Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2900189)   #51
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
The short answer to that is that they have Adrian Newey. I believe he is a more important part of producing a winning car than any driver.
And can Newey continue to provide better cars? Don't get me wrong, he is very very good, but Mclaren, Ferrari also have very good designers - and it only takes one mistake by RB, or one epiphany by the others, to put either of those in front of the Red Bull. Look at the Honda that then became the all conquering Brawn. One good idea won them the championship.

So far Newey has come up with the goods - can he do it four years in a row? Unlikely, but not necessarily impossible.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2900518)   #52
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder why people still talk about the RB as if it were the all conquering 2002 Ferrari or something. If it were, a competent driver like Webber who is I think better than Barrichello would have a lot more 2nd place finishes by now.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2900680)   #53
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
From the interview with Adrian Newey at:

http://www.formula1.com/news/intervi...1/6/12187.html

If this is a dig at who I think it is then absolutely definitely not?

Q: But then how would you rate Sebastian? He is just 23 years-old but already world champion…
AN:
The very special thing with Sebastian is how mature he is at this age. I’ve seen so often that when drivers suddenly rise from obscurity to incredible stardom and fame that it goes to their head. They lose ground and their head gets a bit too big. Sebastian is remarkably level headed. He is a very private man and isn’t into the fame at all. He thinks a lot about what he does and rarely makes the same mistake twice. And he is very hard working. He is always in the paddock in the evening, speaking with his engineers, going through the data and reflecting on what he did in the car. I think that’s one thing all great drivers have in common.