Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jan 2020, 06:57 (Ref:3952529)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Australia To Name and Shame.

According to Speedcafe, Motorsport Australia will naming and shaming those competitors that breach its Alcohol and Illicit Drugs Policies, from the 1st of March.

Could be interesting?

Hopefully a few officials get tested on a Sunday morning, just to even things out.

Imagine being accused of drinking XXXX beer!
Old 21 Jan 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3952557)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Officials already get tested, and have tested positive.

Not sure how I feel about this, seeing as WADA/ASADA don't name anyone who has breeched their policies, for privacy reasons.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3952641)   #3
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be good to see a few 'big names' outed at long last
Old 22 Jan 2020, 00:05 (Ref:3952668)   #4
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Imagine being accused of drinking XXXX beer!
Because it's much more respectable being seen with one of Lion's craft or international beer offerings instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Any predictions?
Old 22 Jan 2020, 00:07 (Ref:3952669)   #5
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a god given right for competitors to have a good P...UP on Saturday night isn't it?

It is about time they recognised this problem and di something about it. Every competitor should be breath tested on arrival at the circuit and signing on.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 00:15 (Ref:3952670)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Especially the repeat offenders...
Old 22 Jan 2020, 03:48 (Ref:3952678)   #7
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Yes and I think some fans are going to be shocked if and when they are outed
Old 22 Jan 2020, 04:29 (Ref:3952682)   #8
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is a god given right for competitors to have a good P...UP on Saturday night isn't it
Saturday night? Try Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night.

There's a certain team who has quite the reputation for drinking/partying/getting kicked out of hotels. Could explain why they never win anything
Old 22 Jan 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3952698)   #9
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
There's a certain team who has quite the reputation for drinking/partying/getting kicked out of hotels. Could explain why they never win anything
Tickford?
Old 22 Jan 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3952700)   #10
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Tickford?
WAU for sure.

The owner was an Ibiza DJ after all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jan 2020, 13:19 (Ref:3952734)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Saturday night? Try Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night.

I do know one speed event competitor who put his significant shunt down to being the first time he ever drove sober...
Old 22 Jan 2020, 20:08 (Ref:3952810)   #12
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 10+ years of being an official, i never got tested, let alone saw others getting tested. Whilst those whom might remember the old Easternats at Sandown, every entrant got tested and it wasn't even a MA sanctioned event.

Going to be a few people on their toes now...whilst some of us enjoy a drink or two on Friday or Saturday night, their was always the 1% that pushed the envelope and you had to wonder how the hell they managed to turn up the next day.
Old 22 Jan 2020, 23:17 (Ref:3952838)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
WAU for sure.

The owner was an Ibiza DJ after all.
Ibiza would be more about solids than liquids, wouldn't it?
Old 23 Jan 2020, 00:58 (Ref:3952844)   #14
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
In 10+ years of being an official, i never got tested, let alone saw others getting tested.
me either, and did heaps of 'big name' events
Old 23 Jan 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3952931)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I nearly got tested at Bathurst. As in I was about to be, but the person next to me took the mick and they tested him instead! (I would have been fine, by the way, just the one stubbie the previous evening).
Old 23 Jan 2020, 22:57 (Ref:3953022)   #16
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have been tested numerous times at the track as an official.
The last 4 AGP's (including every day in 2018), Sandown, Phillip Island
and last year at the Shannon's at QR, the same day the Frenchman became ill (cough, cough).
Old 29 Jan 2020, 04:22 (Ref:3954326)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
Have been tested numerous times at the track as an official.
The last 4 AGP's (including every day in 2018), Sandown, Phillip Island
and last year at the Shannon's at QR, the same day the Frenchman became ill (cough, cough).
Someone really needs to do a frog in a peanut helmet sitting on a slab of XXXX as a t-shirt
Old 2 Feb 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3955259)   #18
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
In 10+ years of being an official, i never got tested, let alone saw others getting tested.
Quote:

You guys have both been out of the sport for several years and the number of tests has increased especially at GP & Supercars lvel events as well as Shannons rounds.

ASADA has also turned up to several events on both 2 & 4 wheels I have been at in recent years but many wouldn't realise they're there as they keep a low profile and at least in 2 wheeled events caught a few, not alcohol either.
Old 2 Feb 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3955317)   #19
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
stop trying to justify their lack of performance Paul
Old 3 Feb 2020, 01:19 (Ref:3955372)   #20
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul isn't trying to justify anything.

CAMS have only had a CATO procedure since 2015, from memory.

I've personally been in charge of two club level events that had Alcohol Testing done, plus seeing them at all the major events like Nationals, F1, Supercars, 12 Hour etc.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3955443)   #21
Jacal
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Jacal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a competitor I've seen more testing in the last couple of years than in the previous 18. I'm NSW based and havent seen anyone at our state meetings but have been breath tested at both VIC state meetings, I've been to and the Bathurst 12hour last year.

Interestingly the same tester at all 3 events, is there only one approved tester in CAMS?
Old 3 Feb 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3955524)   #22
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
well well well
Old 3 Feb 2020, 22:43 (Ref:3955550)   #23
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
You guys have both been out of the sport for several years and the number of tests has increased especially at GP & Supercars lvel events as well as Shannons rounds.

ASADA has also turned up to several events on both 2 & 4 wheels I have been at in recent years but many wouldn't realise they're there as they keep a low profile and at least in 2 wheeled events caught a few, not alcohol either.
Looks like they finally pulled the finger out and got serious.

Doesn't surprize me with GP & Supercars, as the OH&S requirements at those events are more to th front than any other event you may work at.

I suppose the test is done in morning?? They should random runs over the course of the day just to make sure those in senior positions are not enjoying the additional freedom they have in walking around the course, especially the GP. Not the best look when you see 3 seniors sitting in one of the trackside bar area, with what look like their guests...
Old 3 Feb 2020, 23:32 (Ref:3955552)   #24
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen testers walk in the front of a garage and mechanics/team members walk out the back...

Without full team lists to check against, you're only testing those too slow to "go missing"
Old 3 Feb 2020, 23:44 (Ref:3955553)   #25
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post

Looks like they finally pulled the finger out and got serious.

Doesn't surprize me with GP & Supercars, as the OH&S requirements at those events are more to th front than any other event you may work at.

I suppose the test is done in morning?? They should random runs over the course of the day just to make sure those in senior positions are not enjoying the additional freedom they have in walking around the course, especially the GP. Not the best look when you see 3 seniors sitting in one of the trackside bar area, with what look like their guests...