Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jun 2020, 16:58 (Ref:3984536)   #301
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am very late to the conversation here, but I only got round to watching the first season of "Drive to Survive" at the weekend and alarm bells were ringing as soon as a mysterious new energy drink sponsor entered the fray. Having seen this thread I thought I'd post.

The whole situation seemed awfully similar to "Loco Energy" in 2016/2017: they appeared out of nowhere promising the world and (seemingly) throwing money at motorsport, before disappearing as soon as they arrived, leaving a lot of broken promises (and empty wallets) behind.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3984976)   #302
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 Engine cover anyone?

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...706365952?s=19
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3984988)   #303
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It would be interesting to know the final details with respect to Haas and if Rich Energy is allowed to continue to use images of the Haas car in their promotions.

Richard
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3984991)   #304
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The fin doesn't look right for an F1 car but I wonder if it could be an LMP2 car?
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3984994)   #305
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wasn’t it Rebellion that had black and gold on it’s car or was it someone else? I seem to remember someone in LMP1 having it
Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3984997)   #306
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It would be interesting to know the final details with respect to Haas and if Rich Energy is allowed to continue to use images of the Haas car in their promotions.

Richard
This is last year's car and the engine cover and fin are quite different.

Old 1 Jul 2020, 19:55 (Ref:3984998)   #307
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So when I looked at the tweet mentioned above, I had to see what else Rich Energy has been tweeting about. Rich Energy re-tweeted about an interview with William Storey by a tiny YouTuber named Will Earl. I had to check it out.

No disrespect to Earl (you have to start somewhere and seriously I wish him the best of luck with his channel), but the channel has 657 subscribers, is using a wrinkled bedsheet as his backdrop and the video had 162 views when I write this. Maybe not quite the "premium" media situation Rich Energy is aspiring to reach.

But then again, maybe the YouTuber is a genius to interview Storey as you know he will say something interesting. I watched and am posting his link, so he must be doing something right. Video is 28 minutes long. Longer than I care to watch, but I decided to watch it as long as it was interesting. I was curious if there would be tough questions or if they would be cream puffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8vJohfL4o

Noteworthy items...

* Storey thinks Covid19 is a "scam".
* Regarding Storey's background, he has done "loads of different things".
* There is a cabal of elites who are profiting from this (finger quote) "crisis".
* "Rokit" who are they? They are a "Mickey Mouse" company.
* Lewis Hamilton is "not a particularly intelligent guy"
* Storey wants to get back into F1. It's "when not if".

Overall, no difficult questions by the interviewer. A very slight mention of the Haas sponsorship. Mostly just letting Storey monologue. But it was a bit interesting to hear his thoughts. Storey is not ignorant as to F1 and his criticisms (pay wall viewing, cars are too easy to drive, etc.) similar to what you may read in this forum.

I am disappointed the YouTuber didn't ask about racial equality. I expect that would have generate a few gems!

Richard
Old 1 Jul 2020, 20:02 (Ref:3985000)   #308
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This is last year's car and the engine cover and fin are quite different.

This is a good example of where it was probably lifted from. Not that image, but that version of the engine cover/fin/livery.

Richard
Old 1 Jul 2020, 20:52 (Ref:3985008)   #309
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
This is a good example of where it was probably lifted from. Not that image, but that version of the engine cover/fin/livery.

Richard
That looks like it.

Old 1 Jul 2020, 23:03 (Ref:3985021)   #310
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I got about halfway through that YouTube interview before I had enough. Great knowledge of F1 but some really strange views on everything
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:13 (Ref:3985514)   #311
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to celebrate F1's return:

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...878080000?s=19
Old 5 Jul 2020, 21:35 (Ref:3986075)   #312
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Did they have a fridge at the race?

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...991425028?s=19
Old 6 Jul 2020, 06:12 (Ref:3986120)   #313
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Did they have a fridge at the race?

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...991425028?s=19
Not that I could see but then the TV director might have missed it, what with the race and the driver interviews.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 08:50 (Ref:3986171)   #314
S griffin
Veteran

Unfortunately for them we didn’t need an energy drink to stay awake, it was that good a race. Then again it is the Red Bull Ring, so maybe that’s why
Old 6 Jul 2020, 21:40 (Ref:3986348)   #315
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Unfortunately for them we didn’t need an energy drink to stay awake, it was that good a race. Then again it is the Red Bull Ring, so maybe that’s why
Riiiiiiight!
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3987693)   #316
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
It gets better (or worse, I'm not sure).

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...967760896?s=09
Old 12 Jul 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3987694)   #317
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And the hashtags here - I'm lost!

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...310132224?s=09
Old 13 Jul 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3987871)   #318
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
It gets better (or worse, I'm not sure).

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...967760896?s=09

Trying to place which car from which series they’ve used the design to place their own livery on
Old 13 Jul 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3987880)   #319
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Trying to place which car from which series they’ve used the design to place their own livery on
Yokohama tires, Honda engine -> Super Formula ?
Old 13 Jul 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3987881)   #320
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Yokohama tires, Honda engine -> Super Formula ?
It is the Super Formula car yeah. Game render.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3987884)   #321
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Looks like a Dallara SF19.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3987899)   #322
Richard C
Veteran

If I had more free time and good photoshop skills, I would setup a parody Rich Energy twitter account. It actually would not be hard to create content that would both be hilarious and just crazy enough for people to think... "Yep, that is exactly what Rich Energy might do".

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3987901)   #323
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
If I had more free time and good photoshop skills, I would setup a parody Rich Energy twitter account. It actually would not be hard to create content that would both be hilarious and just crazy enough for people to think... "Yep, that is exactly what Rich Energy might do".

Richard
You would be wasting your time, they are doing a pretty good job of it by themselves.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 13:33 (Ref:3987926)   #324
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it has already been done.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3987940)   #325
S griffin
Veteran

Probably is a Super Formula car. Probably not the worst car it could have used, but still no F1 challenger

And yes Rich Energy really are a parody of themselves