Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2484066)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Circuit lights power cut

I remember RLM mentioning that the circuit lights had failed at Indianapolis/Arnage. Does any one remember this? For obvious reasons they didn't show this on the telly.

Was anyone there when it happened? I wished I was so I could experience those corners in the proper dark again.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 22:24 (Ref:2484105)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was taking pictures at that corner, there were two lights at Indianapolis and a string of them at Arnage corner. I'm not sure if this was less or more than normal as i'd never been out there shooting before. Pics look good though, one of the lights looks just like the moon sitting in the trees. I'll post it on the photography forum sometime in the next week or son.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2484297)   #3
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I was on duty at 106 (the post 1/2 way between Arnage and Porsche Curves) and it was just like the old days.
Wonderful. As you say, Proper Dark, if just for those 20 minutes or so.
Sadly they put the lights in for race control's benefit, without floodlights, no CCTV coverage. And I think there was even more at Arnage than previously

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 16 Jun 2009 at 08:39. Reason: yes, there were more
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2484366)   #4
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I was watching at Arnage when the lights went out and as Bodysnatcher says, it was like the good old days. A blast of noise and light from Indianapolis, headlights lighting up Arnage corner and then off they blasted leaving us in darkness. Much more evocative and atmospheric, particularly nice for the two people with me who had never seen Arnage without the lights.

(And rumours of me being seen earlier with some wirecutters around the fusebox are completely unfounded!)
Old 16 Jun 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2484622)   #5
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7rhzxwzPxo
Old 16 Jun 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2484644)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

That was fantastic!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2484695)   #7
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Brings tears to my eye thinking about what "progress" has taken from us..brilliant piece of video
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2484722)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There were frequent power cuts in the ACO enclosure, too.

Apparently, the sun has been giving off unusual amounts of solar energy resulting in power cuts - recently, I've experienced power cuts in supermarkets and at the dentist's.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2484846)   #9
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That should have been scary as hell for the drivers... to have all your reference points gone in a blink.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2484850)   #10
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing how that first car didn't swirve or twitch, especially since it was just about to turn into the curve when the lights went out.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2484950)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Amazing how that first car didn't swirve or twitch, especially since it was just about to turn into the curve when the lights went out.
May have helped that it was a works Peugeot. Would not like to know what might have happened if some inexperienced gentleman in a proto had been in that position!
Old 17 Jun 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2485059)   #12
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by undoz View Post
That should have been scary as hell for the drivers... to have all your reference points gone in a blink.
I think Marco Werner told something similar about his last fast lap in Qualifying where in places lights were already off indeed
Old 17 Jun 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2485346)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Old 17 Jun 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2485437)   #14
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was with AllonFS at the time and it went eerily quiet for a split second before the thunderous noise piled through in front of us. A great few minutes although not for one of the drivers in the previous footage who so nearly lost it. Great footage!
Old 18 Jun 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2486012)   #15
Ya_Barred
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol
Ya_Barred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and me. Here is one of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG_Qn68Zqm0
Old 18 Jun 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2486070)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is great. I love it.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2487670)   #17
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I just made a mess ;-)

they should have 1 reasonably easy section of the track in total darkness all the time.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2521944)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It was almost like the answer to my prayers seeing the debris fencing 'disappear' like that!