Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the British Grand Prix 2014?
10 2 3.33%
9 7 11.67%
8 24 40.00%
7 14 23.33%
6 5 8.33%
5 3 5.00%
4 2 3.33%
3 0 0%
2 1 1.67%
1 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jul 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3430914)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: British Grand Prix 2014

How do you rate the British Grand Prix 2014?
Old 6 Jul 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3430971)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9. Hamilton won his home race, Bottas gets his best F1 finish and an amazing battle with Vettel and Alonso.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3430991)   #3
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. Spiced up marginally by the squabbling schoolboys Vettel and Alonso, otherwise not one of the better ones.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3431015)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loads of overtaking everywhere, only a brief 10 minutes or so with less action, but hour-long delay was a bit dull (luckily it was lunch ) so an 8 from me.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3431022)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 is probably a bit harsh, but we were robbed of a potentially great battle up front and I kept flicking channels to keep up with the Tour de Yorkshire.

Lifted by some great battles further down, another excellent result for Bottas and some entertaining radio comedy from Alonso and Vettel.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3431037)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
9. Hamilton won his home race, Bottas gets his best F1 finish and an amazing battle with Vettel and Alonso.
Agreed - but it still only nets it at 6 from me. Fell asleep for quite a while.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3431051)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If you fell asleep (a) you should try sleeping at night time, and (b) you may well have missed a lot of good bits......

Only downgraded from a 9 to an 8 for me by the long delay - I tend to agree with Niki Lauda that they could have run without the Armco being replaced - and because we lost what would have been a great inter-Mercedes battle - although I reckon Lewis would have prevailed anyway.

Lots of action throughout - really enjoyable.

How anyone could rate it 1 baffles me - I can only assume that their TV was broken...........
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3431055)   #8
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or they're a Kimi or Massa fan?
Old 6 Jul 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3431058)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the better British Grand Prix of recent years. Almost a classic. Almost. I'm going for 8/10. I'd put it as the second best race of the season - behind the Bahrain race.

Really good - plenty of action on a dry circuit. Yes - it's a shame we were robbed of a Nico and Lewis duel - but I do think that Bottas' moves and also the epic Vettel versus Alonso battle more than made up for that! Great stuff.

And who said F1 was boring?
Old 6 Jul 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3431076)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
And who said F1 was boring?
I'm pretty sure that, having seen the racing this season, all of these gimmicks to "improve the show" are totally unnecessary...
Old 6 Jul 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3431082)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a bad race. A bit of incident to begin with but a shame Rosberg went out, as I was hoping for a good battle between him and Lewis. Thoroughly enjoyed the battle with Alonso and Vettel and nice to see Lewis win his home GP. 7
Old 6 Jul 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3431094)   #12
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For the most part, this is a feel-good race. There was a bit of misfortune here and there, but some happy stories as well. Mercedes suffered another DNF, but at least it wasn't for the same driver yet again, so at least there was some sort of justice to it since Lewis has still had the lion's share of the troubles (looking at the whole season.)
Old 6 Jul 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3431100)   #13
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of points for Bottas and also for Vettel's excellent pass on Alonso. Otherwise a fairly boring race without a battle at the front and a long delay fixing some dented armco.

This Mercedes domination makes for a long boring season.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3431144)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 - Denied what was looking like a great battle between Rosberg and Hamilton, but after a few quiet laps Vettel and Alonso really went at it. The race was spiced up by Bottas' charge through as well. Overall an excellent race.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3431145)   #15
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Fascinating race, great drive by Bottas, good win for Hamilton that spices up the driver's championship, and Alonso's driving shows he's been robbed of at least two championships these past few years being in the wrong car during the wrong period.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3431151)   #16
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a great race, the odd battle down the field but overall the field was too spread out. We didn't even have a Merc battle for the lead as Nico let the petulant one play his get out of jail free card...
Old 6 Jul 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3431165)   #17
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
Not a great race, the odd battle down the field but overall the field was too spread out. We didn't even have a Merc battle for the lead as Nico let the petulant one play his get out of jail free card...

oh dear
Old 6 Jul 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3431183)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

One mark lost for the long delay. Though it was better than a prolonged "safety" car period. And I was watching a recording so I could zip through it pretty quick.

One mark lost because we missed out on what was shaping up to be a thrilling Merc battle. But again the blow is softened because it starts to even up the misfortunes of the two drivers and puts the WC back on track for some more excitement to come.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 03:35 (Ref:3431243)   #19
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me. Liked everything except the beginning.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3431288)   #20
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Entertainment and drama.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3431319)   #21
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British GP brings it again 9 for me and great to see some real raw racing battles.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3431399)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An 8 I think. Hamilton chasing Rosberg was absorbing and the Alonso/Vettel battle stepped into the breach later on with some distinction, despite the incessant whingeing of the charming former mop-top in the Red Bull.

The hour delay did make me miss a small chunk of Wimbledon though, so thanks Kimi!
Old 7 Jul 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3431450)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dropped down to a 6 for me because of the reg flag and time delay for the restart.

a one hour break on Sunday morning in the middle of summer was not for me.

alternatively i give my overall Sunday, which included a round of golf followed by a family BBQ and an epic nap, a score of 9.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3431489)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10 from me, mainly because of my proximity to the track

Loved the whole weekend, even the wet bits.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3431553)   #25
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it an 8. I really enjoyed the race, and it really did have it all.

The long delay and losing the battle between the Mercs was balanced by some great dog fights on track and the qualifying excitement also helped to claw back a point, because I think its fair to include that in the point.

Honestly, I watched the Vettel/Alonso pass several times, because you don't see wheel to wheel like that every day in any top tier motorsport.