Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Nov 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2794660)   #26
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The idea was to come up with some sort of format that would fill a grid to help the gang running the 6 Hrs.Seems we could have a 30 min race and 25 mins practise for two hundred quid.

It doesn't matter what format it is just to help people,sometimes a concept that is lost on here.Last year they were virtually promised a decent size grid for 6 hrs mostly from here but it didn't happen.Unfortunate!

The dates don't matter just come up with a formula that does work under some sort of LIbre class.The odd B8,Elva,Speedster I can come up with .Thought basis of a run out two weeks before 3 hrs might appeal as a test day as it can tell you things about car and gives you time to change car before the main event but seems I got that one wrong.

66,70,36 who cares!It just a way of helping.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2794662)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed, John; I understand the concept and what you are saying. I have an idea but am yet to see whether it has any mileage, but let's do it somehow. As a matter of interest can you remind me what year the Alpine Harrington is (or has it now gone?) and the Speedster?
Old 23 Nov 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2794664)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Al,

Why not put your name down for it. You're there as a driver in one of the 6hrs cars too?

An all comers race on treaded tyres, minimum two seats, would cover the technical requirements surely?

And yes, you can learn a lot from racing rather than testing.

We tested the Capri for the day last year and drove it gently for obvious reasons. Come the race we were slower than expected and then had that fuel issue. Had we entered a race previously we'd have put the car through a more rigorous test and possibly discovered the speed issue.

Edit: Just discovered that 29 April is declared a public holiday, so need to organise accommodation PDQ.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 23 Nov 2010 at 12:32.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2794699)   #29
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Problem is that it is same weekend as Donington with first round of Pre 63 Series.

Harrington 60/Speedster 55

It would have been easy if that was not on as would have suggested and sorted race to 56 and included Pre War cars as they had at Le Mans five years ago.We could have raised half the grid!

Now the only thing we have is B8 and Elva.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2794775)   #30
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
So do we have any form of regs for the additional race or more as to what can and can't enter?
Old 23 Nov 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2794783)   #31
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
THE 360 WEDDING BREAKFAST SPRINT

Ok ....Gonna come in now with some news.

Firstly as you may have heard, looks like Im now at a wedding the day before 360. As I stated in another thread, Kate was desperate to attend the next 360 so, rather than get married on a Saturday, she brought it forward a day so that they could attend 360, Will wanted to be on post at Sears, Kate was gonna do Race Admin as per norm before setting off on Honeymoon. It also means that I can attend both functions (note to self....need a hat)

So, what does this mean to THIS support Race? well it means we all have a day off BEFORE as well as AFTER the 360

OK, I think John Ruston has hit the nail on the head. This is a BONUS race, there will be tropheys (First Second and Third + ) but its not a series and should not be taken too seriously as such. Its a "demo" race really for want of a better word a jolly litle sprint for competitors who are

1 Not daft
2 love their own cars enough not to drive like looney tunes
3 "Gentlemen" types (or "Ladies")
4 Jolly nice chaps

Now, seeing as we are all getting in a "Rule Britania" type mood and a right royal knees up, lets do this

We will call it "The 360 Wedding Breakfast Sprint" its for Sports racers and GT's Replica or not (please I dont want a debate about replicas, its a royal wedding...LET YOUR HAIR DOWN.)If you have a GT40, be it real or rep, or a B8, an MG, a Bentley or an E type Jag, whatever, you may enter this race, this wedding breakfast sprint which is 20 mins qualifying and 30 mins race so 50 mins track time and as I am all happy that I finally get to go to a wedding...we will price it now at £175.00 (pounds)

There...... a 30 min sprint for Sports Racers and GT Cars for £175.00. 1st 2nd and Third PLUS a "best man/maid of honour" award for the best looking car.

No pre age limit, more details will follow....as for regs...if you run to HSCC, SRGT, 360MRC, MASTERS, CTCC, CRSCC,MGCC, RELATIVE REGS...YOU CAN COME. More details to follow

THE 360 RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY, ENTRY WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS, YOUR HOME IS AT RISK IF YOU LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN
Old 23 Nov 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2794824)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Well done Clare.
Bring it and run it.

We will enter two cars.

Where do I send the cheque?
Old 23 Nov 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2794861)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well i did a google but cant find what CRSCC stands for?
Old 23 Nov 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2794871)   #34
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Claires Royal Sprint Car Club !!!!!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2794876)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Witty, witty!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2794878)   #36
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Dont call me names! lol....and thanks again for coming at the weekend, was good to see you.

Now Al , you are in the 6 hour....you gotta do the wedding breakfast!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2794943)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Still at the discussion stage with Cliff.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2794947)   #38
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Ok ....Gonna come in now with some news.

Firstly as you may have heard, looks like Im now at a wedding the day before 360.
Hey what a bonus and absolutely brilliant planning by Will & Kate!! At least it may take my dear wife's mind off the fact that it's our wedding anniversary on the 29th too, so that I can now disappear to my second home more safely.

Actually thinking about it perhaps I've just realised why Sal says it ought to be my 1st home owing to the time I spend there!! Don't know what she means!!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2794954)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All sounds good Claire.

I assume Will and Kate will be popping up to Sandringham on the Friday night so they can make an early start for the Track on Saturday. It would be a shame to have to open the place up for just the two of them - perhaps you could give them a call and offer them a few house guests to keep them company for the evening.

I also assume that the economy wedding will be accompanied by an economy honeymoon so presumably they would be delighted to spend the first day at the royally refurbished Snetterton rather than just rushing off to Clacton or Bognor or whichever Holiday Park is lined up for them.

Perhaps a quiet word with the Airforce to see if they would let him demonstrate his chopper prowess? Could be a bit like F1 with a flying medical rescue facility ....
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2794955)   #40
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Hey what a bonus and absolutely brilliant planning by Will & Kate!! At least it may take my dear wife's mind off the fact that it's our wedding anniversary on the 29th too, so that I can now disappear to my second home more safely.

Actually thinking about it perhaps I've just realised why Sal says it ought to be my 1st home owing to the time I spend there!! Don't know what she means!!

MSV have also booked a meeting for Monday 2nd May (bank holiday) as well.
Happy Days.
As it's a Royal Wedding occasion, shouldn't we at least rule that all cars in the Sprint must be British! Just a thought.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2794956)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
As it's a Royal Wedding Occasion shouldn't we at least rule that all cars in the Sprint must be British! Just a thought.
Or German. Or Greek.

Or from a former colony .....
Old 23 Nov 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2794957)   #42
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
------------As it's a Royal Wedding Occasion shouldn't we at least rule that all cars in the Sprint must be British! Just a thought.
No but I tell ya what, they must have some red white and blue on them somewhere hows that?

REGS UPDATE FOR WEDDING BREAKFAST SPRINT: CAR MUST HAVE RED WHITE AND BLUE ON IT SOMEWHERE
Old 24 Nov 2010, 00:36 (Ref:2794965)   #43
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
No but I tell ya what, they must have some red white and blue on them somewhere hows that?

REGS UPDATE FOR WEDDING BREAKFAST SPRINT: CAR MUST HAVE RED WHITE AND BLUE ON IT SOMEWHERE
I'll go with that, and the trophy can be one of those nice, tasteful souvenir mugs!
Old 24 Nov 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2794966)   #44
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Or German. Or Greek.

Or from a former colony .....
Greek!! There we go. All cars must be Greek.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2794974)   #45
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
I'll go with that, and the trophy can be one of those nice, tasteful souvenir mugs!
Or the Wills and Kate Plate!
Old 24 Nov 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2794976)   #46
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Ok so its on the website now, along with the entry forms and also links to make payment etc.

www.360mrc.com

You can manually pay direct to the bank via the web, just click on manual payment when you have filled in the entry form and then you will be given directions on how to pay or you can pay via PayPal, your choice people.

Also, while you are there, as christmas is coming up and you are wondering what to get that special someone in your life...what about a 360 T shirt!!!! check the website out for them

Ta peoples
Old 24 Nov 2010, 01:56 (Ref:2794982)   #47
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Just fill the bloody grid!
Old 24 Nov 2010, 02:30 (Ref:2794990)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tried to enter through the site but its asking for a membership number etc. Haven't a clue what that is.

Entry fee transferred.

Claire, can you confirm that my entry details were received please?

Better tell Ken now.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2795083)   #49
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Tried to enter through the site but its asking for a membership number etc. Haven't a clue what that is.

Entry fee transferred.

Claire, can you confirm that my entry details were received please?

Better tell Ken now.
Peter, sorry, I was in a hurry to update the site last night and didnt do something I should have!!! (its rather more complex than the old site)

Enter the form again and it should be ok

Sorry...I need staff! lol
Old 24 Nov 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2795089)   #50
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
out of interest what tyres are you allowed to run for a 70's car in the 360 race?