix and then The BTCC races. Hopefully I'll have enough time during the adverts (and support races) to mow the lawn, attend to the washing up, cook dinner and all of the other chores I'll be left with!
Instead of whinging about the few things that you have to do on Sunday, you really ought to be thanking your far better half for being so considerate for not being around and thus interrupt your passion for motorsport!
Old 28 Sep 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3770310)   #32
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Instead of whinging about the few things that you have to do on Sunday, you really ought to be thanking your far better half for being so considerate for not being around and thus interrupt your passion for motorsport!
Don't worry Mike, what I say to her is totally different to what I dare say on here
Old 29 Sep 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3770492)   #33
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Don't worry Mike, what I say to her is totally different to what I dare say on here
"Yes dear"
Old 29 Sep 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3770496)   #34
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking like it's going to be a wet one this weekend... which is a shame as it is one of the few rounds I am attending!

In which case I reckon Sutton will have the advantage - always seems to be amazing in tricky conditions, notably Croft last year
Old 29 Sep 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3770523)   #35
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Looking like it's going to be a wet one this weekend... which is a shame as it is one of the few rounds I am attending!

In which case I reckon Sutton will have the advantage - always seems to be amazing in tricky conditions, notably Croft last year
Aha, back to the usual wet Brands Finale. Setting up a classic.

It's still a great place to spectate, even in the rain.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3770700)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Leaving for brands shortly, weather should be ok today but wet weather gear ready for tomorrow
Old 30 Sep 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3770711)   #37
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good show from Brett Smith in FP

I'll predict Morgan on pole... and be horribly wrong as usual...!
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3770728)   #38
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Is there anyone reading this who is at Brands? In
I thought quali was supposed to start at 15:05 but there's nothing showing yet on the live streaming or timing. Is there a delay?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3770729)   #39
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, ITV have been showing the support races today. But for some baffling and utterly illogical reason, are only showing the races for series in which the championship hasn't already been decided. So that means that they've shown race 1 of both F4 & Juniors, with BTCC qualifying about to start. Then there'll be a 30-ish minute break where they won't be showing Clios, after which the Ginetta GT4s will be shown. Then another break when F4 has their second race (Caroline clinched the title in race 1), followed by the second Junior race. Of course, being ITV's stream, none of this is in HD. And there are people who think this sort of coverage is good.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3770730)   #40
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Collard withdrawn on medical grounds
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3770733)   #41
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
OK, I've got it now, incompetence on my behalf!
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3770741)   #42
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unless Sutton DNF in race 1 it's all pretty much finished

Mr. Gow must be proud , the team which made that media fiasco ends up winning
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...und-of-moaning
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3770742)   #43
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goff on pole and now we down to 30 cars as I think its too late for anyone to take Rob collards place
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3770744)   #44
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange session, fairly mixed grid and a disaster for WSR.

It's Sutton's to lose now.

Last edited by pimmy; 30 Sep 2017 at 15:22.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3770747)   #45
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yup, as predicted, I knew the BMWs would struggle at Brands GP. They never seem to go well at this track. I did however expect Honda to be a little further forward than they are (not counting Goff).
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3770750)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is there anything in the TBL rules that prevented Collard being replaced before qualifying? Surely have nothing to lose by putting someone else in the car

Hope they found out what was wrong with Colin's electrics, as he needs the car to work tomorrow, especially with Sutton so far ahead and him only having one teammate now to Sutton's 3. Of course Tingram's chances are now officially gone.

Well done Goff, he's really been a star this season. Hope he's back next season. Shame Brett went from top in FP2 to bottom in quali
Old 30 Sep 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3770753)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Back from Qualy now and it was a bit of a hash up, a little light rain, red flags, collard withdrawl, turkington in pits most of the time twiddling his thumbs. but finally got going and looks a very interesting grid. Hoping predicted rain fails to materialise tomorrow.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3770763)   #48
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain is the only chance Turkington has.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3770765)   #49
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I have not got the impression that the BMW's are particularly good in the wet this year?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3770768)   #50
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Advantage to Sutton for sure, but you'd have to be a fool to say it's all pretty much finished. With the grid the way it is, there are going to be a lot of people who reckon they're in with a shout of the win in race one and I don't see many of them being likely to hand Sutton a free pass if the situation arose - Goff has said as much and you can bet that Moffat, Morgan, Austin etc will be focusing on their own races. Weather likely to play a part as well.

I'm excited - we're going to have some very interesting races to enjoy no matter who comes out of it on top. The only thing that will dampen the fun a bit is if Turkington loses out due to that electrical fault - if they are both able to give it their best then they both deserve the title, so bring it on.