Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3247872)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
What you would prefer, an orange livery, or a red / white?

Old 15 May 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3247873)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Its great news for all the obvious reasons regarding Honda..
If Honda is going to be to McLaren what Renault is currently to Williams, then McLaren have got some hard work to do.

But at least we have another engine manufacturer willing to take a stab at F1.

And if McLaren is going to run its car in any livery, then it should either be its current chrome livery or orange. The red and white is just too obviously a branding exercise, but it seems to be the way that Lotus have gone, so why not.
Old 15 May 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3247942)   #53
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orange livery
Old 15 May 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3247952)   #54
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Definitely orange.
Old 15 May 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3247953)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Red and white please ...
Old 15 May 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3247980)   #56
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Red and white please ...
Yes, Red and white, I'm too young to remember the orange and I'm not young!
Old 15 May 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3248011)   #57
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Orange is not my favourite colour, but a McLaren with a Honda engine and that livery would be very refreshing.
Then make it a winning car, convince Kimi or Lewis to return or hire Seb, and any of them winning a chip in that car would be something I'd love to watch.

Bernie, make it happen
Old 15 May 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3248022)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Red and white please ...
I loved the red and white. However I'm up for orange as I think it is more suitable. Although there is the chance to go with a sponsors colour, whoever.
Old 15 May 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3248108)   #59
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In many countries nowadays with cigarette advertising being so limited, we should expect to see historic liveries being rendered in vinyl wraps featuring diseased lungs.

That, or plain white cars with SMOKING KILLS all over them.

I wonder which government could be persuaded to put the money forward for that...?
Old 15 May 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3248178)   #60
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Wow !!!!
Old 16 May 2013, 00:11 (Ref:3248186)   #61
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It makes sense for Honda to enter....especially as from next year, an F1 engine doesn't have to be raced in F1 only.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3248190)   #62
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It makes sense for Honda to enter....especially as from next year, an F1 engine doesn't have to be raced in F1 only.
Indeed. There is talk suggesting that the FIA/WEC will allow F1 engines and their energy recovery systems to be used in sports cars.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3248193)   #63
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Indeed. There is talk suggesting that the FIA/WEC will allow F1 engines and their energy recovery systems to be used in sports cars.
Absolutely nothing in the rules at all to stop it happening next year. It's a pretty open secret in the sports car world that Renault was pushing hard for that to happen. Make of that what you will.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:44 (Ref:3248196)   #64
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Very sensible idea too. Better for engine makers and better for F1 teams.
Old 16 May 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3248262)   #65
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couple more minutes to go folks!!!
Old 16 May 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3248267)   #66
321Go
Veteran

Honda to supply McLaren engines from 2015.

Watch the announcement live here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/honda-news-channel-e
Old 16 May 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3248270)   #67
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was just reported on BBC 5 Live as a partnership next year, rather than 2015.

Is that correct? Didn't see the formal announcement.
Old 16 May 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3248272)   #68
321Go
Veteran

McLaren press release:

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/insi...ula-1-history/
Old 16 May 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3248281)   #69
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Absolutely nothing in the rules at all to stop it happening next year. It's a pretty open secret in the sports car world that Renault was pushing hard for that to happen. Make of that what you will.

Producing few more of them will cost Renault very little for considerable marketing and pay customer mileage.
Old 16 May 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3248296)   #70
321Go
Veteran

You bring V6 engine, I bring Jenson.

Old 16 May 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3248307)   #71
321Go
Veteran

The circle of life. Honda, to supply the once Mercedes works team. Mercedes, built from the once Honda works team.

Wonder if Honda thinks of Jenson as the girlfriend who you onced dumped. But then she married your sister to be reunited in a freaky kinda way!!
Old 16 May 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3248313)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool. Retro.
Old 16 May 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3248321)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can McLaren please get serious about the pilot in its 2nd car, and hire a 'Senna-esque' bod... (all eyes to Mr Vettel now please...)

And put Mr Dennis back in charge of the boat...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 May 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3248327)   #74
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can McLaren please get serious about the pilot in its 2nd car
Agree with you GTR, McLaren should give Jenson the boot.
Old 16 May 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3248328)   #75
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I predicted that. That was me. That was me.

And there was people who scoffed!!

They scoff no more!