Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1154525)   #26
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Coulthard.

If Heidfeld was better than him, Ron would have had him in a McLaren in 2001.
This is over-simplifying things. Replacing DC would've meant replacing both drivers, which would mean McLaren having a very inexperienced driver lineup, and that's a big risk, especially when DC had achieved a lot for them and had such a good bond with his colleagues. Now that both have had an extra 4 years, DC's extra experience is less significant, and DC is perhaps nearer to being past his best. Also, the challenge of driving for a midfield team would be new to DC but bread-and-butter for Nick.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 23:52 (Ref:1154604)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DC may revel in a leadership role though - he's always been seen as the solid guy at McLaren rather than the leader.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1155748)   #28
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
David is a good choice for one of the seats.

David isn't an exceptional driver. hence while he isn't much in-demand for a top-seat, David is still a valuable driver in a 2nd-tier team.

RedBull racing is finding their feet. They need a driver with developement experience and set-up abilities, with a respectable level of speed. And David fits into the role quite well. Considering the way Jaguar is performning this year, and the instability and doubt of the team's future until now, it's unlikely RedBull racing will make much of an impact on next year's WDC/WCC challenge. On the otherhand, they should use the time to sort the car and team out for 2006. DC would be very helpful.

Klien on the otherhand can be a good candidate. He shown himself to be able to race and is potentially quick. Not neccessary WDC material, but at least he has a level of knowledge of the circuits. luzzi would fit well into the test role, for a future race seat.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 11:31 (Ref:1155831)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matt Bishop has written an article making a very good case for Davidson and Wurz to have the seats, with Liuzzi as test driver in 2005 and stepping up to the race team in 2006.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 11:36 (Ref:1155835)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this we have to wait until 2006.

http://www.formula1.com/news/2426.html
Old 17 Nov 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1155876)   #31
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wait for what Peter?

Would Wurz be available? He'd be a reasonable candidate if so, but not as good as DC or Heidfeld, both of whom have much more recent experience.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1155893)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wait for the announcement.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1155986)   #33
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why just wait when we can speculate?

And, since he was talking @ the 2005 lineup, I imagine the announcement will be made well before 2006.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1155988)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
According to this we have to wait until 2006.

http://www.formula1.com/news/2426.html

Or 2005!
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1155989)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by billiaml
Why just wait when we can speculate?

And, since he was talking @ the 2005 lineup, I imagine the announcement will be made well before 2006.
Oops
Old 17 Nov 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1156006)   #36
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Oops
And now if everyone who has never worn the would stand up,..... we'd all be still sitting down (I know I would)
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:55 (Ref:1156921)   #37
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
*stands up, then realises he tipped McLaren to take out both Championships in 2004, and promptly sits back down again*