Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Sep 2019, 07:23 (Ref:3929592)   #1
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thomas Cook Campsite

Any ideas on the implications going forward following their sad demise? Did Thomas Cook run the campsite as a service provider or was it their own land?
Old 23 Sep 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3929603)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I'd never heard of them being there until this year when a work acquaintance and his wife stayed there.....
Old 23 Sep 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3929628)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i did not know they had a campsite either
Old 23 Sep 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3929644)   #4
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i did not know they had a campsite either
It's sometimes known as Airtrack and was a popular private site for Brits
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3929695)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, Airtrack I have heard of....
Old 23 Sep 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3929782)   #6
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This might say enough (for now)....

https://www.thomascooksport.com/Motorsports/Le-Mans
Old 24 Sep 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3929851)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
T Cook is therefore highly unlikely to be featuring in the 'Le Mans 2020 - Who's Going?' thread then...... ?
Old 2 Oct 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3931438)   #8
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Believe their campsite was down by the Porsche Curves.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3931464)   #9
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Believe their campsite was down by the Porsche Curves.
If my memory serves me right, it was next to Houx in 2018, I would see the banner when going past their campsite entrance at the bridge over the Bugatti circuit heading into the main track area.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3931588)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
From what my work colleague said this year, I think that's right Victor.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3931727)   #11
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If my memory serves me right, it was next to Houx in 2018, I would see the banner when going past their campsite entrance at the bridge over the Bugatti circuit heading into the main track area.
Correct, I wonder who will be in the running to grab hold of that? Travel Destinations to nab another site?