Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 29 Jul 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3562403)   #1
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sad news is that Ken Costello passed away yesterday http://www.mgcostello.com/
Old 29 Jul 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3562404)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RIP Ken.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3562405)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Sad news is that Ken Costello passed away yesterday.
Yes, RIP Ken. Bit of a visionary. I remember one of our fleet customers having an MGB Costello V8 when they were introduced. Was always annoyed that never got a chance to drive it!
Old 4 Aug 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3563784)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Ken.
Old 8 Aug 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3564556)   #5
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is indeed sad news.

Way back in 1969, I went to see Ken in my Tartan Red MG MGB GT with the idea of having it converted to a V8. He took me out around the local Kent roads in his demonstrator which was great fun. He certainly knew how to drive quickly but safely.

In the end I did not have the conversion done but bought a Glacier White factory B GT V8 new in 1973.

However for a short time in 1983 I owned a 1973 Glacier White Costello V8 roadster and that car simply flew. It was a Porsche eater.

RIP Ken, I am glad that I had the privilege to meet you.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 09:32 (Ref:3568173)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today's Daily Telegraph (24th. August) carries a very good obituary on Ken Costello almost half a page of coverage detailing his dealings with BL. Well worth getting hold of a copy.

Bauble.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3568266)   #7
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Today's Daily Telegraph (24th. August) carries a very good obituary on Ken Costello almost half a page of coverage detailing his dealings with BL. Well worth getting hold of a copy.

Bauble.
Yes, I have just read this obituary. I remember Ken as one of the exciting and successful mini racers of the early 60s. He held a special saloon car lap record at Castle Combe and became Special Saloon Car Champion in 1967. To think that the evolution of the MGB V8 was all down to him is amazing.

Last edited by dave vass; 24 Aug 2015 at 14:32.