Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Jun 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2236872)   #26
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Eddi?

How on earth do you get hold of this stuff from norway?

Is it the same coverage as used to be on the Sports Seen VHS tapes that you sometiems see on Ebay?
If it was for myself I would just order it via their website, using a credit card.

TV Media is the successor of Morten Berg’s Kanal 3 TV. Whoever had the TV rights of the ERC, Belgian "Cypriot" Eric Bessems, British "Austrian" Brian Kreisky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3055915.stm), Briton Paul Hargreaves etc. did cooperate with Morten Berg. Therefore, Morten was the only one who took pictures over all these years (1978–1995) and was able to produce a COMPLETE video package. I guess that a lot of his material can be found on these Sports Seen stuff, but nobody can find 18 consecutive ERC years anywhere else but with TV Media.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2901947)   #27
Lotuseater
Rookie

United Kingdom
France
Lotuseater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Don’t know! Did not see Paul H. for many years.
I am Paul Hargreaves of World Action Sports Productions and I now live in France. I am trying to contact Morten Berg of Kanal 3. We worked together on filming ERC in the early 90's. Much of which is now viewable on line. But I would like to get more from Morten.

Anyone remember the Internations Cup at Croft in 1990? That too is now online or will be very soon.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2901948)   #28
Lotuseater
Rookie

United Kingdom
France
Lotuseater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe View Post
wheres is Mr Hargreaves now, maybe its worth finding him to get them onto dvd
www.rallymerchandise.com have rallycross merchandise and 07 ERC dvd which I might get
I am Paul Hargreaves of World Action Sports Productions and I am trying to contact Morten Berg of Kanal 3. We worked together on filming ERC in the early 90's. Much of which is now viewable on line. Anyone remember the Internations Cup at Croft in 1990? That too is now online or will be very soon.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2901958)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cool beans Paul, I think I bought just about every video you guys ever made about rallycross! Be great to see a few more bits about, especially some of the unedited stuff!! For us diehard freaks of course

Am sure someone like Eddi (rxguru) might be able to help you with your request
]
Old 21 Jun 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2902767)   #30
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rallyc...00001101551518

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rallyc...00001259732614

Hi Paul, long time no see!

Baldy Morten is out of Kanal 3 TV for many a year already. The company is nowadays called TV Media Produksjon AS and run by Henning Isdal. henning@tv-media.no All to be found on Facebook.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2923089)   #31
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WASP stuff was mint and I still have the VHS
Most of my stuff came through David Winstanley

Would be good to get old stuff on dvd again.
I wonder where Croft Video Productions man is nowadays as they must have some rare footage worth dvd'ing
Old 7 Jul 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2923165)   #32
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Winstanley is alright I guess, as long as he doesnt talk! Or write his own jingles, or get his mates to do the presenting!
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3318337)   #33
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the massive thread resurrection, but this seemed a relevant place to post.

Just been pointed out to me (thanks Dex!) that Duke will be offering a 2013 "European RallyCross Championship" (so I'm assuming thats RallycrossRX) season review DVD:

http://www.dukevideo.com/prd4411/Eur...ip-Review-2013
(Guessing the cover image will be updated! )

I may be in the minority, but I like having the season reviews on disc and have missed the DVD's the last few years, so fingers crossed this is a good one. The last few Duke WRC season reviews have been excellent, hope they can produce something of a similar quality.
Old 2 Nov 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3326393)   #34
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post but, for those of you who are interested (possibly no one given that no one replied to my last post in this thread!), I see the 2013 season review DVD now has an updated cover image and, according to the latest Duke catalogue, will be two discs with a running time of 400 minutes.

Really looking forward to it if that is the case, as that would be a decent 40+ minutes of coverage for each round.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3327022)   #35
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, when did Duke start offering the option to download DVDs?

Not that I am just posting here to keep you happy
Old 5 Nov 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3327426)   #36
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
Interesting, when did Duke start offering the option to download DVDs?

Not that I am just posting here to keep you happy
Hurrah, a reply!

Sure Duke have had been offering downloads for well over a year now. Up until a few years ago I had avoided buying directly from Duke as they are quite pricey, but this new "reward" system they offer has made it worth paying a couple of £ more with them.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3327518)   #37
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is also good to see that the WRC dvd review is back too. I can't believe it was dropped last year.

I get bought BRC/WRC/Rallycross DVDs as 'easy' Christmas presents and always enjoy them. However I do wonder if the days of the DVD review are coming to an end with the amount of free download content that exists.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3327528)   #38
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
It is also good to see that the WRC dvd review is back too. I can't believe it was dropped last year.
As I understand it that wasn't something that Duke had any control over, I believe it was due to the collapse of North One. Glad to see the WRC review is back this year and, from the description, looks to contain a similar amount of coverage as the 2011 DVD.

I have already tipped the missus off that the 2013 WRC DVD would be a welcome Christmas present. The RallycrossRX DVD I have already pre-ordered myself though!

Quote:
However I do wonder if the days of the DVD review are coming to an end with the amount of free download content that exists.
Sadly I do think this is the case. I like to have "proper" DVD's sitting on the shelf, but I think I'm in the minority these days: most of my peers seem to prefer downloading stuff.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3462872)   #39
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the massive thread resurrection (and double post), but good news for rallycross DVD fans...

http://www.dukevideo.com/prd4412/Wor...014-2-Disc-DVD

...World Rallycross season review DVD due for release 15/01/2015.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3463018)   #40
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Forgive the massive thread resurrection (and double post), but good news for rallycross DVD fans...

http://www.dukevideo.com/prd4412/Wor...014-2-Disc-DVD

...World Rallycross season review DVD due for release 15/01/2015.
Good news - but AFTER Christmas again??? And they wonder why they don't sell that many...
Old 13 Oct 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3464357)   #41
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Good news - but AFTER Christmas again??? And they wonder why they don't sell that many...
Yeah, not a great move that. Last years rallycross DVD came out in early December, I assume the late date for Argentina has pushed that back this year.

No date on the WRC season review DVD yet. Seem to recall that came out very late last year, hopefully they can get that one out before Christmas this time round.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3487664)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Just received a dispatch notification for the World Rallycross DVD, so it looks like the release has been bought forward.

Not likely I'm going to receive it before Christmas, but hopefully it will arrive before the end of the year!
Old 24 Dec 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3487727)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In Latin America we have the Magi Kings on January 6.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3860507)   #44
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the thread bump, but I found the 2019 Duke catalogue on my doorstep last night and, having had a peruse through it, I was rather disappointed to see that there was no 2018 World Rallycross DVD listed.

I wonder if we can expect one in the new year, or if they aren't bothering this year?
Old 20 Nov 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3864537)   #45
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a few, and I wager they will release one after the series are over.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3864546)   #46
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
I have a few, and I wager they will release one after the series are over.
According to Duke Video (who I emailed after posting here) there won't be a 2018 World Rallycross DVD. Very disappointing!