Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3883303)   #51
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Hope that Williams got the sponsorship money upfront, as I wonder whether the company will be around at the end of the season. Look at their accounts - 2017 ending accounts showed an accrued losses of some £16 million, roughly £4 million per year over 4 years.
They are apparently also funding Nic Hamilton in the BTCC, so splashing the cash.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3883322)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My first impression is that I like the Williams livery. I know nothing about the brand.

Richard
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3883327)   #53
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Nice 1990s F3000 look!
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3883333)   #54
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure about the Rexona branding and their "Tick"being in Black on the curve of the sidepods that have a black underside. Maybe once we see other angles in better light it stands out more.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3883334)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just to provide some clarity to this.
It is Rich Energy who have raised an objection to Whyte using their logo.
The objection is just in a single realm though - Clothing and apparel - so if Whyte are permitted to use the logo in that field, Rich Energy are faced with the choice of changing their logo, not using it on clothing, or accept that another firm has a (very) similar logo.
Whytes have taken a claim against Rich Energy. Rich Energy have been attempting to stop Whytes using the logo, despite them having used that logo for years.

Storey said it was all nonsense, once again ticking the box of "If your CEO keeps tell you how legit they are, they are not legit."
Old 11 Feb 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3883368)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not a bad livery to be fair. Much needed funding too
Old 11 Feb 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3883393)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Can I ask, why is this a issue?
it's far harder to make decent profit from a crowded, well developed marketplace without a) a far superior product or b) a gimmick. why are people going to buy a can of rich instead of a can of red bull? i'm always suspicious of people turning up with a product that's essentially exactly the same as the market leader and expecting to beat them based on a bit of branding.

i mean, we're all suspicious of the williams sponsor for the same reason, right? at least they've tried to come up with a different, new product with the lifestyle product bundling thing in a crowded, mature marketplace. in theory.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3883521)   #58
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Onto the Renault Launch

Click image for larger version

Name:	Renault.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	52514
Old 12 Feb 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3883527)   #59
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Onto the Renault Launch

Attachment 52514
And the award for laziest livery designer goes to......
Old 12 Feb 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3883540)   #60
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Given the team colours and the lack of a non Renault Group main sponsor, there isn't a great deal more they could do that hasn't been done previously. I'd say an elemental of if it ain't' broke ...

At least the polished Black and yellow that is used is more stint and should stand out in comparison to the Matt Black and dull gold of the Haas.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3883545)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
And the award for laziest livery designer goes to......
At what point does sticking to a consistent scheme and retaining corporate identity become lazy livery design?

The Renault R.S.01 was black on yellow - the black has increased and yellow decreased over the years, but they're still traditional RS colours.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3883547)   #62
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Black and yellow always goes well on a Renault
Old 12 Feb 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3883552)   #63
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are in that short window in which all we can do is talk and complain about the livery as this is either 2018 cars with a different wing and paint, or renderings of something that will be close to the 2019 car, but with important details hidden or removed.

Then we will move to the next phase of actually see the cars at testing, and then complain about if they are the final cars or not and how many updates will happen at the first race.

Tons of speculation between now and the first race.

Richard
Old 12 Feb 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3883557)   #64
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
At what point does sticking to a consistent scheme and retaining corporate identity become lazy livery design?
See this years Renault for details

Quote:
The Renault R.S.01 was black on yellow - the black has increased and yellow decreased over the years, but they're still traditional RS colours.
Traditional colours I don't have a problem with - let's face it nobody complains about Ferrari being red every year. It's just such an uninspiring design, last years was bad and they've not improved it (the RS01 is much better ).
Old 12 Feb 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3883569)   #65
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams - not nearly as good as last year but i still like it and i have heard of the company as it announced some weird cell phone plans at CES this year (like free medical consultations with a phone plan) and some sort of 3D screen.

anyways, sounds like the company has experienced backing and are doing something different in the cell phone space. plus it is nice to see some more technology driven consumer products using F1 as a platform.

as for Renault - big fan of the black and yellow so i have no problem with it largely remaining the same.

but as it was in past years, seeing the Renault and Infiniti logos prominently featured on the same car makes me again question their raison d'être. pure speculation on my part but i always felt this reflects their lack of focus.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3883798)   #66
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Note that Mercedes have launched their car and already doing shakedown at Silverstone, which is another reason why they are so dominant - preperation. Meanwhile Williams and Renault are still scratching about trying to finish the car for the first test and will miss the Spain shakedown.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3883805)   #67
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Note that Mercedes have launched their car and already doing shakedown at Silverstone, which is another reason why they are so dominant - preperation. Meanwhile Williams and Renault are still scratching about trying to finish the car for the first test and will miss the Spain shakedown.
Because they have the budget/staff/facilities to start earlier and do things faster / better - better-skilled staff (more expensive salaries) better hardware/ software/better manufacture and testing equipment .... it all comes down to money

I am a lewis/mercedes fan but also a realist
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3883825)   #68
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Mercedes have now launched and taken to the track..

Name:	Mercedes.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	52517

And RedBull have again launched their car in a different scheme to that they will be using for the race season.

Name:	RedBull.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	52518

On a busy day Racing Point will be their new colours and possibly team name in Canada later today. It will be the 2018 car dressed in the new scheme.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3883826)   #69
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaynes321 View Post
Because they have the budget/staff/facilities to start earlier and do things faster / better - better-skilled staff (more expensive salaries) better hardware/ software/better manufacture and testing equipment .... it all comes down to money

I am a lewis/mercedes fan but also a realist
of course it all boils down to money, but you still have to spend the money wisely.

i think, in fairness (and also just to be contrary ), the teams all start thinking about their following seasons car at the same time. and it's debatable whether the big boys have the best talent - who's the better engineer, the folks who work to a budget, a small company and management structure and get relatively spectacular value for money from car upgrades, or the big guys?

imo, the biggest difference is that a lot of the big boys stuff is in-house and they have less need to contract out to third parties who are also trying to do similar work to similar deadlines for several other teams at once. i think merc even rent out some of their factory facilities to other teams.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3883836)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

I am liking that RBR have not gone for the status quo and given us an interesting new livery. The Merc livery looks quite nice too
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3883842)   #71
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's their standard testing livery nonsense, let's not get too excited.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3883843)   #72
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's their standard testing livery nonsense, let's not get too excited.

I also think that it's a camouflage wrapping to hide the detailing until they have to reveal the true car in Australia (or possibly Spain for testing).
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3883844)   #73
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am liking that RBR have not gone for the status quo and given us an interesting new livery. The Merc livery looks quite nice too
Based upon comments above... The RBR is a temp/testing livery. And they have a history of doing that right? And everyone also tends to love those, but they revert a mostly unchanged official livery?

Richard
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3883847)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

Haven’t heard anything about it being just an interim livery
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3883849)   #75
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Haven’t heard anything about it being just an interim livery
It was described in their social media feeds as the "launch livery".