Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 May 2001, 04:50 (Ref:89185)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rossi/Biaggi bangings...your takes

During the S.Africa race, when Rossi got by Biaggi for the second(?) time, and put his hand up right after he got by, the tv commentators made a big thing about how he was giving Biaggi the finger.

This wasn't my take on it at all, to me it seemed that as it was a forcefull pass, it was more of a hand up to say something along the lines of "I'm past, but I wasn't trying to take you off"

Considering the elbow job that Biaggi gave him just a few laps earlier, when Rossi went up on the grass, perhaps Valen. WAS giving him the finger, but it didn't seem that way to me visually.

Have any of you read anything giving an indication of Rossi's feeling about this and the other pass?
Old 5 May 2001, 05:19 (Ref:89190)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
djb, I should state for the record 1st up that IMO, Max is the most egotistical & over-rated rider in racing today.

That said, I believe it was a finger shown to him, and my temper would have made me do a lot worse after someone tried to run me off the track at over 200kph!!!

Max is a has-been that never was. He could never beat Mick, and now Rossie is going to finalise whats left of his 'junior ranked' career. Factory bike and still consistantly slower than the other Yammies. Back to 250's Max or off the old riders home - take your pick.

I'll put it on the record here and now - BIAGGI WILL NEVER BE 500 CHAMPION.
Old 5 May 2001, 05:21 (Ref:89192)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Woops got a little excited there I forgot to ask - Did'nt this happen is Suzuka? - or did I miss it happen again in SA?
Old 5 May 2001, 06:14 (Ref:89201)   #4
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
to be completely honest, I'm not sure. I got the tapes shipped to me from my friend, and watched both races back to back, fairly late at night and after a long day of work and then evening dad duties, so perhaps my brain got the races muddled up.

Will go back to the tape and check sometime.
Old 5 May 2001, 23:40 (Ref:89476)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just suzuka, max had an ordinary south african gp and didny get close to valentino...
Old 8 May 2001, 20:41 (Ref:90456)   #6
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi..um..I'm pretty new here! Hope I'm welcomed around here..

I just found out about this forum. And I just want to say that I'm a huge Valentino Rossi fan and never miss his races on TV. And I never did like Biaggi from the very start.

And about that "finger" incident at the Suzuka race, I think it's pretty fair enough. If I was deliberately getting elbowed and almost pushed out of the tracks, I would do the same thing Rossi did. My first reaction when he lifted his finger, I was like.."Way To Go, Rossi!!!"

~Sarah
Old 8 May 2001, 20:44 (Ref:90459)   #7
3M_chix
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

During the S.Africa race, when Rossi got by Biaggi for the second(?) time, and put his hand up right after he got by, the tv commentators made a big thing about how he was giving Biaggi the finger.
djb, I think you meant the Suzuka race? I doubt it happen again at the S. Africa race. Max didn't come close to Valenino during the S.A race.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
djb, I should state for the record 1st up that IMO, Max is the most egotistical & over-rated rider in racing today.

Max is a has-been that never was. He could never beat Mick, and now Rossie is going to finalise whats left of his 'junior ranked' career. Factory bike and still consistantly slower than the other Yammies. Back to 250's Max or off the old riders home - take your pick.

I'll put it on the record here and now - BIAGGI WILL NEVER BE 500 CHAMPION.
That is sooooo true, my friend! I have full confidence in Rossi and I think he deserves the championship title this season.
Max, eat your heart out!

~Sarah

Last edited by 3M_chix; 8 May 2001 at 20:53.
Old 8 May 2001, 21:19 (Ref:90492)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome Sarah to our friendly forum. Good to see you started posting in the bike forum.

All the best

Moffat
Old 8 May 2001, 21:31 (Ref:90506)   #9
3M_chix
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome Moffat. I wish to post here more often too...

~Sarah
Old 9 May 2001, 03:26 (Ref:90585)   #10
3M_chix
Rookie

I just can't help but to post this...(Taken off from Motogp.com)

Biaggi is believed to have referred to Rossi's gesture as 'bad mannered', telling the Nastro Azzurro sponsored rider that he shouldn't have even tried the manoeuvre in the first place.

'Is that enough reason to try and put me out of the race?' Rossi is quoted as asking.

'That's your problem' was Biaggi's curt reply.

'If we both fall it's bad for Italy' Rossi retaliated. 'For me when the checkered flag is raised that is the end of the matter. But if you want to carry this on then let's carry on - I'll see you on the track' he concluded.

Rossi later explained the incident in more detail. 'I gave him one of these' he grinned, raising his middle finger. 'We had a really good fight over the first few laps. We touched a few times on the brakes but I don't mind that because it's racing. But on the straight he saw me coming on the outside and tried to push me off the track. He saw me and thought to himself 'you're going off' - this is very dangerous and I was pretty scared. I hope it doesn't happen next time and we put it behind us, but I don't really mind if not.'

*tsk..tsk..tsk*

~Sarah
Old 9 May 2001, 03:30 (Ref:90587)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by 3M_chix
That is sooooo true, my friend! I have full confidence in Rossi and I think he deserves the championship title this season.
Max, eat your heart out!

~Sarah
Welcome Sarah, I can see we are gonna get along just fine Whilst I think Rossie can be a little arrogant, There is no denying his incredible talent. The next Mick and beyond I think.
Quote:
Originally posted by 3M_chix
Thanks for the welcome Moffat. I wish to post here more often too...
Oh, and be careful of Amoffat, he represents all that is evil

Wrex
Old 9 May 2001, 22:14 (Ref:90843)   #12
djb
Veteran

Thanks for the quotes sticky tape lady (for me, 3M is the company that makes tape....)

I don't often think of going to motogp so it was interesting to hear some quotes by the two.
Old 10 May 2001, 00:08 (Ref:90884)   #13
3M_chix
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by djb
Thanks for the quotes sticky tape lady (for me, 3M is the company that makes tape....)

I don't often think of going to motogp so it was interesting to hear some quotes by the two.
You're welcome, djb. Hmmm...sticky tape lady?..:lol: Is that gonna be my permanent nickname from now on?..:lol:

~Sarah
Old 13 May 2001, 13:24 (Ref:91740)   #14
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree sticky tape,
Rossi is headed straight to the top!

i have to say that that my fav. vale quote about the whole vale/max incedent was "I was very scared becuase i become a moto-cross rider at 200mph"
LOL
vale you've got to love him!