Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3718564)   #276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good luck to them. The last pink F1 car only qualified twice in the hands of Damon Hill
Old 14 Mar 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3718570)   #277
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
drops of water...was trying trying to figure out what that was around their logo.

it generates attention. i am not familiar with the company but i looked them up...i wonder how much additional web traffic they got since the announcement?
Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3718575)   #278
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The other part of the Force India pink car is that they have brought a new major sponsor to the sport, which was the last team to do that? I can't remember but there has not been many in recent years.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3718579)   #279
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it. Because it's not another black and silver corporate dullfest. It isn't pretty, but it doesn't need to be - it's different, and that's good enough.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3718583)   #280
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If it was good enough for the Porsche 917...
Old 14 Mar 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3718587)   #281
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
If it was good enough for the Porsche 917...
The Pink Pig

Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3718622)   #282
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The other part of the Force India pink car is that they have brought a new major sponsor to the sport, which was the last team to do that? I can't remember but there has not been many in recent years.
cant really think of too many new ones either, or new industries for that matter, getting involved with F1.

certainly a lack of representation by big pharma and technology companies in F1 which is odd given their growing prevalence in the global consumer market (probably a consequence of no FTA and lack of online profile).
Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3718626)   #283
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
actually cant really think of the last F1 team to radically change its colour scheme to accommodate a new sponsor...Renualt for ING?
Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3718629)   #284
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah that was one. Ferrari changing their red a few years back to be more Marlboro-like as well...
Old 15 Mar 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3718705)   #285
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Force India F1 team photo released.

Old 15 Mar 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3718722)   #286
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL

Old 15 Mar 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3718858)   #287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Love it!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3718861)   #288
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Pink is great.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3720572)   #289
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ocon and Perez also have new helmets

Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3720593)   #290
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'm so glad the cars have a much better "stance" on the road. From the front, the cars look amazing now. I never ever cared for the look of the cars post 1998 with the pinched narrow 1800mm track cars. I would prefer 2200mm back again, but the 1993-esque width is more than good enough for me.

The only real negative is that fin at the back.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3720654)   #291
S griffin
Veteran

I also am glad the cars are wider again, couldn't stand it when they went narrower and brought in groove tyres. Of course wider tyres will increase mechanical grip, but unfortunately the bigger downforce will more than likely negate it
Old 22 Mar 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3720660)   #292
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'm not a fan of the fin, nor the fact the cars look about 10m long.
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3720861)   #293
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Renault's new engine has copied the Mercedes split turbine route. Expectations are that the Renault engines will be quick by mid season.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3721026)   #294
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Renault's new engine has copied the Mercedes split turbine route. Expectations are that the Renault engines will be quick by mid season.
I have it on good authority that the TAG-Heuer engines also use this system.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:24 (Ref:3721143)   #295
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
So that makes the Mercedes, with the new for 2017 Renault and Honda engines, all using the split turbine concept that was originally introduced by Mercedes.

Anyone know if the Ferrari 2017 engine is also using this system?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3721153)   #296
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I know I harp on about the length thing, but it was mentioned during FP1 last night that the current Mercedes has a 3.7m wheelbase.

That's absurd. Also mentioned was that the cars of the early 90's to about the mid 00's had wheelbases in the 2.5m range.

They've grown 1.2m in wheelbase, and now they can't get out of the garages without assistance, at least that's what they said about the Williams.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3721168)   #297
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I know I harp on about the length thing, but it was mentioned during FP1 last night that the current Mercedes has a 3.7m wheelbase.

That's absurd. Also mentioned was that the cars of the early 90's to about the mid 00's had wheelbases in the 2.5m range.

They've grown 1.2m in wheelbase, and now they can't get out of the garages without assistance, at least that's what they said about the Williams.
Should be interesting watch 3 point turns at the Loews hairpin so.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3721177)   #298
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I know there is a max width for the cars, but is there a max length?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:19 (Ref:3721185)   #299
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Don't believe so.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3721187)   #300
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some of the extra length from the 90s is longer nose. The front end was extended to move the front wheels forward so there's less chance of suspension parts making their way into the cockpit around the drivers feet.

Monaco tends to have a different steering rack to allow the cars to actually function there.