Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2012, 02:31 (Ref:3151961)   #1
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
"We were a little deflated"

Once upon a time, there was a company that had enough passion for their product that following defeat at Bathurst they took out a full page advert to explain what happened..........now, after three successive losses at Bathurst, we don't hear "boo" from them and they don't seem to care........what happened to them, where did they disappear to?

http://www.falcongt.info/history/art..._Article-3.htm
Old 15 Oct 2012, 03:47 (Ref:3151982)   #2
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Once upon a time, there was a company that had enough passion for their product that following defeat at Bathurst they took out a full page advert to explain what happened..........now, after three successive losses at Bathurst, we don't hear "boo" from them and they don't seem to care........what happened to them, where did they disappear to?

The 1969 Ford team was a genuine factory team, owned by Ford and Ford themselves was directly or inderectly. Something which is not true of any Ford racing team since 1973. This is not a valid comparison.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3152016)   #3
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why would you pay good money to advertise the fact that you lost?
Old 15 Oct 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3152019)   #4
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were a little defeated.................
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 15 Oct 2012, 07:11 (Ref:3152023)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even if a Ford-badged car won, you wouldn't hear much from Ford about it.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3152037)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Even if a Ford-badged car won, you wouldn't hear much from Ford about it.
Ford PR deptmartment is and has being the worse dept to come out of HQ Broadmeadows for the last 30 plus years closely followed by the HQ Head office.

I'm Ford through and through and over the years can not believe the crap choices that come out of HQ.

To me they dont not give a flying toss what the fans ( WHO BUY THERE PRODUCT AND SUPPORT THAT PRODUCT ON THE TRACK ) give a damm about. Like most company all they worry about is the $$$$.

Holden's PR Dept ****s all over the Ford PR Dept and has since atleast 1980.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 15 Oct 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3152043)   #7
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Ford still in Australia?
Old 15 Oct 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3152050)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Oct 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3152051)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3152068)   #10
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Good work GTR, that's the one.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3152074)   #11
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Ford PR deptmartment is and has being the worse dept to come out of HQ Broadmeadows for the last 30 plus years closely followed by the HQ Head office.

I'm Ford through and through and over the years can not believe the crap choices that come out of HQ.

To me they dont not give a flying toss what the fans ( WHO BUY THERE PRODUCT AND SUPPORT THAT PRODUCT ON THE TRACK ) give a damm about. Like most company all they worry about is the $$$$.

Holden's PR Dept ****s all over the Ford PR Dept and has since atleast 1980.
I reckon Holden is more an Aussie brand than Ford, despite it being owned by GM, but it seems Ford Oz dances to the tune of an American piper much more.

And let's face it, the only time the Yanks give much of a toss about anyone other than themselves in when they need help in a war...
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3152080)   #12
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I reckon Holden is more an Aussie brand than Ford, despite it being owned by GM, but it seems Ford Oz dances to the tune of an American piper much more.

And let's face it, the only time the Yanks give much of a toss about anyone other than themselves in when they need help in a war...

nope The cars from Ford Aus are more Aussie then the Holdens, at least FPV make their own engines
Old 15 Oct 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3152088)   #13
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
nope The cars from Ford Aus are more Aussie then the Holdens, at least FPV make their own engines
No I meant as a company and a brand rather than the product. But FPV don't cast their own blocks and heads, etc. do they?
Old 15 Oct 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3152098)   #14
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
No I meant as a company and a brand rather than the product. But FPV don't cast their own blocks and heads, etc. do they?
still better then HSV efforts, no?

although they do have one they done in the past worthy of competing to the home blown Miami, forgot it's name, but it was a cracker
Old 15 Oct 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3152582)   #15
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The current automotive industry landscape is vastly different to 1969. Holden and Ford almost at the market to themselves. The market is far more diverse now and has been swamped by high volume world models from overseas, thanks to the high Australian dollar.

I'm thankful that Ford is still spending money on motorsport despite bigger players like Toyota not doing so.

The greenies have started to make motor racing a dirty word, thanks to carbon mania. I think Ford are happy to support the motor racing interests of enthusiasts such as ourselves and keep the passion for the brand through motorsport going but without shouting its involvement from the roof tops as they once would.

I know it's frustrating, but that's simply how it is and nothing can really make that change.

Even Holden is cutting back. Only T8 and HRT have any Holden funding worth talking about and the other Holden runners are simply making up the numbers. Look at the results sheet of non-endurance races and more often than not the bottom is mostly full of Holdens.

If Ford has (presumably) four well funded Ford supported cars at FPR next year then we could be in for our best year for some time. The money they have spent on Stone Bros over the last couple of years has all but been a waste. It's been FPR doing 99% of the winning.

I think the glass is half full…
Old 16 Oct 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3152612)   #16
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
The current automotive industry landscape is vastly different to 1969. Holden and Ford almost at the market to themselves. The market is far more diverse now and has been swamped by high volume world models from overseas, thanks to the high Australian dollar.

I'm thankful that Ford is still spending money on motorsport despite bigger players like Toyota not doing so.

The greenies have started to make motor racing a dirty word, thanks to carbon mania. I think Ford are happy to support the motor racing interests of enthusiasts such as ourselves and keep the passion for the brand through motorsport going but without shouting its involvement from the roof tops as they once would.

I know it's frustrating, but that's simply how it is and nothing can really make that change.

Even Holden is cutting back. Only T8 and HRT have any Holden funding worth talking about and the other Holden runners are simply making up the numbers. Look at the results sheet of non-endurance races and more often than not the bottom is mostly full of Holdens.

If Ford has (presumably) four well funded Ford supported cars at FPR next year then we could be in for our best year for some time. The money they have spent on Stone Bros over the last couple of years has all but been a waste. It's been FPR doing 99% of the winning.

I think the glass is half full…
OK Chris, thanks for that well thought out and balanced post.........you're most likely correct.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3152663)   #17
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

As evidenced during the period 1939 - 1946
Old 16 Oct 2012, 05:00 (Ref:3152667)   #18
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
As evidenced during the period 1939 - 1946

Actually that was 1939 - 15th August 1945. But aint it good to have someone big to back you up if you need then.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 05:02 (Ref:3152669)   #19
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Ford have pulled the pin on the WRC.
Old 16 Oct 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3152679)   #20
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Actually that was 1939 - 15th August 1945. But aint it good to have someone big to back you up if you need then.
And they didn't give much of a toss before Dec 7th 1941, either ....
Old 16 Oct 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3152840)   #21
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Why would you pay good money to advertise the fact that you lost?
To put the blame on someone else.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:02 (Ref:3153146)   #22
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford must be in it for something though. The iRacing V8Supercars series consists only of FG Falcons. There is also a Hotwheels FG Falcon that has been released. Biante have released a few variants of cleanskin Falcon Racecars, where until recently Holden refused to allow it.

Obviously the Ford PR department isn't bad in every aspect
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3153151)   #23
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But that's all effortless stuff that a stroke of the pen could approve, without having to do any of the legwork themselves.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 02:45 (Ref:3153166)   #24
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and yet Holden/GM don't do it
Old 17 Oct 2012, 04:34 (Ref:3153186)   #25
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
and yet Holden/GM don't do it
Well, they do have a Matchbox Holden SSV Ute - so that's something