Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Aug 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3923651)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm still hoping them to get the LM Saturday support slot some day
You and me both.......
Old 21 Aug 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3923658)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
They could conceivably get a support race spot at Le Mans Classic. (Peter Auto version rather than Masters.) Keep next year’s dates open just in case.....

https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/home/
Old 22 Aug 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3923735)   #53
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes it would be nice but LM Classic is only every two years, and like most historic-only events gets poor media coverage, so I would much prefer it to be at the LM proper. One can dream

Anyway, going back to Masters at Silverstone, watching the Lola AMR battling against 908 HDI FAP and Dyson Lola-AER almost brought tear to my eye, so good... why do the times have to change so quickly in this sport
Old 22 Aug 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3923744)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I was more thinking of a physical visit, rather than watching on stream or whatever, so maybe not your thing.

Having been to LM24 and LMC a couple of times each, with added privilege of racing at the latter, either is worth saving up for, but at the Classic you get such an amazing variety of cars......
Old 23 Aug 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3923893)   #55
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The supposed Aston Martin Only race series for GT1, GT3, GTE, GT4 and one of specials such as the Vulcan have now instead of having there own race will now be running in the same race as the Endurance Legends at Spa for the historic 6 hours.

https://astonmartinheritageracing.com/festival-series/
Old 27 Oct 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3937096)   #56
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Final chassis standings top 10

1) Lola Aston Martin DBR1/2 (P1)
2) Pilbeam-Nissan MP91 (P2)
3) Oreca 03 Nissan (P2)
4) Lola-Mazda B12/60 (P1)
5) MG Lola EX257 (P2)
6) Peugeot 908 HDI FAP (P1)
7) Pescarolo 01 Judd (P1)
8) Courage LC75 (P2)
9) Aston Martin DBR9 (GT1)
10) Ferrari 458 GTC/E (GT2)

Note 1: Most cars only contested selected events
Note 2: For clarification I've hidden "second drivers" out

The 2020 calendar looks to come out in few weeks
Old 31 Oct 2019, 23:13 (Ref:3937884)   #57
Deleted
Veteran

The US series is supporting the COTA GP this weekend, field includes the likes of Lola B12/60 Toyota (ex Rebellions are racing :O), Corvette C5-R, plus the usual R8 and Courages and whatnot...
https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...ist%20MEL.pdf/

But as said on FB, they're "not permitted" to take any videos whatsoever during the weeekend not even 2 minute clip... it's so frustrating to have found a great series (well two if you have the Euro and USA version) for once and you cannot follow it for most of the time. I don't have high hopes of seeing professional video from HSR Daytona Classic or Sebring Historics either

Anyway COTA's a terrible track but what a treat for F1 fans, the few that actually turn up for supports that is

Last edited by Deleted; 31 Oct 2019 at 23:22.
Old 1 Nov 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3937930)   #58
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The US series is supporting the COTA GP this weekend, field includes the likes of Lola B12/60 Toyota (ex Rebellions are racing :O), Corvette C5-R, plus the usual R8 and Courages and whatnot...
https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...ist%20MEL.pdf/

But as said on FB, they're "not permitted" to take any videos whatsoever during the weeekend not even 2 minute clip... it's so frustrating to have found a great series (well two if you have the Euro and USA version) for once and you cannot follow it for most of the time. I don't have high hopes of seeing professional video from HSR Daytona Classic or Sebring Historics either

Anyway COTA's a terrible track but what a treat for F1 fans, the few that actually turn up for supports that is

Its a huge grid. Biggest any Endurance Legends grid has ever got.

I'd rather go watch this than the F1 any day
Old 1 Nov 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3937959)   #59
Deleted
Veteran

Even the odd Daytona Prototype and LMPC car in the mix is okay

I'd still watch the Grand Prix, because it is the very last non-historic category on planet with direct technology impact and no stupid balance of performance or (much) clone spec parts, but yes the MEL grid is juicy as hell

I must start following their social media more now to keep up with it. Here's the lovely 2014-Silverstone-liveried Swiss Lola at the track

Last edited by Deleted; 1 Nov 2019 at 11:01.
Old 1 Nov 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3937975)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Even the odd Daytona Prototype and LMPC car in the mix is okay

I'd still watch the Grand Prix, because it is the very last non-historic category on planet with direct technology impact and no stupid balance of performance or (much) clone spec parts, but yes the MEL grid is juicy as hell

I must start following their social media more now to keep up with it. Here's the lovely 2014-Silverstone-liveried Swiss Lola at the track

He ran this past spring at The Mitty HSR event and sounded great. Believe he is also in the HSR Daytona 24 field later this month, with 2 R8s, 908, Pescarolos and others.
Old 1 Nov 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3938000)   #61
Deleted
Veteran

I've compiled a list of chassis that have competed this year in Europe. I've made some renaming and research outside from the various confusing MEL documents for clarification

LMP1/LMP900
Dallara SP1 Judd
Lola B07/18 Judd
Lola B09/60 Aston Martin
Lola B12/60 Mazda
Norma M2000 Ford
Pescarolo 01 Judd
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP

LMP2/LMP675
Courage LC75 Judd
Lola B12/80 Judd
Lola B2K/40 Nissan-AER
Lucchini LMP2-04 Judd
MG Lola EX257 AER
Onroak-Ligier JSP2 Judd
Oreca(Courage) 03 Nissan
Pilbeam MP91 Judd
Pilbeam MP93 Judd
Porshe RS Spyder

LMPC
Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet

LMGTP
Bentley EXP Speed 8

LMGT1/LMGTS/GT
Aston Martin DBR9
Ferrari 550 GTS Maranello
Maserati MC12

LMGTE/LMGT2/LMGT/N-GT
Aston Martin Vantage GT2
BMW M3 GTR
Ferrari 360 GT
Ferrari 430 GT2
Ferrari 458 GTE
Morgan Aero 8
Porsche 996 RSR
Porsche 996 GT3 RSR
Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
TVR T400R

Other cars (much older or otherwise not fitting ACO classes)
Aston Martin AMR1
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Audi R8 GT3 LMS Ultra
"Chevrolet Corvette" (GT2 2005) * (wtf is this, I looked at some video and it looks like GT3)
Ferrari 458 GT3
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Porsche 993 GT2 EVO
Ultima GTR

It was nice to found out that the ex LMP team Race Performance is still ocassionally running their old protos in historics. Some other bigger former team name here and there as well
Old 2 Nov 2019, 12:38 (Ref:3938105)   #62
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wtf is that 2005 GT2 Corvette?
Old 2 Nov 2019, 13:07 (Ref:3938116)   #63
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi_S View Post
wtf is that 2005 GT2 Corvette?
IDK here's what it listed for Europe
77 Methley David GB Chevrolet Corvette 2005 7000 G2/GT2

And for this weekend's COTA race
777 Methley, David GB Chevrolet Corvette C6 Grid 3/GT Yellow 2005 7000

In results document for Spa it lists it's only competitor in the class being 2002 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (G2/GT2), but in other press release it says it won the "GT2 category" over Ferrari 430 GT2 (G3/GT2)

Anyway I think it's this
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/autos...82454235426311

Last edited by Deleted; 2 Nov 2019 at 13:15.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 02:41 (Ref:3938237)   #64
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only car I could think of is a couple years later with the Giglotti built GT2s being 07 or 08s I think. Only other thing is the number just divisions that also use GT2 in the US and it being an SCCA or TransAm car.
Old 3 Nov 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3938272)   #65
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Only car I could think of is a couple years later with the Giglotti built GT2s being 07 or 08s I think. Only other thing is the number just divisions that also use GT2 in the US and it being an SCCA or TransAm car.

Or the Marklund car from Denmark that appeared one year in LMES possibly? Mind you the Marklund car was more of a road car so I’m leaning towards it being an LG car
Old 3 Nov 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3938325)   #66
Deleted
Veteran

It's most definitely not the Riley GT2 Corvette

Anyway you can see it making the turn here this weekend, just after the black Corvette C5-R GT1/GTS
https://youtu.be/4TslAGIfrHQ?t=48
Would be great opportunity for more F1 fans to see these amazing cars... if they weren't binned to 8am starting slots when F1 sessions are in the afternoon...

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Nov 2019 at 17:07.
Old 13 Nov 2019, 23:42 (Ref:3940498)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

The USA series is at HSR Daytona 24 this weekend which means they've been thrown to very confusing categories, groups E and F and their further sub mishmashes
http://hsrrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-Entry-List-to-Post-by-Group-11.6.19.pdf
http://hsrrace.com/wp-content/uploads/Classic-24-Groups-2019-FINAL-11.6.19.pdf

C5-R, C6.R GT1 and C7.R all in one weekend, just C6.R GT2 is missing (unless it's there somewhere as the list is all over the place)

Will Lanky be filming this weekend I wonder
Old 16 Nov 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3940909)   #68
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Will Lanky be filming this weekend I wonder
Yes
https://youtu.be/qq6Rorf0RKI

Masters FB:

Old 20 Nov 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3941753)   #69
Deleted
Veteran

2020 calendar has been released for Europe

17/19 April – Portugal Historic Racing Weekend, Portimão, Portugal
8/10 May – Monza Four Hours (ELMS Support), Monza, Italy
17/19 July – Paul Ricard Four Hours (ELMS Support), Paul Ricard, France
31 July/2 August – Silverstone Classic, Silverstone, UK
4/6 September – Historic Grand Prix, Zandvoort, Holland
25/27 September – Spa Six Hours, Spa, Belgium

So 2x ELMS supports and some returning historic meetings and new Portimao

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Nov 2019 at 12:18.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3942376)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

https://youtu.be/NI28jrlQ730
https://youtu.be/6HZIzwGPLwk

Just great helmet cam footage and nice use of the traffic to battle Audi and Pug

That's some actual real racing, so refreshing
Old 7 Dec 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3945374)   #71
Deleted
Veteran

Interiew with the series founder and Nic regarding the 2020 season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-keDvZoIY

The heavy penalizing of pro-drivers rule for 2020 and acceptance of more modern GT3 cars is annoying but can we lived with I guess

Meanwhile that was one mixed top 5 grid in qualifying at Sebring this weekend
1) Lola B07/18 LMP1 1:51.698
2) Peugeot 908 HDI FAP LMP1 1:52.930
3) Coyote-Corvette DP 2:00.960
4) Audi R8 LMP1 2:02.635
5) Oreca FLM09 LMPC 2:03.080

Onboad with the said Lola
https://www.facebook.com/MastersHist...type=2&theater

Last edited by Deleted; 7 Dec 2019 at 15:22.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3945380)   #72
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Pretty wide margin between 1st and 5th. I'd probably make more effort to follow this is if there was a better effort to bring the performance of the different chassis closer together.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3945383)   #73
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Pretty wide margin between 1st and 5th. I'd probably make more effort to follow this is if there was a better effort to bring the performance of the different chassis closer together.
And I'd stop following this immediately if they started manipulating it like every other series involving non-spec cars is doing now. It's good as it is

Anyway obviously most of the gaps come from these amateur drivers and people looking after their priced possessions. We all know Peugeot 908 would not be losing to older Lolas otherwise and so on
Old 8 Dec 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3945552)   #74
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Twas a thickly veiled bop joke to get exactly that response from you lol
Old 8 Dec 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3945556)   #75
Deleted
Veteran

It's hard to tell a joke nowadays