Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Mar 2004, 15:59 (Ref:902088)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jordans decline -designers

Can anyone help me?
I'm trying to remember/piece together the way jordan went downhill after getting close to winning a WDC in '99.

Obviously (as some famous designer(patrick?) said)
they were not really THAT close to the top and spending big was an error of timing.They should have been a little more realistic and let the growth be more gradual.

As i recall,the next years car was built superlight and performed pretty well but had horrid reliability.
After that i think gascoine left for a new challenge and eddie grabbed that guy that did the aero work for the 2000/2001(?) model arrows.What was his name?Indian i recall.
The trouble was that the great performance (relatively)of the arrows was mostly the work of another engineer*.So eddie got a dud!In fact i think he was sacked before the season was far underway-something about designing the front suspension members wrong so that they broke the rules?

Any thoughts or facts that can be added/corrected?

*I think it was frank dernie ,the guy who helped out williams last year.I wonder how much input he had as to the great leap in performance mid season?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 16:07 (Ref:902097)   #2
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Eghbal Hamidy is the Indian fellow you are referring to.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 16:09 (Ref:902098)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My spelling could be wrong. Yes, he turned out to be a dud.

Speaking of duds, how about Brunner at Toyota? Poor Mike, he's got a heck of a job to do.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 16:10 (Ref:902102)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Eghbal Hamidy is from the Mid-East. Anyway. Could it be also Mike Coughlan, now at McLaren, the guy who did the A21?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 18:38 (Ref:902228)   #5
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eghbal Hamidy is an Iranian engineer.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 18:43 (Ref:903630)   #6
TALAMASCA
Rookie

TALAMASCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was hamidy .... basically they didnt get a works engine that year and had horrid reliabilty the next year
Old 12 Mar 2004, 18:49 (Ref:903634)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't Eghbal Hamidy's first Jordan beneath the minimum dimensions required or something? I think that is what led to his sacking.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 23:00 (Ref:903860)   #8
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah that's the guy i think Jordi-mike coughlan.
From what i've read and seen it seems it may have been mainly him that was responsible for the reletively good performance of the arrows.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 23:16 (Ref:903880)   #9
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Losing Honda to BAR was the nail in the coffin but it started at the beginning of that last Honda year when the car turned out to be a dog.
They're best years (aside from year one-1991) was when they had the Mugen engine (back door Honda). I have never understood why Honda didn't just let Mugen do it. They haven't done any better themselves.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 23:17 (Ref:905386)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Wasn't Eghbal Hamidy's first Jordan beneath the minimum dimensions required or something? I think that is what led to his sacking.
Yeah I heard that Hamidys Jordan was super radical, super cutting edge, super illegal and super expensive hence a shody redesign and his sacking.