Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Feb 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2832692)   #26
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
The removed section is bolted back in,a mod first performed by someone at Cambridge Motorsport quite a while ago JP. There are quite a few Bs racing with it done,no i'll effects at all and makes g/box removal a lot easier.
That makes sense, I couldn't see any mounts to bolt it back in.

It was done on an old BCV8 chassis that I had that was build in the early '80s.
Old 14 May 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2880262)   #27
Revvedup917
Rookie

Revvedup917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I know where there is a rare wire wheeled BGT automatic that can be bought for silly cheap money at this moment
The guy in the workshop next to me has a 63 roadster on a rollover stand fitting almost all the new panels you can buy. He is well aware that he can buy one "ready to go" for less money but he just loves doing it !!!
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but is the MGB still available ? Although I would prefer a manual, but wire wheels, rarity and silly money seems quite enchanting to me. I want one to chariot me to my first Le Mans, which should be fitting since the car finished 11th in the 1965 Le Mans.
Old 14 May 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2880286)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find that all of the above is referring to a 'shell only',are you looking for a project or fully built car?
Old 14 May 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2880326)   #29
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think you'll find that all of the above is referring to a 'shell only',are you looking for a project or fully built car?
not so sure TB - Gordon's post does sound like a whole car was available, separate from the shell being restored by the chap next door?
Old 15 May 2011, 04:03 (Ref:2880456)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just going by the thread title
Old 15 May 2011, 06:23 (Ref:2880474)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The Auto BGT I was referring to is complete and has been sitting in a garden for ages. If I can remember I'll give the guy a ring.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 May 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2880491)   #32
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Just going by the thread title
yes but that was penned by Tim not Gordon
Old 15 May 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2880600)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Ah,shows how interested I must have been.
Old 15 May 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2880677)   #34
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Anyway as has been said before, its far cheaper to buy one already done "properly! and not just made of P38 and under seal.
Unless of course you have the know how and facilities and can do all the work yourself.
The roadster in the workshop next to me is a labour of love and after it was soda blasted it looked like a sieve !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Jun 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2895462)   #35
Revvedup917
Rookie

Revvedup917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am looking for a runner that requires minor cosmetic work. Nothing more ! Just something to ferry my young self in reasonable style and pace - Think Graduate !