Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jul 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4061378)   #226
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would love Roland to buy it just to make all the ferals froth about it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jul 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4061379)   #227
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I somehow doubt we will see a new owner that will tick all the boxes...
What do we actually want from a new owner?
AC wants their money back, beyond that who knows. Someone had better have a plan if they buy it or shirts will be shredded as the present series is just about toast and well burnt toast at that. It is a sad fact that habits once broken hardly ever are revived and this COVID thing has broken a lot of viewing and watching habits. You only have to look at the Townsville thread to see that.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4061382)   #228
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
AC wants their money back, beyond that who knows. Someone had better have a plan if they buy it or shirts will be shredded as the present series is just about toast and well burnt toast at that. It is a sad fact that habits once broken hardly ever are revived and this COVID thing has broken a lot of viewing and watching habits. You only have to look at the Townsville thread to see that.
Bear in mind forums are an ever-waning form of social media.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4061388)   #229
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I would love Roland to buy it just to make all the ferals froth about it.

Old 17 Jul 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4061389)   #230
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m not too worried about the future. I am sure there will be plenty at the top who care about the sport to keep it going
Old 18 Jul 2021, 02:31 (Ref:4061523)   #231
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I’m not too worried about the future. I am sure there will be plenty at the top who care about the sport to keep it going
Unfortunately the sport is no longer a sport but a bottom line business and if the bottom line happens to be red then bye bye the business. They are in the entertainment business now but most of us can't get our head around that yet.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4061540)   #232
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Are the ratings standing up?
Old 18 Jul 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4061547)   #233
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auto Action, reports 3 bids have been dropped, three are into the next stage .

Apparently, M.Skaife/TLA
Australian Racing Group
Third Consortium, Peregrine Corporation
Old 18 Jul 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4061549)   #234
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post

Apparently, M.Skaife/TLA
Australian Racing Group
The asking just dropped, AC will be unhappy.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4061555)   #235
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's not looking good for them if they were hoping to make a profit.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4061579)   #236
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Apparently, M.Skaife/TLA
Australian Racing Group
Wonder if the ARG bid includes #7?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4061584)   #237
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Are the ratings standing up?
Yes, despite what some will tell you, the ratings are strong for the series.

Race Torque analysis here.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4061629)   #238
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post

And so they should be in the current restrictions on entertainment.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4061632)   #239
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Apparently, M.Skaife/TLA
Australian Racing Group

So are these 3 dropped or into the next stage ???
Old 18 Jul 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4061925)   #240
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
So are these 3 dropped or into the next stage ???
Next stage according to AA article.Adderton has already put something out about walking away from the bid.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 02:36 (Ref:4061962)   #241
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Next stage according to AA article.Adderton has already put something out about walking away from the bid.
Funny how the big talking flog walks away after he has been dropped.

Old 19 Jul 2021, 06:12 (Ref:4061980)   #242
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Is that a reputable source?

Up compared to what?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 06:41 (Ref:4061983)   #243
cavvy
Veteran

http://www.theracetorque.com/2021/07...ille-2-0-batg/

See link for detail.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:27 (Ref:4062007)   #244
S griffin
Veteran

Nice to get that info, thanks
Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4062011)   #245
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Is that a reputable source?

Up compared to what?
Yes, very reputable. Richard Craill has been analysing the TV ratings for motorsport for sometime. The figures used are the official oztam numbers.

I assume you didn't read the article. The article includes comments such as Race 15 saw channel 7 more than double the ratings compared to 10's coverage last year.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4062040)   #246
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, very reputable. Richard Craill has been analysing the TV ratings for motorsport for sometime. The figures used are the official oztam numbers.

I assume you didn't read the article. The article includes comments such as Race 15 saw channel 7 more than double the ratings compared to 10's coverage last year.
Which only demonstrates the small market pay TV still is in this country.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4062064)   #247
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:

Numbers are 5 capital cities only, that dont include regionals, a market bigger than Perth or Adelaide.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4062209)   #248
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This may or may not be a good statistic. Many years ago a friend of mine who sold bespoke software and also occasionally sold the hardware on which to run it on, won a free all-expenses paid holiday for having the greatest percentage increase in turnover for the relevant quarter. Some of the sellers worked insanely hard to lift from 10k to 12k units. Trever went from 2 to 6, and only because one customer asked him for 4. Nobody else managed a 200% increase despite selling some vast numbers.

So doubling the ratings is good if the rating were decent in the first place, but if almost no-one watched and you double it to still almost no-one watched, there's still no-one much watching.

I love statistics. They're generally meaningless until someone gives them a meaning, and on the whole people who give them meaning do so in a misleading way.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4062210)   #249
S griffin
Veteran

You can’t always trust stats, you’re right there. There could be other reasons behind the increase in figures. It could be that it was on a time it was convenient for everyone. I do think the viewing figures have been enough though. Shows the series still is very popular. I wouldn’t say they’ve ever been bad.

But yes it doesn’t tell the whole story, it’s better to look into the whole detail rather than just the stats
Old 19 Jul 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4062246)   #250
Casper
Veteran

If the viewing stats show a rise and I have no reason to doubt that it seems strange that the discussion surrounding it seems to have dropped off but the emphasis is on seems to have. There has been criticism in the past of how those stats were compiled but with the lock downs and stay at home restrictions the tv viewing should have risen in any event.