Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3226922)   #51
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine just went blank but back working after a refresh but keeps spinning every so often.
If it happened last year im guessing its the speed, wired or are you using wireless?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3226923)   #52
simmo151
Rookie

England
Cheltenham
simmo151 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good start to the season then...
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3226925)   #53
Apex Predator
Rookie

Wales
Apex Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex92 View Post
Mine just went blank but back working after a refresh but keeps spinning every so often.
If it happened last year im guessing its the speed, wired or are you using wireless?
It was wireless, I've now switched to wired but it's no better than before
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3226931)   #54
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
It was wireless, I've now switched to wired but it's no better than before
Strange
Only thing I can suggest is to clear your cache and run a speed test. It might be your speed is to slow to cope.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3226934)   #55
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am also trying to watch online and the stream is breaking up. However it has just got a bit better.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3226936)   #56
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bit hit and miss with online viewing here too.

I see Wrathall's car has failed ride height check with only a few minutes remaining.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3226937)   #57
Apex Predator
Rookie

Wales
Apex Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex92 View Post
Strange
Only thing I can suggest is to clear your cache and run a speed test. It might be your speed is to slow to cope.
Cleared the cache and did a speed test, download speed is 2.72 Mb/s

Ah well, finished now anyway. Thanks for the suggestions though, much appreciated. At least there'll be no streaming for race day. And the later rounds shouldn't be a problem either as I'll be back in my uni house, much better broadband there.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3226938)   #58
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine dropped just as the red flag went green again, that was the only problem.

Bit of a muted end to the session with the snow, but Andrew Jordan on pole and still no clearer for who is consistantly quick.

David Addison as lead commentator is a brilliant choice from the ITV team, really looking forwards to tomorrow now.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3226941)   #59
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that was all a little anti climactic. Good to see the season finally starting after what feels like ages. And how much better than Moody is the new commentator!
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3226942)   #60
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't believe you said that ...

He is one of the finest circuit commentators ever and a really nice guy.

http://www.crash.net/btcc/news/18847...mmentator.html

I thought that he did a brilliant job just now in qualifying ... and more than a match against the other guy ... ... Sorry Tim !!!!

I think that they will be a brilliant pairing.

Glad that I wasn't out there today clacking in the bitter cold.

I felt cold just watching it from the comfort of my lounge.

Retirement does have it's benefits ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Not convinced on Addison yet but lets give him the benefit of the doubt for a few meetings until we decide on if he's any good or not.
I assume Porche money means he'll have to fill time during their processions too, hope he's up to THAT task.
(Tho I heard an interview with him really saying he loves all forms of motorsport, except for Caterham racing? What's with the random slagging of one of the best examples of racing there is? )

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 30 Mar 2013 at 16:42.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3226943)   #61
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had unbroken coverage from beginning to end thanks to BT Infnity 2 - a rarity I have to confess.

A pity the weather put the mockers on the session... otherwise I think it could have been entertaining. I have to say that David Addison is a fantastic commentator. He may not be quite at the Ben Edwards level, but hell he's streets ahead of the Moody man.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3226948)   #62
Sjoestrem
Rookie

Poland
Szubin
Sjoestrem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First BTCC session watched in my life
I have many problems with change my IP, but finally I use my web browser options and free proxies from UK and it's all good now
I can watch only last 10 minutes of the session despite my problems but at least I know what I have to do to watch races tomorow

Results a little bit strange for me, but I'm glad that Jordan won the qual
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3226952)   #63
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I had unbroken coverage from beginning to end thanks to BT Infnity 2 - a rarity I have to confess.

A pity the weather put the mockers on the session... otherwise I think it could have been entertaining. I have to say that David Addison is a fantastic commentator. He may not be quite at the Ben Edwards level, but hell he's streets ahead of the Moody man.
Addison was fantastic. Really intelligent and comes up with good points. I rate him above Ben Edwards, who I always felt dumbed down his commentary for the BTCC and just resorted to shouting and coming out with cliches like "the youngster" for any driver under 30.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3226953)   #64
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problems at all.

Perfect from start to finish ...

and I am glad that all of you ( so far ) rate David Addison as very good ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
How's everyone's viewing going on the ITV player? Mine's stuttering so much it's almost unviewable. I had this problem during some of the qualifying sessions last year, but not as bad as this. It's happening on both my laptop and my phone. Is it to do with the devices, my router or the player?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3226956)   #65
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone willing to bet against Lea Wood winning the JS trophy ?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3226968)   #66
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
anyone willing to bet against Lea Wood winning the JS trophy ?
Only if he suffers an accident or sells the car.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3226974)   #67
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Only if he suffers an accident or sells the car.
technically he could win 14-15 races in the first half and not even bother to enter 2nd half and still win it
Old 30 Mar 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3226976)   #68
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anywhere I can watch qualifying? I was at work
Old 30 Mar 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3226984)   #69
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
technically he could win 14-15 races in the first half and not even bother to enter 2nd half and still win it
Sell it, drive an ngtc for the remainder of the season and still win.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3226992)   #70
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've made an observation about the Hard cars. They aren't carrying any manufacturer badges, which is unusual for a team with newbuild cars. A silent protest about not getting any support? We know Gilham and Onslow-Cole were trying to get VW backing for the Passat project.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3226993)   #71
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I've made an observation about the Hard cars. They aren't carrying any manufacturer badges, which is unusual for a team with newbuild cars. A silent protest about not getting any support? We know Gilham and Onslow-Cole were trying to get VW backing for the Passat project.
neither Special Tuning, AMD , Rob Austin or the failed TH Motorsport Skoda got any backing from VAG so why was Gilham thinking to get some ?

and Rob Austin actualy showed potential with some podiums...

perhaps he should have approached other manufacterers like some Japanese , Korean, French ??
Old 30 Mar 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3226995)   #72
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
neither Special Tuning, AMD , Rob Austin or the failed TH Motorsport Skoda got any backing from VAG so why was Gilham thinking to get some ?

and Rob Austin actualy showed potential with some podiums...
There's a big difference. STR and AmD are S2000 cars that were bought in from elsewhere. I don't think Rob Austin has bothered to chase up any support from Audi, especially as the car isn't as the factory intended anyway, with it's RWD layout.

Why wouldn't Gilham go up to VW with his project and try to get some help? Dan Welch did the same with Proton, who said they were supportive, but would only keep an eye on things with regard to maybe some more serious support in the future, if things turned out alright.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3226999)   #73
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
There's a big difference. STR and AmD are S2000 cars that were bought in from elsewhere.
Indeed but back in 2010 when they entered some support from VAG wouldn't have been bad

Quote:
I don't think Rob Austin has bothered to chase up any support from Audi, especially as the car isn't as the factory intended anyway, with it's RWD layout.
I always wondered why he choose an Audi to start with but I do think he may tried considering he complained about things being expensive in interviews and even missing some rounds

Quote:
Why wouldn't Gilham go up to VW with his project and try to get some help? Dan Welch did the same with Proton, who said they were supportive, but would only keep an eye on things with regard to maybe some more serious support in the future, if things turned out alright.
given VAG's rather poor track record in helping privateers perhaps some other dealers/ brands like KIA who could really uses some exposure plus the Passat looks to fat / big for BTCC , actually the Passat might be the biggest and heavist car on the grid !!!!

maybe Mazda would have been interested in NGTC version of new 6
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FY5MFyumEn...azda6top11.jpg
Old 30 Mar 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3227009)   #74
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Addison as commentator: he is incredibly sharp. Great commentary, and love that he's already picked up on Tim getting mixed up with drivers on the same team haha!

Shame about Turks, but it will be huge fun watching him fight from the back. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 30 Mar 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3227011)   #75
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a manufacuter wants to get involved in motorsport, they'll do it at a time and in a way that suits their marketing strategy. Not as and when a private race team wants to garner their support. If the reason for no badges is related to a failed attempt at backing, then it would be highly unprofessional to remove the badges 'in protest'.

I doubt that's the case however.