Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Oct 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1112813)   #1
TKR#1
Rookie

New Zealand
TKR#1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conformation for Kiwis

As I had not seen anything concrete about the rumoured Baird defection from TKR, I used the e-mail link on their web site and here is the reply.
Hi Rob

David John here.

Craig has already advised TKR that he will be turning his back on TKR after standing in front of 100 plus supporters and sponsors back two months ago where he advised that everyone that we had agreed to a new two year contract that would have seen Baird in the TKR car for the 2005 and 2006 seasons.

However it is now obvious Craig is not a man of his word and yes he is going to WPS.

I can understand the money side of it but still ethics have always played an important part in my business dealings and when I agree to something I follow it through.

TKR and our sponsors are disappointed but in the same breath are excited about the future opportunities that have already presented themselves.

Will keep you informed.

All we kiwis can do is hope that the strength that has been TKR to date can take yet another gut blow and prosper.

Long live TKR.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1112834)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didnt his already get confirmed by a certain team sponsor whose words were extremely similar to these?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Oct 2004, 00:22 (Ref:1112965)   #3
TKR#1
Rookie

New Zealand
TKR#1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Evo said pretty much the same thing, but this is straight from the Boss. And what's missing is the shear dissappointment from what has happened of late to this team. However, talking to David this morning, it will only lead to bigger and better things for this determined bunch of people. Watch this space in a couple of weeks.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 00:37 (Ref:1112976)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So given the disappointment level in Mr Baird.... is it conceptually possible he will be replaced next weekend?
Old 2 Oct 2004, 00:41 (Ref:1112982)   #5
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The RAT is a high profiled Kiwi looking for a drive ?
Old 2 Oct 2004, 00:44 (Ref:1112985)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
But TKR dont have $700k a year to pay him
Old 2 Oct 2004, 01:33 (Ref:1113012)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the Rat could bring some sponsorship into the team.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 04:54 (Ref:1113056)   #8
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a real shame for TKR and Holden if Bairdo does drive for WPS next year. Which if the boss says he will than he will certainly do....

He also has a realy strong friendship with Morris and the Sirromet team which will not be able to be continued in the racing side of things unfortunately.

I wouldn't blame him for seeing the money side of it, he really deserves it, and I rate him amongst some of the best drivers in the V8 field.

As GTR mentioned in another thread, there are a crapload of WPS drivers but probably just the two cars...
Old 2 Oct 2004, 05:40 (Ref:1113059)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well this could well be an opportunity for Rattie...if all goes well.

Mr Rattie has been sniffing for a team, and the departure of Bairdo could well provide the engagement of Rattie and TKR, whereby Rattie forgoes some income in return for an equity position.

That would kill two birds with one stone for Rattie and TKR and have all the right ingredients to bolster TKR to the next level.

Now I am in no way suggesting that this will happen, rather just happily foruming up ideas on how to shift TKR further along.

Surely Rattie would be welcomed by Holden too as he does have a following in Australasia - referred to a couple of years back in an NZ magazine as having "rock star" status in Australasia if I remember rightly.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 05:56 (Ref:1113064)   #10
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
The Rat in a Holden???

That would be like Carlos Spencer playing for Canterbury!
Old 2 Oct 2004, 06:02 (Ref:1113068)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who gives a rat's ass - that is rugby. Carlos is now a cafe man....and is possibly trialling for the All Whites on that basis

No Rat pun intended
Old 2 Oct 2004, 06:11 (Ref:1113076)   #12
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Im a league boy, so I wouldn't give a Rats either...

Interesting situation for the Ratman though, he has told the media hes staying in Aus, he isn't handcuffed to Ford, so his options include TKR as well as...

#5 FPV
#6 CAT(Rat in the Cat! Imagine the hats you could sell!)
#23 Tasman
#34 Garrys 2IC driver

And a couple of others maybe.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 06:33 (Ref:1113083)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Plus the works GM-Chevrolet-Daewoo Lacetti for RML in the ETCC.... that is more likely than the Rat to TKR....
Old 2 Oct 2004, 06:42 (Ref:1113087)   #14
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Dead right GTR, plus an option in NASCAR, Formula 1 and GT Production.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1113110)   #15
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hmnn Seems that David J will be making an 'announcement' on Monday morning concerning the new plan. No hints on what is in the wind so it will be interesting.

As an aside and not wishing to criticise (although I suspect I am about to.) David John is a very approachable bloke and is a master at making everybody that he meets in the way of TKR Suporters very comfortable and an important part of the Team structure. You can phone him up, He phones us too and will always give honest and frank replies to emails. I am not too 'comfortable' that those 'personal' emails should be transcribed onto this, or any Forum for everybody to see. Maybe it's just me, I KNOW DJ is a very public figure and he steers a large 'Supporter funded' and therefore very public Organisation that has to be accountable to those Supporters but personally, I would not transcribe a personal letter or Email that I had received from him, or anybody else for that matter that involved Team politics.
Tell me I'm crazy or sensitive or nambypamby if you like but that what I think.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1113175)   #16
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well to make an announcement so quick would mean to me that porter will be behind the wheel next year.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1113209)   #17
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You wouldnt like to bet on it would you nicko.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1113265)   #18
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Nope, you're not the only one who found the email being published on the forums a bit strange BAZzzzz C.

Ahh well, roll on Bathurst and GO TKR
Old 2 Oct 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1113536)   #19
vipernz
Rookie

vipernz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope David Johns reads this thread and takes stock of the people he emails. I would say at a guess a few people may not be getting friendly advance information from TKR anymore.

Bad form in my opinion.

A bit like what the said driver has done to TKR.

It will be intersting to see if Baird enjoys his time at WPS and when he is walking in the door for the first time he should ask what its like to work for Gore as Besnard is walking out the door for the last time.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1113618)   #20
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 2 Oct 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1113619)   #21
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bezzy is confirmed next year with Baird
Old 3 Oct 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1114414)   #22
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Didnt his already get confirmed by a certain team sponsor whose words were extremely similar to these?
Yes correct GTR, It does sound a little similar, given that I speak to Mr John on a regular basis and the post was written after a discussion with him over the phone on the topic, whilst I was sitting in a Brisbane hotel room.

Last edited by Evomike; 3 Oct 2004 at 23:15.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 00:13 (Ref:1114439)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sitting in Brisbane? Does that mean we will be able to enjoy the pleasure of your company at Bathurst?
Old 4 Oct 2004, 00:28 (Ref:1114453)   #24
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Sitting in Brisbane? Does that mean we will be able to enjoy the pleasure of your company at Bathurst?
No unfortunately I am now sitting back in the cold of Auckland. I will be watching like most plebs, on TV.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 01:07 (Ref:1114468)   #25
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Crickey, how prophetic EVO (and welcome back to Paradise Lost,weather wise) Your signature piece used to say GO Bairdo......... and he HAS.!!