Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 May 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3903197)   #26
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Keep this pattern running please for this season.
Bottas beating and unsettling Hamilton.
Leclerc rattling Vettel during the race..
Max coming off the line tomorrow into 2nd place at the first corner..
At least it will keep us all awake..
Old 11 May 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3903201)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Why do you think they would need to?
Why do you need to ask?
Old 11 May 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3903205)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if Mercedes continue on this path then the season is over, we need to see some real improvement in the other teams
Old 11 May 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3903208)   #29
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Why do you need to ask?
Because it's something I've read elsewhere too and I don't understand
Old 11 May 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3903209)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough. I've watched the GPs so far (albeit mainly highlights) and I believe I've seen evidence of Vettel being favoured on more than one occasion. Others are free to disagree of course.
Old 11 May 2019, 21:26 (Ref:3903213)   #31
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Isn't that what they said they would do in certain situations (50/50 I believe was the wording)? So far that's only happened in Australia as far as I can see. Leclerc was better in Bahrain so they didn't mind him passing Vettel. The rest of the time Vettel has been the faster driver, I don't think Ferrari is losing sleep over it. Rather they're losing sleep over their pace defecit to Mercedes...
Old 11 May 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3903214)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's one take on it although I've seen little to suggest yet that Vettel has been the faster driver. (the loss of sleep point is definitely on the money)
Old 11 May 2019, 21:31 (Ref:3903215)   #33
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Maybe I should say better. Not crashing in qualifying does help

Also your avatar is probably the most awesome one on this forum
Old 11 May 2019, 21:53 (Ref:3903221)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agree on the not crashing point!

Thanks re the avatar. Due for a change actually - I'll be back there to take another one in just over 4 weeks....
Old 12 May 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3903292)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Speaking of crashing...would be nice to see the Mercs take each other out.
Old 12 May 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3903295)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Speaking of crashing...would be nice to see the Mercs take each other out.
Memories of 2016.
Old 12 May 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3903303)   #37
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Well, that's done then. Bottas lets Hamilton push him around yet again.
Old 12 May 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3903304)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a bit of a hairy start, as Lewis takes the lead.
Old 12 May 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3903305)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bizarre start. Bottas fluffed it. Vettel left himself no where to go. Verstappen round the outside of T3.

This is Bottas real test now.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3903311)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just looking at the replay again...i guess Bottas was just not expecting Seb to be hanging it out there?

Hamilton took maximum advantage.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3903312)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
SC
Old 12 May 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3903313)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Hamilton going to basically get a free stop!

When LH is good he is also getting lucky...deadly combination!
Old 12 May 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3903314)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Just looking at the replay again...i guess Bottas was just not expecting Seb to be hanging it out there?

Hamilton took maximum advantage.
Was a bit strange. Vettel didn't really have any place to go, but it's worth a shot. Bottas wasn't really in control.

Stroll involved in an accident that wasn't really his fault. Norris has to take the blame for that one really.

Ferrari made a whole bunch of strange decisions again.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3903315)   #44
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Ferrari are just trying everything. They have to, just following Mercedes strategy won't do them any good.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3903316)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Ferrari are just trying everything. They have to, just following Mercedes strategy won't do them any good.
Agreed on the Leclerc tyre call. But they should've moved Vettel earlier to allow Leclerc through. And then they did the same thing in the opposite direction. They're losing time waiting on that call.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3903319)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Agreed on the Leclerc tyre call. But they should've moved Vettel earlier to allow Leclerc through. And then they did the same thing in the opposite direction. They're losing time waiting on that call.
I agree.

Restart behind safety car...this race can use some action.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3903321)   #47
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Agreed on that, they should be more decisive.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3903322)   #48
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Lewis 5 seconds in 2 laps. That's pretty dominant.
Old 12 May 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3903324)   #49
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Lewis 5 seconds in 2 laps. That's pretty dominant.

Partly due to Bottas backing off to get a shot at fastest lap?
Old 12 May 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3903325)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Partly due to Bottas backing off to get a shot at fastest lap?
Could be, but was Bottas backing off in the first 2 green flag laps? He still had to keep Max out of the DRS zone.

Nobody had an answer for Lewis. Ferrari seemed to be unable to make decisions again. I applaud the Leclerc strategy call, but decisions need made faster. And I think we've seen that the drivers are treated equally.