Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2972145)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
I'm going to bed now, but I won't sleep well. Just saw the images ... horrific. I hope really that Dan is ok.

I saw the crash from Will Powers pov ... he was extremely lucky not being hit by a lose tire.
I saw that, that tyre was too close for comfort. Apparently Power has gone to hospital with back pain.

Thoughts and prayers with Dan Wheldon.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2972152)   #52
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal View Post
I don't like the way that two cars are covered up or that the Medivac Chopper is spooling up. That was a horrible wreck and I have the same feeling as I had in 1999 watching Fontana
x 2.
It has been a tough couple of hours waiting. Hoping for the best Dan.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2972153)   #53
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd say that's the worst crash in any top tier racing series since I can remember. 4 or 5 cars completely airborne.

The last one was actually Power, he flew over half the track and then yeah, as you guys said, that wheel came dangerously close. Reminded me of the Senna crash.

What a shame for Wheldon, after winning the Indy 500 and starting only his 2nd race this year, that appears to be injured. The cover over the car is not a good look... or the fact that we still haven't had ANY word after an hour. Hope he's okay!!!

Franchitti got lucky though being the last guy that made it through. No surprise there.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2972159)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't like the look on TK's face.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2972162)   #55
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The body language from everyone is making me sick to my stomach.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2972164)   #56
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad images of Jimmy Vasser hugging a crying Tony Kanaan on pit road. There's a terrible sense of 12 year deja vu...

RIP Dan Wheldon. A horrible day in motorsports.

The drivers will do a 5 lap salue to him..
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2972166)   #57
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
gone
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2972167)   #58
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Randy Bernhard has just announced it.

RIP Dan Wheldon.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2972169)   #59
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
RIP Dan Wheldon
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2972170)   #60
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is just horrible,
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2972171)   #61
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
AMP Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Dan Wheldon, will be sorely missed. God Speed Dan.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2972172)   #62
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's tragic. RIP in Dan. What a shame, such a great driver and nice guy as well
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2972174)   #63
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Dan Wheldon. 2011 Indy 500 winner. British racing hero. Gone too soon.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2972175)   #64
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Dan. A true champion, a terrible day.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2972176)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Absolutely tragic.

RIP Dan.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2972177)   #66
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Rip dan
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2972179)   #67
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Horrible accident

Feared the worst ... Hoped for the best

Sadly not to be

A Tragic Loss.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2972180)   #68
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope that Wheldon survives and the others do not have long term serious injuries, but it does not look good right now.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2972181)   #69
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Dan Wheldon and prayers to his family, a fantastic, underrated driver who has won Indianapolis and the Indycar Championship itself.

The racing community lost an incredible individual today.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2972182)   #70
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Dan, a good life taken much too soon...
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2972184)   #71
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
RIP Dan Wheldon. We just lost a great champion.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2972185)   #72
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Blinding fast as a teenager, wild and tempramental with it, made him entertaining.
"Dan the Pram" we called him at Brands 'cos there was often something getting thrown out of it.
Was so pleased when he matured and won the Indy 500.
**** day today.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2972186)   #73
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A great champion and a great man. You'll be missed, Dan. RIP
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2972188)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
This is not what IndyCar needed after all problems the sport has had and as it struggles to find it's way forward; a very sad day.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2972189)   #75
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to hear about Dan. My condolences to his family and friends.

A senseless tragedy that should have never happened.