Have been put back until June.

Bugger.

Then August, then.....
Old 17 Feb 2004, 16:23 (Ref:877137)   #2
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I suppose its to make them even better.

Can't wait for GT4.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 16:27 (Ref:877145)   #3
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read a review that said GT4 was pretty much the same as GT3. The choice of cars are a bit better and the Honda Civic was singled out, but other than that I think it's just the on-line play that's the clincher.

Like Tomb Raider, as I finished each I said, Never again, been there done that, how long can pulling and pushing blocks be interesting for. But each time it came out I'd be there. And then I play them again every couple of years. so no doubt Polyphonic will get some of my hard earned coffers.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 16:40 (Ref:877162)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least they are not rushing the games....delays come about usually for good reasons.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 18:46 (Ref:877344)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KPC
I read a review that said GT4 was pretty much the same as GT3. The choice of cars are a bit better and the Honda Civic was singled out, but other than that I think it's just the on-line play that's the clincher.

Like Tomb Raider, as I finished each I said, Never again, been there done that, how long can pulling and pushing blocks be interesting for. But each time it came out I'd be there. And then I play them again every couple of years. so no doubt Polyphonic will get some of my hard earned coffers.
How can you review GT4, when it is not even close to release. It was probably the Prolugue game that was revied.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:53 (Ref:877542)   #6
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope so - GT4 should have A LOT more cars than GT3.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:52 (Ref:877862)   #7
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heh, i can wait for gt4. gt3 was boring and ssr11 shouldnt have been in in the sad state its in now. whyd the fia have to cut its balls off? monaco is off too.

... as far as racing goes, i just want the scc and ptc mods for f1c.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:25 (Ref:877903)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco is off?
cote Azure? that stinks it was a well done track, they can't ban a city track can they? it happens to have a layout like Monaco- does the FIA own rights to these tracks?
it would rule if they put the nurburgring in it.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:32 (Ref:878057)   #9
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bet we'd be surprised (and horrified) at just how extensive the FIAs control of these rights are. Nurburgring (the real one, obviously) would be good, but Project Gotham 2 already has that, so I don't know if Sony would be able to get the rights as well.

Actually, although I usually prefer real tracks on these games, the GT crew usually do a good job and some of the tracks, like Grand Valley, are becoming almost as much a part of the games as the cars so I'm happy to see them stay.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:44 (Ref:878070)   #10
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember, theres talk of up to 100 tracks. Plenty of scope for real and excellent made-up tracks.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:49 (Ref:878078)   #11
krt917
Veteran

Wow, 100 tracks?! Thaa would be impressive. And yes, that leaves plenty of scope for real and fantasy circuits.

Old 18 Feb 2004, 19:41 (Ref:878626)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
Monaco is off?
cote Azure? that stinks it was a well done track, they can't ban a city track can they? it happens to have a layout like Monaco- does the FIA own rights to these tracks?
it would rule if they put the nurburgring in it.
its twice as wide as it should be as well as the first half of the track being slighlty off. but, other tracks, like seatle, gets as narrow as whaat manco should be
Old 18 Feb 2004, 20:11 (Ref:878653)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA have no control over circuit use in games. They are afterall in use in many series that are not FIA run. It is upto the developers to get individual licenses.

Le Mans is not avaialable as they have an exclusive license with the developer of the new LM/LMES/ALMS game.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 01:02 (Ref:879980)   #14
frimoto cremasy
Rookie

frimoto cremasy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Le Mans is not avaialable as they have an exclusive license with the developer of the new LM/LMES/ALMS game.
when will that be out and what it be on
Old 20 Feb 2004, 01:31 (Ref:879998)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by frimoto cremasy
when will that be out and what it be on
It was announced at PLM in 2002 I belive. Should be out by Christmas at the latest on PS2, XBOX and probably PC.