Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Feb 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3208967)   #1
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Judicial restructure for V8 Supercars

Wollerman gooonnnee.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3208973)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is a reasonably harshly written little note there..

BONED?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Feb 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3208991)   #3
AnEmmoFan
Rookie

AnEmmoFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a cost cutting measure? After all some of the income streams are declining
Old 28 Feb 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3212100)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm the sup regs still have Mr Wollerman as the man.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3212191)   #5
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Miss Anderson boned as well. Allegedly due cost cutting. When she allegedly does it as a volunteer. Without charge
Old 28 Feb 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3212213)   #6
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
and Miss Anderson boned as well. Allegedly due cost cutting. When she allegedly does it as a volunteer. Without charge
Volunteers need flights and accommodation.....
Old 1 Mar 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3212535)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so whos' driving it now? Locals?
Old 3 Mar 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3213627)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I notice that the powers that be in the control room made another blunder this weekend, in not penalising Mr Courtney for his 'bump n run' on Mr McLaughlin late in the race today.

I wonder if there will be an explanation around how that incident is different from Mr Bright nudging other people, or indeed Mr Courtney from the day before doing something very close to that.

Or do we stay in the land of mushrooms?
Old 3 Mar 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3213652)   #9
b195
Rookie

b195 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a feeling Courtney might escape sanction for that, it was on the borderline of being penalised I felt (with it also appearing to be an accident rather than a punt, not that that really means anything), so I had a sneaky feeling he would escape. Courtney was saved I suspect by McLaughlin's 'save', in that he only ended up slightly off line and only lost a couple of places. Had Scott ended up nose first in the tyres or even just toured the grass I suspect we'd have a different result for JC.

However, it does potentially open up a can of worms on how much nose-to-tail contact is OK and how much is too much (considering the contact was completely in the back of the car, rather than someone punting/tapping someone in the rear quarter panel or turning in on another car).

Interesting that both Skaife and Crompton felt it was worth a penalty (whereas sometimes they don't think so when I do!)

Also, considering the amount of damage to other cars (or even disregarding it), 15 points for Mr Bright seems a fairly light penalty - I thought 25 points was generally the minimum for post-race penalties last season?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 02:46 (Ref:3214327)   #10
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Apparently Noonz bailed up McConkin and it was explained to him that Scotty Mac had been blocking for a number of laps and was about to be warned for doing so, as such the incident was not penalised.

Not sure on that reasoning, as it could lead to NASCAR style antics
Old 5 Mar 2013, 05:50 (Ref:3214369)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Apparently the V8SA group have also made a change to the Safety Car, with Ms Anderson being relieved of the role...
Old 5 Mar 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3214373)   #12
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I notice that the powers that be in the control room made another blunder this weekend, in not penalising Mr Courtney for his 'bump n run' on Mr McLaughlin late in the race today.

I wonder if there will be an explanation around how that incident is different from Mr Bright nudging other people, or indeed Mr Courtney from the day before doing something very close to that.

Or do we stay in the land of mushrooms?
McConville not favouring his old team mate at all????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 5 Mar 2013, 06:27 (Ref:3214374)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
McConville not favouring his old team mate at all????
Knowing that all eyes are on him early in his new role, you would think that he ensured that he gets it right early and doesn't set a bad precedent. The Courtney incident should have seen him penalised, however there was no favouritism as you are alluring to, just a poor decision.
McConville has made things a little difficult for himself early and you can bet that there are people waiting to jump on him when the next similar type incident occurs.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3214378)   #14
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Apparently the V8SA group have also made a change to the Safety Car, with Ms Anderson being relieved of the role...
Axeman was well ahead here, as above for 28/2/13.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3214780)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence View Post
Axeman was well ahead here, as above for 28/2/13.
correct!

So who drove it on the weekend? And was Ms Schofield in the passenger seat? Seems she is being utilised elsewhere...