Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Should the main game drivers stay in their regular cars in the enduros??
Yes 37 52.86%
No 27 38.57%
Dont Care 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Sep 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3137621)   #201
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Let the teams that want to team the drivers up do it, the teams that want to split their drivers split... why does the series over complicate the rules process so much?

Is it right that teams can be told who can and can't drive their cars?

That didn't seem to be an issue to the 'great unwashed' for what, 47 years at Bathurst..... why did it suddenly become an issue in 2010?
How is it an over complication.

1 rule. lead drivers have to stay in there car, pretty simple

of course its right that the teams can be told. Its the rules of series they run under. There are lots of rules like this in the series, let me give you a simple ones. you must use the chosen dunlop tyre at bathurst, you must use the chosen diff ratio, you must use 6 forward gears. you must put on a Dunlop hat if you are on the podium.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3137644)   #202
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you guys reckon, Lowndes and Whingecup or Davidson and Frosty really want to drive together when they are so close in the in championship??

I would think they would want to try and get more points than each other rather than just split the points; Well maybe it would depend who is in front and who is behind on the points table

PS, don't just use this post to beat your drum about how Bathurst should not be counted in the championship
Old 18 Sep 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3137655)   #203
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The drivers primary concern is winning Bathurst, not gaining points on their teammates. The use of the name Whingecup isn't funny or smart.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3137730)   #204
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Brad Jones representitive voted on the rule changes. before 2010.
That is what a democracy is all about Pecky, doesn't mean he voted for it.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3137802)   #205
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV_08 View Post
The drivers primary concern is winning Bathurst, not gaining points on their teammates. The use of the name Whingecup isn't funny or smart.
Yeah thanks for the tip DV_08, I will be sure to take it on board....

PS they can still win Bathurst as well..
Old 20 Sep 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3138958)   #206
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think i aknowledged you had a point of view.

"i liked having 3 cars racing at the end, you like having 2, some how you think 2 is more strategic. "

thats the result of what you want.

you claim the racing was better in the middle of the race, for some unsubstantiated reason. I will claim that it wasnt. I will use as evidence this often repeated quote "its a 6 hour sprint race"

I will also point out the the middlle of the race was never that intetresting, same as now. Its was all about not making an error and looking after the car and having it well positioned for the final stage. In 2005 Todd Kelly (a lead driver sharing the car) told us how the tactic was to set the times, if drivers wanted to go passed to let them, as it was all about what happened at the end. Thats not some fancy mid race fight that you suggest happened
You acknowledged by telling me I'm wrong and took my point of view to an absurd conclusion.

I'm saying that the decision should be up to the teams.

I'm saying that the costs have, indisputably, skyrocketed for the teams and there is no tangible improvement to the racing.

I gave you a like-for-like example of this, and you extrapolated it to think that the leading 2 cars finishing 2 seconds apart at Bathurst was inferior to the leading 3 cars finishing 5 seconds apart at the Sandown 500.

I personally feel that the 500 is less of a race due to this rule. Others disagree, that's fine - it is a subjective thing.

The reason some teams want to change is the cost.

Other teams don't because they feel they'd lose out competitively.

Reasonable folk are saying it should be the teams call.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3138996)   #207
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
You acknowledged by telling me I'm wrong and took my point of view to an absurd conclusion.

I'm saying that the decision should be up to the teams.

I'm saying that the costs have, indisputably, skyrocketed for the teams and there is no tangible improvement to the racing.

I gave you a like-for-like example of this, and you extrapolated it to think that the leading 2 cars finishing 2 seconds apart at Bathurst was inferior to the leading 3 cars finishing 5 seconds apart at the Sandown 500.

I personally feel that the 500 is less of a race due to this rule. Others disagree, that's fine - it is a subjective thing.

The reason some teams want to change is the cost.

Other teams don't because they feel they'd lose out competitively.

Reasonable folk are saying it should be the teams call.
the teams have made a call, they are splitting the co drivers.