Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 Jul 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1354897)   #1
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forsythe Reads the Riot Act

Link. Man, he sounds really ticked off!

Ted
Old 13 Jul 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1354906)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Wow. Glad that I wasn't the guy who messed it up!

Quote:
If this happens again, there will be a whole new crew in that stand.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1354909)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks again Ted.

I thought this part was particularly interesting:
"We've got the best driver. We have the most aggressive driver," said Forsythe. "He'd have won it on one wing if they hadn't run him out of fuel. It was a terrible mistake.

"He always gives 110 per cent. He never complains about the car, contrary to a lot of other drivers who look for excuses. He'll be just as aggressive this week. He sucks it up. I'm more ****ed off than he is."

The point about drivers whining seems to be far too prevelant. I think often we don't realize that PT didn't have a great car because he doens't say much about it, whereas lots of other drivers will let you know. The driver's job is to drive fast and contribute to the team.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1354956)   #4
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
mwrmt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having spent alot of time with Paul. I've never known(or heard) him complain about the car. He just drives.

Gerry sure does sound PO'd and so he should, it's not just the team that wins, but him as well and seiing as he's footing the bill, I think he deserves to vent.

Now let's get back to racing and bring on Edmonton.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1355076)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reading about complaing reminds me of all thoose times you've watched a race and heard the pit to car radio:
"Michael hit goddamnit!"
"Some one just spun me around!"
or my favorite, Bruno, who said something to the effect of: "It's not fair! Its not fair!"
Old 14 Jul 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1355101)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrmt
Having spent alot of time with Paul. I've never known(or heard) him complain about the car. He just drives.
If you're going to make a statement like that you need to fill us in on some details or no one is going to believe you. Alternatively there's a guy who goes on the IRL forum by the name of Team Owner who has suggested details that have come true and only an insider could know. I think most people believe he's what his alias suggests. Obus periodically comes on this forum and he made several statements revealing what was going to happen which later turned out to be true. Later he got into an arguement and blew his cover, revealing that he personally knew Bjorn Wirdheim. I don't know if he's been back since then.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1355104)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to 10T's, by-the-way!
I really hope that you come to enjoy it here...
I'm sure that you will.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:09 (Ref:1355123)   #8
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
If you're going to make a statement like that you need to fill us in on some details or no one is going to believe you. Alternatively there's a guy who goes on the IRL forum by the name of Team Owner who has suggested details that have come true and only an insider could know. I think most people believe he's what his alias suggests. Obus periodically comes on this forum and he made several statements revealing what was going to happen which later turned out to be true. Later he got into an arguement and blew his cover, revealing that he personally knew Bjorn Wirdheim. I don't know if he's been back since then.
I know mwrmt. I will let him explain his involvement himself. He has spent a lot of time with Paul.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:10 (Ref:1355139)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Your word is as good as it gets, Mosport. Works for me.

Again, I wish to welcome mwrmt to our "humble home".
Old 14 Jul 2005, 04:06 (Ref:1355160)   #10
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Same here. In a way I am disappointed, I was hoping you'd give us some intersting story or insight....you're still free to blow us away with some such details.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 05:26 (Ref:1355181)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome over to Ten-Tenths, MWRMT, I'm glad you're here.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1355449)   #12
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
Thanks guys and I didn't mean to leave you hanging.

I've had the privilidge to work with Paul as his massage therapist and friend since 2001.

In all that time, any problems with the car has usually been linked to "we can't get a good set-up" type explanation, especially with Player's-Forsythe. Never faulting the team entirely, with the exception of say certain fuel/tyre issues.

He'll take a poorly setup car and wring it for all it's worth. That's his job on the team. Right?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1355541)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really was Gilles-like, driving that car so fast with half-a-wing. Makes you wonder why do they put wings at all
Old 14 Jul 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1355717)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to discredit PT's great drive (as I am a fan), but I think the lack of high speed corners helped. I think Toronto requires more mechanical grip as opposed to aero.
Regardless though it was a great drive and if he had won it would have been recorded as one of the greatest ever. IMO!

From the Edmonton Sun
"The team made a mistake and miscalculated the fuel. I've made mistakes. I've crashed cars and no one yelled at me," he said.

"The look of disappointment on the crew was enough. It was a missed opportunity and we'll try to bounce back and get the win here. I've forgotten about it already. I talked to my engineer today and all we're concerned about is this weekend."
http://edmsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Thursd...31038-sun.html

I think we'll be seeing a very determined Forsythe Team this weekend.

And Welcome to the forum mwrmt
BTW how do you pronounce that?
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1355740)   #15
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
And Welcome to the forum mwrmt
BTW how do you pronounce that?
ummmm.........if you figure out how to pronounce it, LMK as well.

it's just an acronym for Mike Wilson Registered Massage Therapist or Mike Wilson RMT.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1356257)   #16
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome MW, always good to have an RMT around. Finally convinced mine to move in with me.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1356270)   #17
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine
Welcome MW, always good to have an RMT around. Finally convinced mine to move in with me.
Not to derail this thread, but just don't be expecting freebies at home all the time. Like my wife says "the mechanics car is the last fixed"

Not only that, but I don't take my work home with me.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1356274)   #18
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think in the year we've been dating I've been on the massage table maybe 3 times. But thats ok by me, I'm dating her for who she is, not what she does.

Cheers Mate