Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Dec 2002, 06:44 (Ref:446093)   #1
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Power power

Aussie racer Will Power seems to win everything i watch him do yet i havent really seen any news on him coming to europe etc. He seems to be one of the best aussie racers in a while - does anyone know what his plans are??

Cool name too.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 08:08 (Ref:446126)   #2
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David,

His future has been listed on a few other threads in the single seater forum.

Basically Will Power has the money for a British F3 drive next year, but is working on the best team to drive for.

Power wants a seat with ADR, and there are currently 2 available. ADR are running 3 'A' level cars next year.

ADR has told Power that he would prefer him to drive a season in British FRenault next year before making the step up to F3. Rightly thinking that he should learn the tracks and the way of life in Europe before having a crack at the bigtime.

ADR prefers Will Davison (another Australian) for the seat, however Davo has to find the dollars first.

I will be going to the Australian Institute of Sport in January with Will Power amongst others, so will let you know what he is up to.

Cam
Old 9 Dec 2002, 14:05 (Ref:446294)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Cam, good luck to him. Mr Docking is an Aussie too isnt he? Webbers old F3 boss. Good luck to him.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 01:57 (Ref:446685)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theres not a straighter guy in F3 than the Doc.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:55 (Ref:446810)   #5
ringo
Racer

ringo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will be good to see how will does in europe as he has been impresive in Australia. good to see he got the budget together as always heard that he stuggled to fund his racing.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 11:37 (Ref:446892)   #6
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
David,

Yes Alan Docking is an ex-pat Aussie. Interesting little bit of info for you.

Alex Davison has ADR interested in signing him (Webber drove for ADR), Davison has recently been testing the factory Mercedes Benz (not McLaren) F3 cars in Germany and are looking quite keen to attain his services (Webber was signed to Mercedes for awhile), Davison is also managed by Anthony Davidson's Manager.

Ringo,

All year I was wondering why Will Power was constantly hanging around the pits of Prancing Horse at all of the PROCAR events.

I had heard word that he would be driving their proposed F3 team in 2003.

However it was recently released that Will Power has backing from Prancing Horse shareholders Maher Algadri, and John Teulin. As well as backing from Dodge Viper driver Geoff Morgan! Apparently there are several other of their friends involved as investors also.

Will Power, Will Davison, and James Manderson all have the same problem facing them. The weak Australian dollar!!!!!

Will Power basically got by in Australian F3 because he was developing the car, for its owner. This owner basically paid for Will's drive.

Currently I believe Will Power has all the money pledged, however everyone is waiting for the others to sign the cheques.

I hope they all succeed, and I will be talking with Will Power, Will Davison, and James Manderson in the next week. I will keep you all posted.

As I search for my own budget for Australian F3 next year.

Damn this money problem.

Cam
Old 11 Dec 2002, 03:19 (Ref:447406)   #7
ringo
Racer

ringo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks vandas, sounds messy though.

are you looking at scholarship or championship? whats a school budget about? good luck.

Last edited by ringo; 11 Dec 2002 at 03:19.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 04:57 (Ref:447423)   #8
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Ringo,

I have been offered a couple of seats in the Australian F3 Championship. They are all outright seats, however the investment level is a bit out of my reach at the moment.

1 seat has been offered at around $200 000 for everything laid on, tests, new rubber at all tests and all race meetings, dedicated mechanics, 2001 model car, genuine championship contender. That figure also includes the $50 000 bond, as opposed to the insurance method. That is a bit of a jump up from my current car.

The other seat is a former championship winning team and is worth about $64 000, inluding a dedicated mechanic and junior mechanic, new rubber at race meetings, and a couple of tests.

To make it worth while I would need to find between $80 000 and $100 000 to run this last deal. That way I could service my sponsors as well as paying for tests, flights, and accomodation.

So it is a lot cheaper than British F3, but it is economies of scale.

Cam
Old 11 Dec 2002, 06:31 (Ref:447442)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cam I guess it would depend on what you want out of the F3 series, if the intention is a suck it and see approach, and you have a team around you already, the cheap option is to buy one of the older cars (Brian Sampson has a car on the F3 website for under $50k) and run it yourselves for the season

You wont be in a Dallara F301 Mugen but you will be in an F3 car, that will react in all manners the same as an F301, if at a slightly slower pace.

Talent allegedly prevails in this class... well along with giving that talent a good car too...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House