Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Nov 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3593450)   #26
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
DTM/SGT race could still happen even with mismatch engines according to this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121967
I could win the lottery as well...

Nevermind the engines, they're (relatively) easy to balance compared to those black round things on the wheels. At the moment the only feasible solution I can see is to put all the cars on the Speckooks because the performance difference with the custom SGT tyres is huge and possibly too large to be sorted by a combination of power/aero/etc. without spiralling knock-on effects. That won't go down well with the GT500 teams though.

At least the tyre issue is being openly acknowledged now, it's been the elephant in the room for too long.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3593455)   #27
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
A rumor that Nelson Piquet Jr is interested in Super GT was told by Naoki Hattori (GTA) in the Niconico live cast.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3593464)   #28
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DTM/SGT race could still happen even with mismatch engines according to this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121967
That's great, but let's hope that there's no bickering at the end...
Old 26 Nov 2015, 21:55 (Ref:3593525)   #29
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm curious why DTM has spec Hankooks, though. The only reason I can think of is that Hankook pays quite a good amount for it.

DTM can't claim cost cuting with spec tyres because, in SuperGT, Bridgestone supplies it's tyres for free and Dunlop and Yokohama(which will always have inferior tyres to the other big two tyre manufacturers) actually pays for the few GT500 teams to run on their rubber.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3593530)   #30
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvr777 View Post
Both of Motoyama and Krumm are still competitive, I guess.
Their potentials are limited by car performance.
I agree with you on Motoyama.

Krumm was thoroughly outperformed by Daiki Sasaki this season. Unless you rate Sasaki as a revelation, Mr Kimiko Date has been substandard.

Last edited by Beryl; 26 Nov 2015 at 22:38.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3593562)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I could win the lottery as well...

Nevermind the engines, they're (relatively) easy to balance compared to those black round things on the wheels. At the moment the only feasible solution I can see is to put all the cars on the Speckooks because the performance difference with the custom SGT tyres is huge and possibly too large to be sorted by a combination of power/aero/etc. without spiralling knock-on effects. That won't go down well with the GT500 teams though.

At least the tyre issue is being openly acknowledged now, it's been the elephant in the room for too long.
I think the article confirms theres still enthusiasm for a joint race even though dtm are trying to be cheap.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3593598)   #32
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2016 Japanese Super GT

Super GT don't need DTM. Super GT should just go their own way. SGT have everything DTM don't have at the moment, exciting racing big grids full of variety and a good mix of factory and privateers. Don't fix what ain't broke.

If DTM aren't ready then Super GT shouldn't suffer because the Germans have dropped the ball.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 07:56 (Ref:3593604)   #33
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think the article confirms theres still enthusiasm for a joint race even though dtm are trying to be cheap.
So they should be, but you've highlighted the sticking point right there. ITR want to have their (minimised expenditure) cake and eat it (not being embarrassed by the GT500s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Super GT don't need DTM. Super GT should just go their own way. SGT have everything DTM don't have at the moment, exciting racing big grids full of variety and a good mix of factory and privateers. Don't fix what ain't broke.

If DTM aren't ready then Super GT shouldn't suffer because the Germans have dropped the ball.
The adoption of DTM regs hasn't saved all that much money - complications from the tub designs I think? - but JAF have made them work so you're right that DTM isn't necessary for SGT. However, JAF wants to take GT500 outside Japan (e.g. their polite enquiries about entering LM) and the teams are eager to race internationally as well. In this situation the Japanese will probably concede more than the Germans to make sure these joint races go ahead.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3593608)   #34
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
René de Boer says that German manufacturers think that there is more suitable field (F1, WEC) than DTM to do technology competition (Tire, Engine etc) in the Japanese Autosport magazine.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3593610)   #35
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Thanks for that JS.

Maybe they should have considered that before selling their regs (and the prospect of joint races) to JAF....
Old 27 Nov 2015, 09:31 (Ref:3593619)   #36
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Autosport Web :
Heikki Kovalainen wants to continue to race again at Super GT next year.
But so far no any further details yet (such as his next team etc)

http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=69784

PS : I'm not really good at Japanese, only translate it at Google
Old 27 Nov 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3593642)   #37
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
René de Boer says that German manufacturers think that there is more suitable field (F1, WEC) than DTM to do technology competition (Tire, Engine etc) in the Japanese Autosport magazine.
Good Job JS, and you too @J Jay

Rene de Boer was right , They should be considered that as well.

Speaking about DTM, DTM seem to be similar race format as SUPER FORMULA . Both are use 2.0 L4 turbo engine, despite the different body chassis .

I wonder GTA considered SUPER FORMULA expand to worldwide similar to SUPER GT will be better .
Old 27 Nov 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3593671)   #38
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
Good Job JS, and you too @J Jay

Rene de Boer was right , They should be considered that as well.

Speaking about DTM, DTM seem to be similar race format as SUPER FORMULA . Both are use 2.0 L4 turbo engine, despite the different body chassis .

I wonder GTA considered SUPER FORMULA expand to worldwide similar to SUPER GT will be better .
no
Old 27 Nov 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3593686)   #39
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

AkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAkioAsakura95 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
no
@Matt
Thx for your opinion, Then state the difference between DTM and SUPER FORMULA .
Old 27 Nov 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3593751)   #40
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkioAsakura95 View Post
I would compare Super Formula to IndyCar. Comparing DTM to Super Formula is like comparing apples to oranges.
Old 27 Nov 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3593772)   #41
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
May be they are more suitable in the German's eyes, but spec competition isnt near as good as tech competition in a high profile series like Super GT. Class 1 has potential to be huge if done right. ITR know this but they don't seemingly want to put more effort into the rules and cars than they already have.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 03:16 (Ref:3593801)   #42
AkioAsakura95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I would compare Super Formula to IndyCar. Comparing DTM to Super Formula is like comparing apples to oranges.
Then how about comparing DTM and LMP1???
If they want to do technology competition then just compare to LMP1 , But I confirm that this is the different things , so they only can compare is the speed and the lap times .

Last edited by AkioAsakura95; 28 Nov 2015 at 03:23.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3593852)   #43
MagVanisher
Veteran

@AkioAsakura95
DTM cars won't even catch LMP1 cars that much.

Quote:
May be they are more suitable in the German's eyes, but spec competition isnt near as good as tech competition in a high profile series like Super GT. Class 1 has potential to be huge if done right. ITR know this but they don't seemingly want to put more effort into the rules and cars than they already have.
Well, it would be better if they should just close DTM instead of being cheapskates every year when it comes to promotion and tech competition.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3593853)   #44
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
@AkioAsakura95
DTM cars won't even catch LMP1 cars that much.
Red Bull Ring is the only track that is visited by both LMP and DTM cars. Last year (last time they were both on dry weekends), DTM cars could barely match LMP2 times.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 11:27 (Ref:3593854)   #45
MagVanisher
Veteran

@Victor_RO
Yeah, but like I said, they can't catch up against LMP1 cars.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3593856)   #46
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Autosport magazine,
participation number of mother chassis car won't increase in 2016 despite of lot of inquiries from Japan and overseas.
GTA will fix troubles of MC car during next season to keep the reputation.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 14:30 (Ref:3593871)   #47
hvr777
Veteran

Quote:
According to Autosport magazine,
participation number of mother chassis car won't increase in 2016 despite of lot of inquiries from Japan and overseas.
GTA will fix troubles of MC car during next season to keep the reputation.
So the question isn't about another teams with MC cars, but who will buy Mahha Go 86 MC from #5 Team Mach (based on Tetsuji Tamanaka's post on FB) and improve the car.

Anyway, I think MC cars have huge potential to be competitive against other cars but only to be suffered from several troubles (and some bad lucks of course)

Last edited by hvr777; 28 Nov 2015 at 14:42.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3593880)   #48
hvr777
Veteran

I found that duo ARTA GT300 Shinichi Takagi & Takashi Kobayashi also raced at Super Taikyu with Direction Racing this year.(http://www.ksfrontier.com/super_taikyu.php)

And previously Direction Racing at Super GT planned to use 2 Huracan at 2016 season, so if ARTA doesn't have a car to compete at next season probably the duo ARTA GT300 can drive the second Huracan for next year (alongside current Direction Racing's lineup)

Well, this is only my analysis. I haven't got any further details.
Based on the duo ARTA GT300 performance, I don't think they're deserved to take sabbatical because unable to find a team...
Old 28 Nov 2015, 22:46 (Ref:3594005)   #49
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2016 Japanese Super GT

An ARTA liveried Huracan would look great but I assume the ARTA money is tied to Honda? Gairaya excepted but then again it was an ARTA project.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3594027)   #50
Makaze
Racer

Makaze has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ARTA GT300 NSX?

I wouldn't be surprise we get the news at the Tokyo Auto Salon in mid-Jan 2016.